Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Looking back over our cornfield.

post-263017-0-58495100-1452457496_thumb.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hello to all, I haven't been here for a while.....just had to get through the holidays....so glad it's over for now......Susan, I'm sorry about Cowgirl, she is with John David now....a happy reunion.....

Pam thank you for sharing your story.....I didn't decorate this year mostly because we are still in the process of moving our stuff from indiana to Wisconsin but I had felt bad about it.....

I have found a church that I love going to, it's one minute from my house....it's non denominational , a Christian church ... The music is simply amazing, the first time I walked in, I thought I was at a concert! The message is always delivered in such a thought provoking way, this is the first time in my life that I have been sad when a church service is over.. ....I used to look at my watch & tried sneaking out after communion! I've even signed up for a couple of classes....I want to belong to something & I truly want a spiritual relationship....I feel this will bring me to Michael some day.....

Today's message was about suffering....none of us choose to suffer but we can choose to accept Grace or ignore it; one makes us a better person, the other leads us to becoming a bitter person... I know this to be true ....I have been holding on to my anger and hate towards Michaels girlfriend , she let him die, she robbed him & walked away.... ...I've never been angry with God but I have hated her & I know that I have to let go in order to get Better & to be a Better person... ......it's what my precious son would want......easier said then done but I will try......

Peace & love to all.....

• Members

Francesca, good to see you tonight. I am so glad that you have found a place that serves your heart and spirit as it is. Belonging to a place that feels right is a gift. I went to a church when my kids were young that was like that for me, for us. It was also non-denominational, no rituals and all sermons and music that were topical and heart-felt and heart-written. I loved it. It was all about out-reach and that is what we do here isn't it, we reach out for help and we reach out to offer our hearts and messages, we reach inward to heal.

Lord knows that the holidays are very hard to face and get through, but you did it on top of a move!

Sherry, love the corn fields photo, the winter taking hold on your area. Glad that you too, like the Moody Blues. Don't think that they have written a song that I don't like. I wish your Girl could student teach with me as well, that would be fun. Remind her that I was her age when I did my student teaching.

Susan, old Puppy passed away...I am sorry but glad that she is at peace. She is with her Boy.

• Members

I guess I have to stay home from work for the next few days......as I was getting ready for work this morning, I ended up with a stomach bug.....since I work in elder care, our policy is that you can't return to work until 48 hrs after the last episode of vomiting/diarrhea .......I'm definitely not happy about this...my TO DO list is a mile long! I had a terrible cold that lasted almost 2 weeks & I just got over that.....I suppose moving, starting a new job, trying to survive the holidays has all taken it's toll on me....I'm usually pretty healthy considering....so I will sip my chamomile tea, eat some crackers & take a nap on this -5 degrees Wisconsin day....

Stay warm everyone...

Francesca

• Members

david bowie is dead. i felt like i had been kicked in the stomach. i could barely keep from sobbing aloud at my job as i pressed my jacket into my eyes and hid in a storage area trying to gain control. i just thought god how much can i take. a strong reaction to loss of a rock star? not for those of us that came up through the seventies with him when the status quo didn't recognize his genius. when those of us that did bonded together for a lifetime. today is joshua's birthday (my friend lynn's deceased son)  christ i'm sad. every sad thing is so much sadder now that forest is gone. my daughter called to offer condolences. my youngest son is now dating forest's old girlfriend. it is nice to have her back around the family. kinda brings forest back, like he might be in the other room

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Gretchen....when I heard about David Bowie passing this morning...my thoughts went to one of John David's friends who is quite the music historian....and a big David Bowie fan.....I think our boys are in some good company....I contacted him and he said he was 'numb'.....music is such a part of the fabric of our lives and connect us to all our parts and pasts...

I understand what you mean about Forest being in the next room....when the mood, lighting and company is just 'right'...it is like John David is 'around'....

Sherry....I remember you posting a photo in the summer of the cornfield....it is chilly here....but nothing like what my Northern sisters are experiencing....

Dianne.....I think you are right where you need to be.....bend into the grief....go ahead and wallow in it....just let yourself be what you are now....a very, very broken hearten and deeply grieving Mama. Don't think too hard about 'getting better'...or recovery....I think those that try to push themselves into 'better' find themselves with many emotional issues stemming from the fact they did not allow themselves to be on their own time line. We are here to hear you.

Francesca....I think it is very amazing....you needed to find that kind of church...and ....there it is. Just around the corner and sounds as if a perfect fit. That is what church means to me....the kindness...the generosity...the welcome...and the people in the church make it so. My Grama had her own way to describe forgiveness....'Forgive but you don't invite them to dinner'...you have a perfect reason to 'hate'....and to have anger towards that girlfriend/woman/creep.....I feel like in time you will find your way to working it all out in such a way that you can move forward with your own light....and leave her with her darkness.

• Members

Gretchen---Yes...it's true that every sad thing seems even sadder

after the loss of one's beautiful beloved child.  

Francesca---- Oh...sorry that you have been hit with that nasty

stomach bug. Seems that lots of people have been getting hit

with it,.... and the chest/head cold with cough that I have been

battling for a couple weeks now.  All thestress in your life,

like the move....the new job...holidays etc. may have lowered your

immune system a bit.  You are doing all the right things to help get

over it now. I know how frustrating it is to be sick (to say nothing

of the list of things to do piling up), but hoping that you'll be

feeling better very soon. Take care.

Dee----- I agree...never too late to get an education.  Becky used

to lament about starting college as a 'non-traditional' student,

and being older than other students etc.  I would say to her.....

"how old would you be if you didn't go"?  That would make

her stop and think.  :)   Now that she see light at the end of

the tunnel, with graduation in May.....she's glad that she just

plowed right in and began the road to getting her college degree.

I was older than traditional students when I started nurse's training.

To my surprise, then, the class was about half traditional & half

non-traditional students.......It all worked out well.

Very cold here......20 degrees, and a brisk wind.  Had to

get out to go to the bank and do errands, though.  Weather says

it's also cold there in Chicago. Stay warm.

WISHING   PEACE   AND   GOOD   HEALTH    TO  ALL   INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,    Sherry

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-42916600-1452553244_thumb.post-306805-0-35339900-1452553268_thumb.

Thank you to all the kind words for our 'Cowgirl'.....she has been going downhill for quite some time....and as par for the course...Daniel was in Oklahoma at a World Series Poker Tournament....and I was working on a make-ready....but...Friday...I knew.....one knows....when their beloved pet is suffering....her eyes have always been so bright but they were cloudy...she could no longer move her back legs at all....I called our Vet...and made arrangements for her to come to our house....my SIL and Hunter Bear dug a deep grave in my back flower bed....after all....it was her backyard, too.....and many came to my house to be with me....she was surrounded with lots of loving hands rubbing and petting her....if dogs go to heaven....she is with John David now....for the past couple of months she has been laying in front of the front door.....just like she would do when John David was coming home....I don't know how she would know....but she did...and she would be there to greet him...she had an amazing doggie life....and now....my house feels like it grew 1,000 more sq. feet without her here....my Sue Ann is like a shadow following me around.

• Members

Cowgirl knew just as Stormy the cat knew if Erica was sick, he would come in from wherever he was, just knowing that his Girl was ill, and he would lay with her for days until she was better. This from a cat who was outside about 18 hours a day.

Francesca, sounds like the norovirus-it is marching across the states like an army. Comes out of nowhere and takes you down, but happily not for long. Be kind to yourself and rest.

Sherry, yep, I had a friend that said to me when I complained about going back to school..." in ten years you will still be 10 years older with, or without a degree." That helped just as your saying it to your Daughter helped her to stay focused. And now I am in my 22 year of teaching and I am ever-grateful to have gone back to school.

As far as hearing that David Bowie the amazing genius dying...I sat down with my cup of coffee and turned to thenews this morning at 5:30...I began to say oh no...I cried hard, could not believe it. He just put out a new album, he just turned 69...made me sad but also happy to know that in his final year, knowing he was ill, he kept his illness to just inside his immediate family, he made one more album, and he released that album on his birthday, just one more gift before dying. God bless you David Bowie, you paved the way for so many whose lives were not considered 'normal' and let them know to follow your own storyline, it is far more interesting than normal.

• Members

Just Saying hello to all you guys out there ,I may not post here often but I am always remebering you and our children.

post-383376-0-26587600-1452606993_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Steve's Mom....thank you for the posting.....when I first joined this site...it was Dee who wrote...'we are so brave to live one day after our child passed'...

I now realize how true that is....

with all the sad sorrow....we can forget we are our own 'hero'....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-95759900-1452622213_thumb.post-306805-0-74953600-1452622229_thumb.

Kipling called his dog...'the woman in his life'.....John David called Cowgirl his 'girlfriend'....Randa says that is the last living connection to John David.....but if she can't be with me...am happy she is with him....

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

attachicon.gifV__7F23.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20151130_20_27_20_Pro.jpg

Thank you to all the kind words for our 'Cowgirl'.....she has been going downhill for quite some time....and as par for the course...Daniel was in Oklahoma at a World Series Poker Tournament....and I was working on a make-ready....but...Friday...I knew.....one knows....when their beloved pet is suffering....her eyes have always been so bright but they were cloudy...she could no longer move her back legs at all....I called our Vet...and made arrangements for her to come to our house....my SIL and Hunter Bear dug a deep grave in my back flower bed....after all....it was her backyard, too.....and many came to my house to be with me....she was surrounded with lots of loving hands rubbing and petting her....if dogs go to heaven....she is with John David now....for the past couple of months she has been laying in front of the front door.....just like she would do when John David was coming home....I don't know how she would know....but she did...and she would be there to greet him...she had an amazing doggie life....and now....my house feels like it grew 1,000 more sq. feet without her here....my Sue Ann is like a shadow following me around.

Oh Susan I knew to when Kizzy died. Her eyes to lost thier shine. I knew it was her time. I was so devistaed because we'd had her for nearly 15 years half of James's life but she was his dog and she missed him I was happy that they would be reunited. I'm glad you had lots of loving friends to support you xx

• Members
Mermaid Tears

thank you, Dianne.....Daniel returned home yesterday and I was expecting the worse...but he took it as good as he could...we have known for some time....that 'the time' was coming soon....so it wasn't like a surprise/shock.....Jeremy...our youngest son is the 'kitty lover' in our family....we have been blessed that all of our 'pets' have been so docile...they seem to know how to go with the flow....how are you doing today ??

• Members

Susan, so very sorry to hear that you lost your special pal. I know how hard it is to finally have to face the reality of living without a devoted companion. I can tell you that your "sweetie" had a wonderful home and was surrounded with care and devotion.

Just quickly stopping by to say "hello" to everyone... and to let you know that you are all in my thoughts each and every day. We are doing ok and taking each day as it comes with the challenges it presents. We are staying warm and toasty despite the frigid temps. Old man winter finally presented itself this past few days with a cold Arctic blast. The current temps are -22 C.

Gretchen...I agree...a very sad loss to all. What an amazing man he was.

Sending love to All,

Kate

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Thank you, Kate...I know you had to go through the very same pangs.....

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

I just wanted to share with you that my wedding band, which was lost for 3 years has recently been returned to me and after taking it to the jeweler for sizing cleaning and repairing here it is! My husband and I have been together 30 years this spring so I was sad when I lost it, but considering it was the year after losing our son it paled in comparison.

Thank you,Dee,for asking how I was feeling. Some better I think in that I haven't fallen lately, but I go next week for the cataract surgery, which I'm looking forward to having done. Its been really hard to see these last few weeks.post-297831-0-91181100-1452668806_thumb.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Just wanted to say because I forgot, that I love that song Susan, and that I'm sorry about your loss of your pup. I know that pain well.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky our Warrior Mom.....how did the ring turn up.....? So pretty !! Cataract surgery is amazing....it use to be such an ordeal...and now....it is so simple....and the results are so positive for everyone I know that has had it done. I do hope that with every week you find yourself healing a little bit more physically and emotionally. I can get myself as busy as I want....but you have so many health issues....I know the grief just sits on your heart. The good news is that Jasmine can look forward without all the court troubles and I know that is such a relief for you and your husband. I hope it helps with your healing that all that is behind you now. Thank you for the kind words for our Cowgirl.....no one with pets is immune to 'that day'....she had the best doggie life ever....and we were blessed to have been her family.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Thanks Susan. My ring was lost at a Pop Warner football game back in 2012 the year after we lost Jared. My husband and I continued as administrators for that organization for another year as there was simply no one else to step up and do the job., the person who was supposed to be on the barbecue grill for that game didn't show up for their duty, and so I took over at the grill and at the end of the day after packing my van with all the things from our sales table and doing cleanup, I noticed my ring was gone. Several people helped me to search the grounds and even 14 bags of trash which were dumped out on a tarp one at a time to no avail. Just recently after more than three years the person that took over after me was doing inventory on all of things that we would sell at our games, and found my ring at the bottom of one of the plastic totes that t-shirts were packed in. I guess my hands were slippery from cooking all day and when I went to pack up it must have slipped off.

I have been so limited these past months that I don't get out hardly at all unless I have a doctors appointment, and then my daughter usually takes me as I haven't been able to drive. Most days I haven't had the energy to get out of my own way, but once in awhile I will try to do some small things around the house. I do feel that my grief has been compounded and complicated by the continued harassment by the driver that killed Jared. I hope that is behind us but I'm afraid the damage to my health has been done. I am so far removed from the person I used to be.

• Members

Susan---- Oh,....I'm so sorry that "Cowgirl"  had to be put to sleep.  Yes,

it is most sorrowful when a beloved pet dies.  ( I had my dear cat, Brownie,

for 15 yrs. when she had to be put to sleep because of cancer). I agree...

these dear pet souls seem to somehow know........like when "Cowgirl"

would lay at the front door as though waiting for John David to come

home.  Many of us here at BI have lost our pets over the years, and it

is indeed a very sad and crushing event......no other way to put it. They

are so faithful, and if they were in the household when our dear beloved

children were still with us,....then it adds to the pain.  But, I'm sure that

they do go to heaven, and are with our angels.  Some may reject this

belief, but they can't disprove it.  Pets dear eyes do seem to

grow dimmer, and it's  like a squeezing of the heart for us.  John David

was smiling really big when his dear "Cowgirl" came running up to him

in heaven. (P.S. I just love her name).   Peace to you, friend.

Dianne---Thanks for posting the "Rainbow Bridge" for Susan, and for

all of us here at BI who have had to say a sad goodbye to our pets.

Dee----- 22 years teaching! Congrats to you!  While I had not really followed

David Bowie's music, I was sad to hear of his passing, and have been

listening to many of his songs on the radio, as the stations play them as

a tribute to the respected artist.  The reviews on his latest release are very

favorable. I will try to listen to some of the songs.

Kate--- Good to see your post.  Yes----Old Man Winter is here too.  We've

not had a lot of snow......just 3 or 4 inches total, but cold and windy.

Must bundle up when going outside.  Staying warm, finding a good book

to read, and nice cup of hot tea is the way to go, I think. :) 

WISHING  PEACE   AND  COMFORT  TO  ALL  INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry  

• Members

View from kitchen window in January.

post-263017-0-06421100-1452719206_thumb.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Everytime I see one of your pictures Sherry I think I should be able to walk next door and find you because we don't have snow but I have the farmer's field right next door to me as we're out in the country. 22 degrees here today but no sign of snow, which is fine with me I don't like winter time. post-297831-0-99967200-1452719628_thumb.

• Members

Great back yards Ladies, I love the ice hanging in perfect symmetry Sherry, and Becky, I wish that you could walk next door and find Sherry there, it would be rather wonderful to have each other as a neighbor indeed.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Dianne, I know how much this "place" has meant to me...how I sat frozen in my chair with the laptop...really hanging on to this along with reading Elisabeth Kubler Ross and grief couselor, Carol Kearns, it was the very early days. I still find myself stepping back in ways, and some days, the rawness is less.

Colleen, Sherry, Dee, and Carol Mike's mom, were here. So many others have dropped in along the way, each contributing in their own way, sharing their children -- those hopes and joys-- alongside the pain.

Susan, very sorry about the loss of John David's dog...we put down my son's cat shortly after he passed...she had gotten very ill...I thought Jesse needed her...

Francesca, how good it is that you were able to find a church so close to home. My daughter found a church close to her work place early on, they had an ongoing grief group. It has helped her so much.

Colleen and Pam, good to see your posts.

It is very cold here...staying warm by the fire.(Or trying to).

Gretchen, heard about David Bowie too. I think certain music artists can do that...I remember when Micheal Jackson passed...I don't know why, it just really hit me.

Becky...thinking of you today.

Sending out gentle thoughts for today...we just had the flu bug at our house...finally getting over it.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Laurie.....glad you are better....our Pibby had a 'feel bad' during the holidays....but no one else got it...thankfully....we are holding our breath about January and February and how an outbreak of flu can spread like wild fire through the schools...I do take my Emergencee...and Zicam....I remember you telling of putting Jesse David's kitty to sleep....

Mark Anthony does see animals when he does some readings....if so...I am thinking my Grampa would be riding his favorite horses...

Sherry and Becky...thank you for the photos....and I, too, wish you both could visit...I know how healing and warm your words and care are to us, Sherry.....and you could bring a layer of healing to our Becky....and Becky...I think that with all that trouble behind you....I do think you will find yourself in a place where you will find new strength in knowing you can go forward without all that dark baggage...

I am so grateful to all on this site....there was a time when one small word....or words that kept me from a total emotional and physical collapse...I could not find a place to steady me...except this site....where I found a circle of parents that was going though the same crippling grief. We really do survive one day at a time.

Thank you, Dianne, for posting 'The Rainbow Bridge'....

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

I thought I'd share this I miss James so much X

God Bless everyone G xx

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Beautiful, song, full of emotions that touch the soul.

Thanks for posting Georgina, I also posted it the other thread for songs and poems.

• Members

Georgina, I always love listening to that song, thank you. It certainly speaks to the missing.How is your Husband doing? Is the lawyer still digging about the case? I am praying for you All.

Laurie, I am sorry that you guys had the flu bug. My Grandies started in full day daycare, so both have had bad colds for the last week or so. Poor things, it is a lot to get adjusted to, but the older of the two likes it very much, likes the routines, the other kids and the activities, while little one is a bit young and finds it difficult to take naps there and seems a bit forlorn.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Well folks just when I thought life might be getting a bit better we had a real interesting day yesterday. My daughter drove me to my pre surgery evaluation appointment for the cataract surgery that will be next week and on the way home we were driving on our road about a mile away from my home when we see a truck driving up behind us at a high rate of speed. Looking through the rearview mirrors it looks as though it was going to just slam right into us but at the last minute it swerved and went around us. We were driving the speed limit which is 40 miles an hour at that location and this truck must have been doing about 60 or more. It scared the dickens out of both of us.

So we're driving on home and he has had to stop at a stop sign because there's oncoming traffic which allowed us to write down his tag number and then he left stop sign still on our road and was continuing to speed through our neighborhood. When we near the area where Jared was hit and killed, the truck suddenly turned to the right stopped and waited for us to go by then pulled out behind us again. He was still in a hurry, coming as close as he could without hitting us in the rear while reving his motor. I called 9-1-1 and told them what was happening because we didn't know what he might do next. We watched as he then turned around and headed back in the direction we had just come from and at this point we turned around and went home. The police called us later at home and took all the information again and said they were going to issue him a traffic citation for reckless driving. I guess I'll believe that when I see it. We also found out that this driver of the truck lives only five houses away from us. We knew then that we had seen this truck speed by our house before and remembered that my husband Jerry had complained a couple months ago that a blue truck had sped past him in almost the same area where we first saw the truck yesterday. I just don't begin to understand how someone that lives here and sees the efforts we have made to have the speed limit reduced and to do the Adopt A Highway program could be so disrespectful. I hardly slept at all last night and I'm still amped up today. What is wrong with people?

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Thank you Diane, I appreciate you being here and listening to my rant. I felt bad having to call and then going to end up getting this person a $200 ticket for reckless driving but you know I don't know this person and if I were to go up to his house and knock on the door and tried to reason with him, I'm just not sure anymore what might happen. We live in such a hateful world and it's a shame. I think if it had been the first and the only time that it happened I would feel differently but recognizing that truck was in fact the one that we had seen numerous times flying by our house and almost running my husband off the road a couple of months back, I almost feel like they do realize who we are and don't like us for whatever reason. We do have some very opinionated and racist people around this area. My husband its black but he is an educator a guidance counselor in a local elementary school right now. I am white and our children are beautiful mixed or biracial. My husband and I have worked with the youth in this town for the 22 years that we've lived here and people that know us, love and respect us, but there's always that other element. Sometimes I feel that if we didn't have so many memories in our home that I would pack up and go and go somewhere new.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Duplicated, sorry!

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

To all here on Bi post-297831-0-54227300-1452878192_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-29289800-1452878257_thumb.post-306805-0-80366400-1452878273_thumb.

Thank you for that posting, Dianne....I have a heart full of gratitude for the parents on this site....no matter where I am at on this grief journey...I know there are many walking beside me...many are ahead of me.....and I want to stay on this site to help other parents that will 'have' to join.....I want to 'pay it forward' for all the care, consideration and healing words from all the parents that reached out to me when my human boat was going down...down...down. My loved ones around me did not know how very deeply desperate I was....I was trying to hold everyone up....but I had no one to hold me up....until I found this site.

Becky....I remind myself when I have certain situations....a phrase that Joyce Meyers said years ago..'Don't let anyone steal your peace'.....you did the right thing in giving the police the information...for the safety of all that live around you.

I will say this....long ago....I think I did ask you about moving.....it is such a huge task to even consider....but....for your safety...peace of mind....and a chance to move forward with healing and maybe a more liberal area....it can be a 'choice' to consider. Maybe Jasmine would thrive more in a different area. A woman from my hometown....much older than me....lived in North Carolina all her adult life....her husband died....a few years later she returned to our hometown....and had her husband's remains moved to the cemetery in our hometown. All of us on this site just want you to have peace and heal after all the tragic situations after losing your precious J.D.

saw this on FB this morning...and wanted to share it....SONrise....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Dee.....I live about 2 hours away from our 'new little man'......they put him in Daycare...he is thriving....but how I wish I lived close so I could keep him....like I did Pibby......I do like the way 'some' Daycares are structured...very warm and caring...wish all children had the good ones...

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Hi Dee my husband is doing better thank you. As you know he suffers with chronic depression and I've been really worried how this would affect him. He doesn't eat much any more! I still try Susan's small meal idea, but we are pulling together to get through this and that helps us both.

The Solicitor is a star. He's started collecting all the evidence arranging to talk to witnesses he's already got the coroner to hand over the photos that they said we couldn't have. They should of been used at the inquest among other items that weren't ?.

We had another letter from the police giving me their findings for one part of our complaint on how we were treated and how they failed us. They said as none had written anything down nothing could be proved I'm appealing this again because the IPPC Upheld this part.

This is really tough though having to keep going over all the evidence isn't helping me and I'm quite run down. I feel I just want to give up because we keep hitting brick walls.

Becky a distracted truck driver most probably driving over the speed limit killed my son. That was so hard to read. How you must of felt I can only imagine. You had a guardian Angel that day watching over you. It's very hard to change practice and hoe people think and act I don't think speed limits will ever be changed for the better as you'll always get people like you just did who will flout those laws.

I'm glad you like the song it's one of my favourites it came out shortly after he'd died so it means a lot to me.

I hope you all get some happiness and peace this weekend. Be safe God Bless Georgina xxx

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Susan I forgot to say thank you for the screen shots you find for us.

I just love the photo with the cross xx

• Members

Laurie----sorry that you have the flu bug in your house. Take care,

and get well soon.

Becky-----thank you for your kind words. Yes, I've often thought

that it would be nice to live in the neighborhoods of all our BI

friends.  As your screen shot says....our keyboards keep us in

touch, and it means so much to be able to come on BI and share

with everyone, and get so much understanding.  I'm sorry about

the incident with the truck. It sounds like road rage harassment,

and so dangerous. I hope that the cops follow through and cite

him for his dangerous actions.  To top it off......he's a neighbor??

If he gets sited, and has to pay a fine, maybe that will rein in his

destructive behavior....I hope so.  Good luck with the cataract

surgery.  I had it a couple years ago.

Dee-----It has warmed up here a bit, and the icicles have melted

off the dinner bell.  Do you have many children absent from

school with the flu?  Seems to be taking hold now, and lots of

people down with it. I was to meet my sis for lunch today, but

had to call her and cancel.  I was all dressed & ready to go, and

just got 'queasy' etc. so thought I better stay home.  My sis

then stopped over and brought me a cute bracelet with hearts

with red in the centers.  We had a nice cup of tea, and a good

chat.

Georgina----Sending thoughts & prayers for you and your husband.

Also, praying that you will get the justice that is deserved for you

and your dear son, James. I know how draining and exhausting this

quest is for you.  Please take care of yourselves.

PEACE   AND   COMFORT   TO  ALL   INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Thank you Sherry. This is for all of us Xxx

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Georgina....happy to hear that the 'wheels of justice' seem to be turning your way....and hope your husband can keep his balance...small meals will also keep his sugar levels from dropping....and that can produce mood swings if it drops too low..

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Thank all of you who expressed concern over mine and Jasmine's wellbeing with the truck incident. It was very disturbing and I only hope that the police follow through and do what they said they were going to do.

Today the same time of day which is just before 5 o'clock Jasmine was driving home from school and in the same area of the roadway a different vehicle came flying up behind her and then follows her home despite the fact that she slows down to give them opportunity to go past her they would not. When Jasmine pulled in our driveway she went to the edge of the road where our mailbox is, and saw that vehicle go down the road and pull into that same driveway. She did not see the driver clearly enough to identify them. So I don't know if it was the same man and he's ticked because he got a ticket or if its the same man driving another one of their vehicles and just driving like he normally does, like a bat out of hell

Susan, I appreciate the suggestion and understand where its coming from but we are not in the position to move from here. We have work so hard to build this house and make it a home but I just don't think we could do it. We wanted to create a home that our kids would be comfortable in and be proud of and where they could along with their friends enjoy. We accomplish that as we had kids here in our home all the time to the point I think they felt this was their second home. So many precious memories. I don't know about these people involved with this road rage but I do know we were one of the first families to build here, so I feel like this is our neighborhood.

Georgina, I am so sorry for what you're going through and can so well relate to it. We reviewed evidence and testimony that was part of the investigation into my son's death, to the point I think I had a lot of the testimonies memorized. The autopsy report and the photos are things that will never leave my mind, but I was willing to brave all that in an effort to find justice for my boy. It was no lack of effort on our part but a lazy and uncaring justice system. I was prepared to file a civil suit against the police department for the poor job that they did, but could not find a law office that was willing to take the case. I'm still working closely with our state representatives to try to change the lack of laws regarding open containers and moreover even if no alcohol was found I feel as though the driver should have been automatically subjected to sobriety testing on the fact that she was involved in crashing her car into my son and killing him. I feel that any person causing a serious injury or death to another while driving should be subject to testing.

I'm trying to keep my cool and not get worked up about the second incident as I'm not supposed to do anything to raise the pressure in my eye, and I can tell you my pressure was more than raised yesterday and I woke up this morning with a low blood sugar, so I have to be careful.

Please forgive any improper grammar as I'm using the talk to text program and it doesn't always get it right.

• Members

Becky, you should not have to move to eliminate this problem. It is after all your family home. Just dig your heels in and ignore them. Eventually when they see they can't upset you they will  move on to something else. Make sure you do not let your health suffer from it!

Georgina, I am thinking of you and really hoping that things will soon see the light.

Sending warm wishes from a very chilly place! We have an extreme cold warning for the next day or so. The night time low is -32C with a wind chill factor of over -40. We are warm and toasty inside...and plan to stay here until it improves. A great opportunity to read some decent books.

Love to All, Kate

• Members

becky--does the trouble never end? i'm so sorry to see your family being antagonized by neighbors. i hope this will be the last incident.

so some months ago i contributed to a go fund me for a tombstone for a stillborn baby. the mother had the design but wished she could have it in color. i sent her pictures of forest's memorial and told her how i did it. she sent me this picture yesterday and told me she helped a coworker get color on her child's monument also. THE LOVE GOES ON

post-298275-0-39287700-1452997941_thumb.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Gretchen. The marker for the baby is so beautiful! Good to see you here, and Kate as well, thank you for your caring. I posted this pic on my FB page, and hardly anyone liked it or commented, guess they didn't realize I was describing myself.

post-297831-0-11201400-1452999963_thumb.

Edited by Angel Boy of Mine

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Gretchen...I have posted before...'it doesn't matter if your child died in the womb, lived 2 hours - 2 days...10 years...50 years...they are still your child'....what a caring gesture to donate to that Mama....I understand in a total different way now about grief...it is as if layer of understanding has been layered on my heart....I see with different eyes now...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky....I so understand.....we live in a small Texas town called Brenham....it is what you could label as conservative...in fact, most of Texas is.....but....we have many bi-racial couples with children that live in our community...and we wrap our community arms around them.....some are coaches...on the Police force....Sheriff Deputy....own their own businesses...work at City Hall.....I think what Kate said is your best avenue....rise above and ignore....but I do know the caution in your heart for the safety issues on the road and reckless speeding.

Stress does compound blood pressure issues...and will only conflict with your healing. Try to do something creative...I still think you should write a children's book about the ducks....I love that. You and your husband have touched so many lives...so I know you know how to speak to the young hearts...maybe you could make some theme that your J.D. sent the ducks there so they could have a good home til they could fly away. Like you did for your J.D. I know your boy had a quintessential boy-life....you and your husband left no stone unturned in his life.