Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Sherry.....if I can use the right words....if I can reach out to help another parent....

it is because you, Dee...so many others....reached out to me....when my human boat was going down...down...down...and held me with your words of care, compassion and understanding....and taught me.post-306805-0-43077200-1454096884_thumb.post-306805-0-29732900-1454096907_thumb.post-306805-0-09356800-1454096950_thumb.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Dianne, I wanted to thank you for the kind response to my post about signs from our loved ones...I am hoping that it gives some comfort to all.

Dee, I too was wondering just today about where you were...perhaps you would be able to share some of your poetry again when you can...you, Sherry, Colleen, and Kate, I am grateful you all stayed on for those of us later...

Becky, thanks for sharing the story of your fight for justice for Jared. I have never heard the full version like that before.

I was thinking over the quest for justice especially after the girl who ran over Jesse is still fighting us till the end here...she just cannot come clean and tell the story and take responsibility for her actions. The following is just my perspective...feelings and thoughts...

After nearly 3 years of being in the criminal justice system...when I got the last email from the DA's office last week, I was just enraged all over again. For those who are in my community and even those people in my life, there have been at times an insistence that I take a certain mindset, set of actions or stance, which I absolutely know that if it were them, they would not do, what "easy" words fall from their lips. I have seen these same people get upset/angry over such far less yet the subtle demands were put out there on how to process my son's death, and consequent quest for justice should be on the terms they have arrived at. This is for the most part subtle, sometimes it has not been. I though, have never been a follower of a crowd, seen too many times how needing a herd mentality just leads to nowhere.

So, I now think the burden of proof should be on those who place subtle demands out there -- place it back squarely on their shoulders... I would like to ask them how many people have been kept safe by someone else's tragedy and quest for justice as new laws and regulations were put into place? Think Madd,, worker's protections resulting from the tragic fire at Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, and just individuals battling their own cases, etc. So many have unknowingly been spared from harm, by those laws and consequences put into place by someone else's tragedy. It is always easy to sit on the sidelines and suggest what the soldiers in the field should have done...but it is another thing to fight the battle with your own hands and broken heart with the horrific loss of your beautiful child.

Of course there is the matter that my sister was also killed on the road, ran over by 3 drivers, the first two ran away. One woman came back 2 weeks later with an attorney, was never charged, never offered to pay a dime. My mom and dad, myself paid for everything. My sister's remains were grisly.

My youngest son came to me with a story this past Saturday. His fellow co-worker had a good friend who ran over and killed an Amish father and his son in a neighboring community. The co-worker's "friend" was wasted but was behind the wheel. But he lied through his teeth and got away with killing 2 people. My son's fellow co-worker is no longer this person's friend.

In our quest for justice, no matter what, know you have done what you could to the uttermost. Georgina, you are in my thoughts on this too as are any others who have had to face this kind of situation.

Thinking of all Indigoes tonight, sending peace and prayers. May you find rest and perhaps a sweet dream of your beloved child.

Wayne, our family too had to face media with my sister's death. Be careful what you say, as you have found out the media are out for a story -- they can be like vultures. I too had to contact media when my son was killed as they were putting false stories out there on what happened that day, smearing his name in his death. Take a little bit a time, in this beginning, a minute, an hour, a day. I always was careful to have a safe retreat when I went places in the event I felt overcome with emotions. My grief counselor recommended creating a spot in my home where I could rest, with comfortable soft throws, comfort teas, etc.. I chose a corner chair for this purpose, had all my stuff there. I could retreat there when need be. I still do use that corner chair when I feel unstable. There is a numbness in effect, I think many do not realize how deep in shock they really are until a later stage. Prayers for you and your family for your beautiful Logan.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Gentle hugs to you, Laurie. I am so sorry that that woman, Jesse's killer, is such an evil liar! I doubt she'll ever tell the truth, it's just not in their nature to be honest, or to care about the families they have also crushed! As far as people that tell you to get over it or move on, yeah right, I doubt seriously they would conduct themselves as well as we have if someone did to THEIR child what had been done to ours! I just say, and this includes to some family members, " when you've walked a mile in my shoes, then and only then come and tell me what I need to do!"

The media also reported wrong facts on my son as well, but that is the fault of the police. I asked the police how the news reported him in the driver's lane when hit, when they said they couldn't determine which lane he was in, and they told us the news must have misunderstood them. Yeah, right! The news also said my son landed in that same lane, which was also wrong, as he landed on the other side of the road and her vehicle was in the middle of the two lanes. I have those pictures but would not want them published to prove a point. So infuriating. I called the news, and complained, but they never corrected it. People will believe what they read like it is gospel, not knowing the child or the family, or what kind of person they were.

When we had to go to court to defend the charges that woman brought against Jasmine, my daughter looked at that jury and told them how it was that she even knew the complainant, and that was because she had run over her younger brother and didn't want to claim any responsibility, but that she was the only one in her vehicle, so who else could be responsible? The driver had been on the stand and told those jurers that SHE had a restraining order against US in two states, which my daughter Jasmine explained to that jury that the driver was a liar, that it was OUR filing a wrongful death suit against HER, and part of that civil agreement that WE initiated, was that there be NO CONTACT! Jasmine was found NOT GUILTY of those spiteful charges, and we felt like we were finally heard. Like I said before, dealing with the justice system, only complicates our grief.

Only now do I finally feel like we can begin to move forward. I know we have helped create some positive change in Jared's honor, so I do have that.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky
post-297831-0-40055600-1454167574_thumb.post-297831-0-14061200-1454167615_thumb.

• Members

https://www.facebook.com/184409188285310/videos/2710297192668/

this may not work unless you are on Facebook. today is forest's birthday.

i haven't been here to read. i glanced one day and saw a new dad with a 16 year old son. to you my heart breaks for you. those  replays of the moment you found out are so awful. it took me years to quit falling to my knees over it. still does occasionally. i'm so sorry it will get easier but never leaves. i'm glad you found this group. it has been a lifesaver for me.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Happy heavenly birthday Forest!!

Gretchen. how are you? I think of you often, and Forest. I picture him playing video games with my J.D.

• Members

HAPPY   HEAVENLY   BIRTHDAY,............FOREST........ANGEL  IN   HEAVEN.

Laurie------I, so, know what you mean about advice about how to handle

your dear son, John David's death, and the legal case surrounding it.

As you say......most of the advice is well-meant,....some not.  But the

vast amount of it is unwanted at the least.  It serves only to exasperate

and annoy...... I know.  With our David's case,  we spoke very little of 

the legal angle of it to anyone, even extended family members. Thankfully,

most of them did not offer too much 'advice'. Just keep up your quest,

Laurie.  As we have seen here at BI.....with heartbroken parents whose

child was taken by the sheer negligence of others who deny everyting,

there is a lot of 'ducking' , lying, and just plain negligence on the part

of the law enforcement.  Plenty of blame to go around.  Your story of

the man who ran over & killed 2 Amish people....lied about it, and got

away with it......is a good example of the way some people think they

should not have to suffer the consequences for their own actions.

All too common anymore. You're doing the right thing to stick to your

guns to get justice for John David.

Susan----Yes....Here at BI, it works out that way...Everyone helps everyone

else with their posts etc.  Sometimes they may not even be aware of the

fact that their words, songs, screenshots, poems, etc. may have had just

the right message to lift their spirits and soothe their hearts for awhile.

whether they are on are on this road a long time, or very new to this

journey..,....all of us needs all the help we can get.

PEACE    AND   COMFORT   TO   ALL   INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,    Sherry

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-03877300-1454198106_thumb.post-306805-0-53426300-1454198366_thumb.

Gretchen....here I am on the 4th year of my grief journey....and I find the 'birthday dates' make me want to run and hide..take the zillion of photos...and just let myself have my 19th Nervous Breakdown....and all the crying jags my body can stand...I know every parent handles them different....but I do want you to do whatever you can to make this day...livable.

I loved the video...and felt that zinger of pain...like I do when I watch other videos and photos of all the missing children on this site....for I know there is a parent that is feeling the hurt and longing...

sometimes...I can't watch...or listen to music...I go to another place...depending on if I am having a 'good day or bad day'...

I am comforted in that you are surrounded by your other children...grandchildren...and I know they are propping you up with their care and love...

He is such a loving and talented young man....all that he is...remains...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Laurie....it is heartbreaking to read of the situations a grieving parent has to be confronted with....not only in grieving for the child...but the idiots...that make it more horrific.

I also cringe when a parent shares what family and friends have said....words without mercy....and the betrayal....from persons one would think would walk with the ones already so hurt...and broken.

When a parent shares those stories...I know it reaches those that have had the same and similar situations...it can only help them know they aren't the only ones...and know it is not their fault.

You and your family have had to endure some very sad experiences from the hands of very rude and hateful people.

I am guessing there isn't a spot on this earth that doesn't have their share of those kinds of creeps. No one is immune.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Thank you Laurie Sherry I'm must admit like Becky this fight is taking it out of my. I've been so ill and I can't seem to shake anything off. But the feeling I got when our solicitor said he would help us was a good. I felt a little bit of hooe for the first time.

We are having to what so many on here have had to do before us , investigate and fight ourselves. It's exhausting but I wouldn't stop no matter how hard it becomes. I'm doing because james deserved better than he got.

We have a meeting with the paramedic who attended james on the day next week. I'm so scared but I need to know they did everything they could. I've lost all faith in the police I just can't believe that we're having to do this like Laurie said its enough to deal with the torment of loss without this battle as well.

God Bless

Don't you think it's strange how we all have so much in common. How did I find this site. And all our angels are such beautiful children.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Happy heavenly birthday Forest xx

• Members

Forest Sweet Handsome Man- Son and Brother Extrordinaire- May you always know of the lasting love that swirls about due to your having lived in this place under the same skies as everyone else here. It is the forever that we speak of when we say, 'love you forever'...it is so. And we know that you too, love them forever. Please make sure that your Family, especially Mom, feels your sweet spirit sitting with her tonight.

In your honor, I had to watch this video since it is one of my most favorite songs and the man singing so reminds me of you Forest...

Gretchen Dear, this day brought you the love of your deepest heart-and so what a great day it is.

Enjoy

• Members

Hi Laurie, Becky, Susan, Sherry, Dianne, Sandy, Georgina, Wayne, Gretchen, Kate, Colleen, Shannon, Carol, Trudi, Francesca, Pam, and all of our lovely family here, I have been crazy busy with our annual fund raiser so I haven't been as able to be here, though I have read just about everything from last week.

Thank you Laurie for asking for some poetry, how sweet of you. I will post something soon. I am so sorry for the added hassles to your case. It is so unkind to think of someone treating you poorly after so much heartache. If I could, I would prevent this woman from foisting anymore hurt your way. Same with Becky, if I could Becky, I would make it so that your family could be free now from all of that negativity. So glad that the judge ruled in your Daughter's favor. Again, it is hard to fathom how a person would add more pain to the devastation that already exists in their wake.

Georgina, you must find ways to replenish your immune system especially now. Do you take a good vitamin C. Something Systemic so that you are building your body's ability to fight inflammation and vitamin B to offer your nervous system some assistance?

Sherry, we had a day of partly sunny skies and it was in the high 30's, so the Little One, (Michael) and I went out for some walks, we took his super coup car to the park and just meandered, he walked across the field and we watched a big frieght train which delighted him and we went on swings and slides before walking back home. The freedom of just walking about was so sweet for him and for me. Erica Grandgirl was out with Mom doing some Mom and Daughter things. So good for them both. Ihope that you are well and enjoying the tiny-bit-longer days. Sun not going down until after 5:00 now.

gotta go to bed, pretty tired by now,

peaceful night All

• Members

Asleep in the snow

Asleep in the snow- cold is her blanket-

Sparkling dreams and crystallized wonder

Tucked into a drift by a lullaby of wind

What could be more like home?

The sleep so deep that even prey sitting nearby can’t rouse her,

Respiration reduced and those three-seasons-needs gone for now.

Living but barely alive it seems; a foot in both worlds as ice thickens trapping the fish further down, stopping the movement apparent just days ago.

Skaters find this place and the sounds of blades on ice reverberate through the now frozen-solid pond, twirling over the opaque cover day and into the evenings. Woodpeckers drill and blue-jays holler, cardinals and robins forage alongside the chickadees and sparrow.

It is winter in the forest and she is very sleepy.

First Snow

White hush over the town,

Allowing the sparkle to shine through the tears,

Warm memories lodged in her old heart,

Children of others laughing down the sled hills

And she walked on knowing those were once the sounds of her Own children laughing.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Dee did you write these? there beautiful! I really feel you should put them all in a book to sell I know such a lot of parents in our position would connect with them.

Thank you for the advice I've been so ill in bed for three days so unlike me but I just don't seem to be able to fight these infections I keep getting. I'll try the vitamins. Thank you. And thank you for the song.

We've got such a tough couple of weeks ahead. We're meeting with the paramedics that attending James on the day. Although I know it's going to be unbearable to listen to all the details deep in my heart I fell I have to go through this as I've lost all my faith in the police service and need to meet and hear for myself what they did for James.

On the 16th were meeting with our lawyer to put our case against the driver together. It's a 600 hundred mile journey there and back! He's already told us we will have to look at some of the scene pictures, not of james, but still distressing! oh I don't know, why couldn't they have done things right, it's hard enough just dealing with the grief every second of every day without having to fight for justice which every human being deserves.

I know now what Becky and others mean about this fight taking such a toll on our health, but I know I have to do this for my child 'he deserved better than he got on that day'.

So fed up with people telling me to move on and it's not going to bring him back!!! I'm going to use the analogy ' until you have walked in my shoes '.....

Peace to all Georgina X

• Members

Georgina, as someone once told me...I should not push vitamins without a person speaking to a doctor about what is safe to take and what is not. I do however believe that to build one's immune system is very important and I know that our immune system gets totally depleted and that is when illness and auto immune diseases can strike the hardest. So a good vitamin C, plus making sure you are well hydrated each day, drinking water and green tea and eating some protein several times per day. I know that the B vitamins help process food into energy but also assist our nervous systems, so be mindful of that which can help you build strength all the time, especially when you know the events ahead are going to be hard to manage. Vitamin D is vital as well, especially if you have little to no sunlight right now or if you don't get outside much.

Yes, these are just a couple of the poems I have written over time, thank you for the compliment. I am inspired mostly by outdoors and my Girl. I often wonder if a book would even make it to the shelves, if any editor would look at it...one day maybe. It is a dream of mine.

• Members

Another about winter and loss;

Footprints in the snow

Was a time that even my footprints in the snow could not lead me back home.

Though clearly marked,

the shell that housed my life, my belongings was simply that.

In that time, I was like a crab, searching for a new home

a bigger shell to house not only what was-

but all that changed in that tiny moment.

All that would become.

I needed to build a new home that could house the good right next to the tragic,

I needed a much bigger home in order to sustain my new life-

a foot in both worlds.

Eventually, the home was built though construction continues

an unending process I have learned,

and accepted.

And now my footprints in the snow lead me home,

lying parallel like railroad tracks to those first steps.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wishing you a beautiful heavenly birthday Forest. May your light shine on and the warmth of your smile touch your family today.

Thinking of you today Gretchen.​

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Thanks to all who responded to my post on the trial update...it means more than words can say. Sherry, Becky, Dee and Susan, for the personal insight.

Dee, thanks for the poetry...it is a blessing to all.

Georgina, thank you for posting the song.

gallery_312988_263_301031.png

Sending gentle thoughts to all Indigoes today.

• Members

These words Laurie,(below) are so very wonderfully put, so right-on! It is on the backs of many when a law changes or goes into effect. It is due to losses that others don't know about and we are the worn to the bone parents who have fought so very hard to make it so. In our own battle against the Rail-Road in Michigan, we were able to make sure that the intersection where Erica's life was taken, was changed, it was made safe. It was indeed a celebration for us, in our broken hearts to know that nobody would die as she did in that town.Nothing could make Erica come back, but I know she was holding us as we fought and I know that whether or not we were able to make this change, she would be very proud of the efforts. We do what we can in the midst of our broken pieces in order to find our Child's life was honored.

So, I now think the burden of proof should be on those who place subtle demands out there -- place it back squarely on their shoulders... I would like to ask them how many people have been kept safe by someone else's tragedy and quest for justice as new laws and regulations were put into place? Think Madd,, worker's protections resulting from the tragic fire at Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, and just individuals battling their own cases, etc. So many have unknowingly been spared from harm, by those laws and consequences put into place by someone else's tragedy. It is always easy to sit on the sidelines and suggest what the soldiers in the field should have done...but it is another thing to fight the battle with your own hands and broken heart with the horrific loss of your beautiful child.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Your poetry has always seem to touch the hurting spot, Dee....thank you...

I so agree....we don't see the broken hearts behind many such laws that have been put in place to save others the tragedy..of losing a child...post-306805-0-22695600-1454278122_thumb.post-306805-0-74905800-1454278134_thumb.

• Members

some photos from a day at the cemetery when the ground was white and the sky so blue...and angels were my companions.

post-261428-0-50419200-1454282864_thumb.

post-261428-0-24074100-1454282905_thumb.

post-261428-0-73645100-1454282924_thumb.

• Members

holding us in their everloving hearts...we are all of us loved all the way to Heaven and back.

post-261428-0-27101900-1454282979_thumb.

post-261428-0-94082500-1454283003_thumb.

post-261428-0-25964400-1454283044_thumb.

post-261428-0-09852400-1454283080_thumb.

• Members

My son Logan was not the most gifted child when it came to school. We had struggled to get him to his junior year. Actually I had finally got him an individual education program this year so he would be able to take classes more suited for his future. But one of his teachers goes to church with my Mom. She sent this assignment to my mom the other day. It broke my heart because he learned at an early age what takes some people a lifetime to learn of what success was. I did not know he had written this. To me, it showed how it's not always education that makes a person smart.

• Members

My son Logan was not the most gifted child when it came to school. We had struggled to get him to his junior year. Actually I had finally got him an individual education program this year so he would be able to take classes more suited for his future. But one of his teachers goes to church with my Mom. She sent this assignment to my mom the other day. It broke my heart because he learned at an early age what takes some people a lifetime to learn of what success was. I did not know he had written this. To me, it showed how it's not always education that makes a person smart.

post-403905-0-48068400-1454290391_thumb.

• Members

Wayne, your Son knew what was important in this world. My Daughter, Erica, didn't love school either, though she excelled in friends, school smarts was not her cup of tea. She was bright in ways that schools don't count. She made and still makes a difference however, in many lives, just as your Logan does.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Oh God help me I miss my Son so much xxx

I thought I'd share this. Hugs to all. Xx

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

• Members
Mermaid Tears

All cemeteries seem to have a layer of sacred...so quiet...serene...peaceful....when I go and visit my loved ones...(John David was cremated)....it seems as if there is a special line to Heaven and I can really talk to them...thank you, Dee, those photos really convey that kind of peace.

I was thinking about all the parents that have to confront the person that was responsible for their child's death...in court....and they 'wonder' why that person does not have any regret...or remorse....

You are not dealing with a 'normal' person....that thinks like you do...or has the same moral compass or integrity....

I believe they are 100% sociopaths...they do not balance 'right and wrong' like normal people...nor do they have any remorse for they will never accept responsibility for their actions....and for their whole life...the rules and laws that normal people adhere to do not or has ever applied to them. You nor anyone will ever be able to change them. If they do go to prison....they are 'innocent' and someone or the world has it in for them. You will find it easier to thread an elephant through a needle than ever...ever find one shred of shame, guilt or remorse in them.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Duplicated, sorry!

post-297831-0-95001900-1454356425_thumb.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

To all with the added burden of seeking justice... This was where I was in my thoughts not quite one year after losing my boy...

post-297831-0-95001900-1454356425_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky.....your pain is in every word.....thank you for sharing....many parents will read that and I can only hope it will give them a shot of strength to carry on in their battle. They will certainly know they do not walk alone. Peace to you. Are you feeling any better....a little stronger....? I do pray that some healing comes to you each day.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wayne, thank you so much for sharing that treasured writing from your son, Logan. He did indeed know what the most important things were in life, that people matter...that love matters, and it is all that ever endures. Love is eternal.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Thank you Dianne for the heavenly picture...I am not sure about how strong I am...it was for me, a task I would never turn away from...Jesse would have done the same, gone the distance.

Georgina, peace be to you as I know those low points that can be reached and the depths of pain...hugs.

Becky, thanks for sharing the poetry link, and the poem you posted as well. I have made those very apologies to my son and sister myself...I have said to myself a million times...how Jesse's path could have intersected with hers that day...was just so unlikely as these are very lightly traveled roads...she was the lone bullet.

Dee, the angel pics were very soul stirring...very majestic...I could visualize that very image along with some of the poetry you posted.

Susan, thanks for sharing all the encouragement and compassion that you do.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

duplicated again, sorry.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Susan, Thanks for asking.My eye is still healing, and other than that, I am extremely tired all the time. I think it's the nerve medication I am on for the diabetic neuropathy. Hands still very weak, in particular the left from where I broke the left wrist this summer. One of these days maybe my body will be better. I try everyday to accomplish something.

Jared. ♥ U Infinity! Like grains of sand in an hour glass,

as the days trickle on, time will reveal what is true. Justice is not limited to this earth

and the blindness of men, but God, who sees and knows all, will be the judge in the end.

doves.jpg

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Good to hear Becky....keep in mind.....that your health issues did not happen overnight...and your healing will not happen overnight.....your health eroded over time loaded with your deep grief and the 'fight uphill'....like going to war without a gun...and I think that your healing will happen over time.....our grief changes....or rather I think we just learn to carry it with us...it is like my grief has gone into me by some form of osmosis....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Wayne.....I think that some are born with 'old souls'.....and I think your Logan is an 'old soul'....and Grandparents and parents are the ones...(family)....that help shape the true meaning of success....wealth....integrity....I love how very devoted and respectful Logan is of his family. I was very close to my Grandparents....but I lived in the same town...about a block away...so...I had contact with them everyday of my life. He also recognized their work ethic and knew that was a very important part of being successful.

I think some are such 'loving and free spirits'.....the structure of school is a hard fit....they know how to color outside the lines....and think out of the box....Einstein said...'imagination is more important than intelligence'.....I do believe that to be profound truth.

Thank you for sharing your SONshine boy with us.post-306805-0-18582900-1454437191_thumb.

• Members

My friends,

We have another angel, Cory Eigner, 14 died of cancer today. I know his family, they live in our neighborhood. My son, Aaron is good friends with Cory's brother, Raj.

My heart aches for what the family is..and will be...going through.

Colleen, Brian's mom forever

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Coleen how sad I'll keep them in my prayers. Colleen I miss my boy too. So much going to hear some horrible things tomorrow but I have to know they did all they could.

Dianne thank you I too don't feel brave I'm just doing what my son would of done if was anyone else fight till his dying breath for the truth.

Laurie I have been inspired by your fight for justice. It's given me a little hope but going over everything keeps us stuck in the moment and wears me down to my socks.

I've been signed off for a week now I'm on different antibiotics which are making me feel nauseous!

Becky how did you put the pictures in the video? Your voice and poems are lovely

Hugs and peace to everyone xxx

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

So very sad, Colleen. Cancer is so unforgiving. Prayers for this family.

Georgina, I am pretty sure I just used the Windows Movie Maker on my computer which allow you to pick background music and also select the pictures. I don't hardly do any of that anymore, haven't had the sight,or steadiness of hands. I miss computer work.

Thank you Susan, for your concern.I know its not going to be a fast recovery with my health issues, and am also realistic about the issues stemming from my diabetes, as some of those, like the disease itself, are not reversible. It's a matter of best case scenario.

Wayne, still thinking about you. So happy you receive that writing by your boy, that is precious. Tell us more about him when you are able.

• Members

Hi Gang, going to bed, a bit sick, so staying home tomorrow. The icky-bugs are really going around at school. So many kids and teachers are out.

Becky, as always, your poetry is filled with your palpable love and devotion to JD.thank you. I am glad that you are on the mend, slow and steady now, bit by bit to feeling a might better today than yesterday. I wish you the actual feeling of healing.

Wayne, I agree with Susan and the others...an old soul and a deep gift to be able to have that piece that Logan wrote. Sometimes we learn that those gifts left us are the pieces of gold and silver that give us our breath at times. It is and always  will be important to speak Logan's name and to remember his deep successes in this world knowing that his life will always make a difference.

I will write more tomorrow

• Members

Colleen, I am so sorry that this family you know has to face the unimaginable pain of their Sweet Son's passing. Was he ill for long? Poor Baby, now free from worry but all the ache is placed in the hearts of his family. You will be an invaluable source for them when they are ready, and your Son's friend will learn from him that grief is something to honor and face each day. Blessings.

Dianne, you and Colleen, Sandy, and Laurie and several others are in this rain-fest and cloudiness, unless you Wisconsin-folk got snow that is. We have had such gloomy skies, so much rain. I am home sick today, taking a nap after a visit here with all of you. Hang on Dianne, find something in the day that you can focus on that is good, whether it be a special dessert to have later, a nap you can afford to take, a trip to a local conservatory to be around plants...something that can lift you even a bit, even a half of a bit...tiny lifts are still lifts. The other day on my lunchtime walk, I dodged into the local small conservatory where I breathed in the most amazing scents of growing things in the rainforest room. I threw a penny in the wishing pond and visited with the turtles there adn then went in the desert room where the air was very dry and clean smelling. And then had to leave to walk to school before the bell but felt reinvigorated by the change in scenery, even if for a short time.

Peace Folks