Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
Mermaid Tears

better yet....I have another excuse for 'cocooning'....

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hello to all my INDIGO friends. For all who are having severe weather......stay warm....be careful. We are also getting snow & drifting...No Fun if one must drive in it. Dee----I love your poems. TBear-----I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear son. Please keep coming to BI. Betsy-----Thanks for your kind words, and for the tip about using colors on BI when running the Windows 8 OS. Colors were my favs for posting. Lots of things I dislike (hate) about Windows 8, but I guess I'm stuck with it now. Wade-----Am sorry to learn of your loss of your step-sister. So much for you to bear now. Sending prayers. Laurie----Hope your weather will get a bit better soon. My niece lives in Milwaukee, and my sis lives in Minnesota, so I guess I should not complain. BRRrrrrr :unsure: WISHING PEACE AND TRANQUILITY TO ALL IN THE INDIGO FAMILY. Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

Colleen,

I agree sometimes our children do want us to laugh ,I'll tell you a little story that is happy for a change.

One day I was going thru Steve's stuff mostly books in his room I wanted to give to other students who could use them.there was a whole bunch way under a large computer desk ,I had Lyme dz and at that time ,my joints were really bad and I couldn't bend well ect.i eventually started crying hysterically as I sometimes do for no reason just because I was going thru his things.i was reaching under the desk crying and I fell off the chair way under the desk and couldn't get up.as I lay there crying I looked up and under the desk was something that Steve had written on the desk I don't know when...but it said something like if your reading this now I must be wondering what the heck are you doing under my desk...he had a warped sence of humor and this is just the kind of thing he would say ...I stopped crying and started laughing so hard my husband came up to see what was going on he must have thought I was insane.i eventually got up out from under the desk but I do believe that happened for a reason and maybe just for a short time my son wanted to make me laugh again insted of cry.

• Members

Susan, my sister Christal,

my big sister died in 2003.I butted into her marriage once, asking bil about her med's and Dr with $$ in his eyes. Drugs didn't kill but probably didn't help.a nurse passed along e-coli. That killed her.

Yes, layers.and maybe a boy like my son with shovel in hand tomorrow. Hard work but good money .

• Members

I am laughing at your story MaryAnne, I am quite sure your Boy wanted you to laugh and knew just how to do so. How lovely of him, and what a grin he must have had when you laughed. Thanks for sharing that. How is the Lymes now? Did you catch it early?

• Members

Finally the lymes is better it was horrible for about a year ,I get some minor joint problems now occasionally .but not so bad now

• Members

Maryanne, that is funny. :-)

8-10 inches called for at 0F.snow is ok, 0 isn't. Made stew just in case we the power goes out.I will heat it on the gas grill!

• Members

Just discovered your forum today.

My 38 year old special needs son, Jamie, died suddenly during a seizure on July 18, 2013.

He was my only child... I was a single mom since he was a baby.

Losing him is like losing a part... the best part... of myself.

A friend who also lost a special needs son, said it like this... you think you were the one

taking care of him... but when he's gone... you realize how much he took care of you.

• Members

Lora----Sending up prayers for your dear brother's recovery. Jamiesmom----I'm sorry for your loss of your dear son, Jamie. You have found a good and active site to come and read/post when you feel you can. Please come back. Everyone here knows, firsthand, the sorrow of losing a child, and we understand. Peace & comfort to you. Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

i just found out my oldest brother was in an car accident. He is at the local hospital and is being life flighted. Please pray for him.

Lord, we just pray for Lora's brother during this time. We pray that you would give the doctor's Your Divine wisdom and any medical staff that may be assisting him. We pray for comfort and safety for the rest of the family members as they travel to the hospital...may You be there in a very real way for them at this moment...

In Jesus Name,

Amen

• Members

Lora, sending love and prayers your way tonight. Please keep us updated as to how he is doing. Laurie, I hope that you are feeling a bit better this evening. JamiesMom, welcome. I am sorry for the loss of your son, but know that you have found a great group of people to help you in your journey. I enjoyed seeing your photos. Jamie looks like he was having a great time in San Antonio. I agree that our children in the end often became the teachers. We had so much to learn from them. MaryAnne, that is hilarious! I just loved your story. Sherry, I am so frustrated with this colour and paragraph stuff. It is so good to see you back. Wade...I just have to say this and hope you will not take it the wrong way. But I am hoping you saw the outdoor NHL hockey game yesterday in Detroit. You know the one that the "LEAFS" won? Yes, that is... and I repeat again, ahem... the "Leafs"! SWEET!

Dee sounds like you enjoyed your walk in all that snow. I hear there is another major weather system heading your way. We are going to have a break for one day tomorrow with... get this...rising temps for one day only. Then the usual BIG CHILL. I look like the kid in Christmas Story that has his mom dress him up in so many layers. So if I am absent tomorrow it is because I sank into the snow and am waiting for rescue.

Hold on Lora, we are here for you. Thanks for your prayers Laurie. Kate

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Met today with the private reconstruction guy, and he not only confirmed what we have always thought about how the crash happened, but worse, pointed out how he believed the driver saw him before hitting him and had time to take evasive action, but did not. So angry that this info was not prepared in time for police to consider, or that they didn't come to this conclusion. So disturbing.

Still hobbling around with the use of a cane, waiting for mri resssults. Appoinment on the 10th.

Lora, keeping you and your brother in my prayers. Beautiful prayer, Laurie.

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Lora, I'm sending prayers your brother.

Jaime's Mom, I'm sorry for the loss of your Son. You have found a good place. Please keep coming and share more about your precious Boy.

I went to my follow up appointment today. I am making steps. The nurse's aide came into the room and asked if she could talk with me before the doctor came in. She shared that she had lost a teenage Son 4 years ago in an accident. Last year she lost her oldest Son just a little over 3 years from the loss of her middle Son. She gave me her number and told me to call or text her anytime. I'm very grateful she reached out to me.

I've been resting, reading, and just being right now. Thank you to all for your words of understanding and hope. Laurie, a new soft blanket might be in my future. It sounds nice with a book and a cup of tea.

When we stopped by our shop to pick up our pay checks today an employee came out to talk with me. He's very close to my husband and so knew I'm struggling. He's a really nice man. He runs a mission for the homeless. He asked if he could pray with me and handed me a bible with my name on it. He and his wife are coming for dinner on Saturday. Very sweet people.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

By the late Rich Mullins, nice images in video

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Oh Lora....our prayers...thoughts and hearts are with you and yours....May His Arms of Mercy, Grace, Healing and Love be felt by each of you...for His Arms are around you.

Jamie's Mom....I came to that thought a long time ago....

we the parents are here to raise and teach our children....then we find out....our children raised and taught us....so sorry for your loss....and all here know how your shattered heart hurts...and the depth of your sorrow....please let us know more about your boy...and let us know how you are doing.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

MaryAnne...thank you for sharing your story....we do need to remember 'the laugh' and good times our children gave us...and still want us to have...that is a good one....

• Members

Oh Lora, prayers and hope for your Brother. Dear Lord and Cara and all of our Angels, please gather and send healing to this man as he fights for his life. Please also surround his family as they find their way to the hospital, be with them and let them feel your presence.

Lora,we are all holding your hand and your heart.

Jamie's Mom, I am so sorry that you lost your Sweet Son. It is so, that we find that our Babies were the keepers of so much knowledge, it is in them that we learned our biggest lessons. Bless you as you find your steps, we are here, pretty much night and day, so come and post and read and if nobody answers your post for a while it means that they might be sleeping, but as you probably have found, many times we wake up for several hours per night, just trying to figure out this new life. I am an oldie on this site, have been here 10 years now, Erica died in the summer of 2003. Sherry and I have both been here for 10 years. So many brand new like yourself, many a few years out, while still others many years out. You will come to know us all but it takes time so don't let our names worry you, just post and we will respond.

• Members
mybeautifulgirl

Hello Jaimie's Mum,

I completely identify with you and how you must be feeling regarding the loss of your son.

I lost my special needs daughter on 2nd July.

Meagan had a transplant in 93 but was only partially successful so her health had been on a downward spiral since then. She was in pain a lot and the last 24 hours were horrific. We were so close, she depended on me for everything and she hated when we were able to get respite and go away. My life, probably like yours was centered around her. She defined who I was. Tell me do you feel like this? I often think that others do not understand the bond between a child with special needs and her mum/ carer.

Meagan mentally was a child even though she was 25 yrs. this makes it so hard. I miss her terribly ! My life is so empty and sad!

I hope you will return here and tell us more of your son. They were special!

Jan

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Many on this site...that have lost that 'child' have other 'hard paths' that seem to travel on other roads on their journey....the sister...the parent...the brother...cousin...friends...

some days I keep a 'steady prayer' running like background music....

I pray for myself...family and friends....for their health and well being...

then I pray for those going through 'the shadows' for strength and faith...

and since I have been on this site...I have learned to pray for people who I only know their names...their stories...I don't have a face..I have never met them in person....

it has opened up another level for me in a way I can't quite understand now...it is foggy..

but we are all connected....

the connection here is our common ground of losing that child...

but more...the connection of charity...fellowship...and caring of one human to another...

we rejoice when one has a breakthrough...

we circle the wagons when one has a breakdown...

I have been led....have learned another understanding in my grief journey..

each of you have been my teachers.

• Members

Jan, I thought of you as soon as I read Jamie's Mom's post. Your losses so close on the calendar. You will undoubtedly find huge similarities in your ache and pain, and I am so glad that you were brought here to join this loving group. Remember to take good care of yourselves, 6 months is early on this road but a huge benchmark to reach at the same time. Time is so abstract when we lose a Child, 6 months can feel like 6 years and 6 days all in one.

Lora, are you okay? Thinking of you in this latest worry.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Lora...all of us are thinking of you and yours...

Wade...and we are thinking of you and yours also...

so many 'friends' on this site have another 'layer of sadness'...

Debbie....how are you doing..hope you are getting some 'comfort' time...

Dee...what kinds of boots/shoes do you wear when you walk ?

• Members

Susan, I wear Timberland, tall boots, side zip, lace up the front totally waterproof and my feet stay warm and dry. Amazingly good boots.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Many on this site...that have lost that 'child' have other 'hard paths' that seem to travel on other roads on their journey....the sister...the parent...the brother...cousin...friends...

some days I keep a 'steady prayer' running like background music....

I pray for myself...family and friends....for their health and well being...

then I pray for those going through 'the shadows' for strength and faith...

and since I have been on this site...I have learned to pray for people who I only know their names...their stories...I don't have a face..I have never met them in person....

it has opened up another level for me in a way I can't quite understand now...it is foggy..

but we are all connected....

the connection here is our common ground of losing that child...

but more...the connection of charity...fellowship...and caring of one human to another...

we rejoice when one has a breakthrough...

we circle the wagons when one has a breakdown...

I have been led....have learned another understanding in my grief journey..

each of you have been my teachers.

This is so well said, thank you Susan...

Lora and Wade, thinking of you...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Becky, such hard news to take...I know how that would strike at your heart....I am so sorry...prayers for your injury...

Jamies Mom, please share more about your child, this has been a good, healing "place" for me...

Sherry good to see your post...what kind of new device did you get? Is it a tablet?

Mary Anne, thank you for sharing your story about Steve, those unexpected moments we "hear" from our child are treasured...

Shannon, you are in my thoughts....sending you HUGS and hoping you have time to just rest....

• Members

Many thanks for all your kind responses.

Jamie was my only child. I was a single mom since he was a baby.

My son was autistic and had gal-mal seizures for over 20 years.

Mentally he was like a child and depended upon me 24/7.

Although he was autistic, he was loving and sweet.

Jan... I feel as you do. My son was my main focus. Everything I did...

all my future plans... revolved around him. He defined who I was.

Then one fateful morning... while he was still lying in bed...

he had a seizure. It was no different from hundreds before.

I was thankful he was in bed and didn't fall and hurt himself.

I was right there... waiting for the seizure to end. But this

time was different... this time he never woke up.

Now... I am without a compass... without direction.

I lived 38 years in a very unique kind of life... and in an instant

that life was over. I don't have the inclination to start over this

late in life. So what do I do now ?? So far, I've only been existing.

• Members

Here is an example of how my life revolved around my special needs son.

I moved to the house I live in now because it was close to his special needs daycare

so I could work full time to support us... and also because the neighborhood was nice

for walking [we loved to walk together.]

Over the decades, I saved my money and planned to retire early. Then six years ago I did that.

For those six years before he died, it was Jamie and I together constantly 24/7. I am so glad

we had that special time together... we took many road trips... one special trip to San Antonio

[photos of Jamie in San Antonio are at links below.]

• Members

Becky, I know that this report must feel like a double-edged sword...I am sorry.

• Members

Lora, keeping you and your brother in our thoughts and prayers today. Jan, I was just wondering if you are affected by the fires that we are seeing on the weather network? MaryAnne, you must feel lost without your son after so many years of caring for him. A very special bond was formed and I'm sure it must seem so empty without him. What were some of the things you enjoyed doing together? Do you have other family for support? Shannon, thinking of you today and hoping you are finding some peace with your family surrounding you. Dee, I trust the snow has stopped. We woke up to another snowfall during the night. BLAH. It is actually quite mild today... but they are calling for falling temps again tonight. Honestly, I could scream. I've had several calls from many neighbors that are all leaving for southern warm spots for the cold spell. Looks like I have some house sitting to do again. Susan, oh boy...you would have a fit if you lived up here. It takes getting used too. Right now we are having another significant snowfall and they have just issued a storm warning. Oh goody, just what I was looking forward too. I do agree wit your last several posts. How we are joined by compassion, etc. And yes, our kids do teach us so much. I never realized how much until after Jeff had died. It does make you slow down and your priorities do change in a big way. Well, off to go for that walk before we have too much snow to get through. Becky...good luck with the MRI and take it easy with your foot.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky...our Warrior Mom....so many on this site will relate with your news....then many will be struck by the sound of hearing another chink of your heart breaking...

and we will be just like you...'where' do we put another sorrow...in our already packed box of mourning...?

For now...please 'rest'....I am not a therapist...but I do believe Mother Nature had something to do with your ankle and 'other problems'....for your physical body just cannot keep going on with the heartache and burdens and grief....

Something has to give....

and it was your ankle....to slow you down....and you have been building signs that would make Exxon proud...and research...and taking care of parents...family...home...

...enough....

time for you...let 'the healing hands of time' touch you and your heart...I think with rest...your body will regain it's strength. We know you are a very strong and viable person...but everyone has their limits. Take care and let your family care for you for awhile.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Right now we are having another significant snowfall and they have just issued a storm warning. Oh goody, just what I was looking forward too.

I do agree wit your last several posts. How we are joined by compassion, etc. And yes, our kids do teach us so much. I never realized how much until after Jeff had died. It does make you slow down and your priorities do change in a big way. Well, off to go for that walk before we have too much snow to get through.

Wishing you a nice walk, thought of you with this pic...For Kate,

post-312988-0-63749700-1388782125_thumb.

penguins in sweaters

Saw this in another member's post here on Beyond Indigo, thought it was good...

• Members

Kate,

Steve and I used to do a lot together his father often said I was his best friend.on weekends he helped me with various animal rescue things we did,he liked to go to flea markets and yard sales that was very much like my father his grandfather who he is named after.he collected way too much junk ...that were treasures to him.he also liked to take me out to breakfast often too early in the morning and I was not to happy about him waking me up too early .now I would give anything to have him do that.his other hobbies of his own were fixing up old cars ,his dad is still finishing the last one he was working on,he liked car shows and races.he used to like photography and won some awards and published photos while he was in high school and just started taking a photography elective there ,he actually was quite talented and even was accepted into a well know photography college in California we visited along with all the others .in the end he chose to major in psychology and go to college close to home insted.

He was very close to family and never really wanted to be far away I saw him pretty much every day no matter what ,and he helped take care of his grandmom during the day when I was at work.he was a wonderful loving son.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

He was very close to family and never really wanted to be far away I saw him pretty much every day no matter what ,and he helped take care of his grandmom during the day when I was at work.he was a wonderful loving son.

Your Steve sounds like a beautiful person...I really enjoyed the story about his desk...

I am attaching a photo of a writing by Jesse I found on one of our shed's walls...he probably did this when he was 10...

post-312988-0-63057100-1388789989_thumb.

• Members

Laurie, that picture is so cute. I feel like the little guy in the green sweater. Waddle, Waddle! I did indeed have my walk, but did not get very far. We are now having a full blown winter storm. I guess we have had approximately a foot of snow so far. MaryAnne, Jessie David also loved to tinker with cars as Laurie will so willingly tell you. Apparently he was a real fanatic. Make sure Laurie shows you the pic of Jesse hugging a cactus tree. Our two boys were like two peas in a pod. Steve sounds like he was a great young man. Very close to family. That says a lot about a person by how they treat their family. Jeff was the same. Very considerate and thoughtful. He also had a crazy sense of humour. He was always playing jokes on people and he frequently got away with it. Laurie, just noticed the cute pic that Jesse wrote on the shed wall. It is lovely to have those memories. When we decided to move to our summer home I found a stop sign that had been hidden behind our freezer in the basement. When I asked the boys about it they told me that it fell off of a sign when they drove by. They were about seventeen at the time that it happened... and it stayed there undetected for a very long time. Still makes me smile. Boys will be boys.

• Members

Lora,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I haven't been keeping up with everything this week. I will keep you ask I'm my prayers.

Debbie

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

I wrote a whole post on my phone (no easy task for me) but lost it. :(

Laurie, I love "Jesse's Junk Store". We hold close all those precious reminders of their growing up years.

Kate, It's freezing here too. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

Susan, Thank you so much for what you wrote to me after I shared about being on the hospital. You and Dee were the first to respond, I think and reading what the two of you had written really helped to ease my anxiety.

Dee, Thank you. Your walks always sound so lovely. We have a lot of snow here too and more expected on Sunday. I can't get out right now because I've ended up with bronchitis. It makes me think of what both you and Susan have talked about... That our bodies and minds know when we need to rest and will make sure that happens in whatever way necessary.

Lora, I continue to send prayers. I can't imagine the feelings this brought up for you.

Becky, I'm sending healing prayers your way too.

Wade, how are you? I've been holding you and your family close in my thoughts.

To everyone new here, keep coming you have found a good place.

I wish I hadn't lost my last post. It was much better than this one but now my eyes hurt from staring at this phone. Holding you all close in thought.

I saw this tonight and it touched me so I thought I would share.

post-328114-0-17584200-1388797260_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Lora....thanks for sharing....am sure many like me have been waiting to hear from you....

geez....why don't people slow down ?

Prayers were answered in that your brother is going to live....

the injuries do sound very bad....and will pray that he....with time and healing....will once again be restored. It does sound like a lot of time for that.

I am so happy...beyond happy....that you...your parents...his family....do not have to face another grief. You are probably drained...and yes....of course...it takes you back to Cara's accident....in full color....

So...I hope you can take some time to take some deep breaths....rest yourself....and regain control again. We know....it is easier said than done. Let us hear from you.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Kate...for this South Texas gal....I would bring a new meaning to 'cocooning' if I lived in your part of the world.....I would have to buy enough groceries to last me 6 months or so....

and that is not said with a 'joke'....

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Shannon....just 'keep on with the keep on' of rest..rest...rest....

Love what the boys wrote....love that the messages can still be read today...

what a treasure...

Really liked the talk about empathy.....

for really....that is the true connection

• Members

Thank you for that poem Shannon

Although it made me cry

• Members

Shannon, thank you for your poem. And "yes" that is what our sweeties are saying. Please try to remember what Jeff said: "I'm OK Mom". They are still very much alive and waiting for us. Please be gentle with yourself and focus on your boys and husband and just taking one day at a time. Just take a long deep breath and let it out. Live each day as it comes and embrace your family and their love. Enjoy your dinner tomorrow night. Lora, thanks for your update. I can't begin to imagine the strain. We are keeping you close and sending up prayers. Susan, my dear...we shall have to break you in! Oh, you will learn the art of survival with a few weeks under my wing. And I bet you would come to love it. Surreal....I heard today that they are going to build bridges along the highways in Alaska for moose. Are they a problem in your area? I have heard how much damage they can cause in accidents. Well, it appears as if the snow has stopped. Very light and fluffy. Perfect for snow angels. As for me...a warm fire and soft music... and a chilled glass of white wine. Just waiting for my movie. Have a decent night everyone. Love, Kate

• Members

My daughter, Michelle just got a pair of "Tims"

Grey

Sending love to all on here.

We are going to a 6 year old,s funeral tomorrow. He was born with challenges. So sad for the family. Please send them some Indigo prayers.

Colleen, Brian's Mom 4 ever

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Shannon, sent your poem to my cousin on FB who also had her son die in 2012 (March)...I could tell it really spoke to her heart as she instantly texted me back...so thanks...

Lora, we are relieved to hear about your brother....sending prayers for his recovery...

Susan, I think I could picture you in that deep Canadian snow...I am sure Kate would be a great teacher on surviving the wilds up there...

Colleen, sorry to hear about the young child's funeral...so hard to hear of another child's death. It is good you can go in support...

Wishing everyone a peaceful night....

• Members
mybeautifulgirl

Hello again Jaimie, I can emphasise with you. What do you do with your time now? (Don't answer if you think I'm too intrusive) I am so lost also. Life has no meaning. You were fortunate you both enjoyed each other's company and able to do all those fun trips. Although Meagan knew I loved her she was ill for a lot of the time. There were happy memories but the awful ones seem to appear more often of her ill etc. in fact she had a very full life in between illness .

To answer the question re fires here - we are not near any fires , we are near Melbourne and it is quite cool presently , not like summer at all. The fires seem to be in Queensland where it has been very hot.

Thinking of all of you - keep warm ! Plenty of snow everywhere (as T.V news broadcasts show)

My beautiful girl Oh how I miss you!post-382679-0-99328300-1388836023_thumb.

• Members

Lora, thank Heavens that your Brother is going to be okay. Thanks for letting us know. It must have rattled you for sure. That anxiety is a blink away I know. Prayers then, for a full recovery and goodness for your family.

Shannon, the poem you posted is lovely, it is what I envision, that our Angels come to us and strengthen us for our journey, though we often don't know. I'd say that everytime you had a sense of Trista, she was sitting nearby. Rest Sweetie.

Susan, stay put, the winds are howling, and while today we will have a respite with 30 degrees, tonight down down down, tomorrow way down, and Monday the high will be -11. YIKES!

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Today....they are having a 'Celebration of Life' for my friend, Suzie....the one I wrote about when she died at the first of December.....

it was her wish that nothing would be done til after the New Year....you see, she had these adorable grandbabies...that have 'Santa, Reindeer, Sparkles' in their eyes...and she didn't want anything to be a dark cloud on that....

she wanted to be cremated...no 'funeral'....

we were wondering if the family would go with her wishes...for they are pretty straight laced...she was the 'live wire' in the family.....and they are....

I am taking the 'one and only' cake I know to make from scratch....when she could still eat...I would supply her with it and my Essie's recipe for 'Chicken-n-Cabbage' soup....(she would say it could heal a broken heart).....I am not taking the soup....but a 5 layer dip which was her favorite, too.....

we...her friends....are holding together to say our 'good-by' ....every good quality was rolled up in her soul....

I remember when she finally had those grandbabies....I would go to the shop and she would be sewing some intricate outfit...and a grandbaby in her lap....

I will be 'ok' with this...for she was by my side when John David passed....they are probably talking about me 'up there'...we shared a lot of those 'secrets'....that only women can share...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Jan, what a lovely picture of your daughter. Thank you for sharing it. This is one "place" where we can freely share about our child as much as we need to. Often it seems like in the "real world" we find ourselves limited in talking about our child but here we can share freely and everyone gets it.

Susan, sending thoughts and prayers for you as you attend Suzie's funeral. It is indeed a blessing to have such a person in your life that sticks with you through the hard times and good times.

Lora, just wanted you to know that several times last night I woke up and prayed for your brother. Do you mind sharing his name when you can?

• Members

Jan, thank you for sharing the picture of your sweetie. What a lovely smile. Susan, I will be with you today in thought as you join to celebrate the life of your very dear friend. I do agree that she is most likely having a heart to heart about you! Lora, I am very pleased to hear the news about your brother. I imagine that he does have a long road to recovery... but he is with all of you still. Prayers were answered. The snow finally stopped and the sun is out shining brilliantly on the snow. And as promised the temps took another nose dive. I had to make an appt. for our best friend and constant companion to be seen by our Vet this Wednesday. She is now showing signs of failing health. Poor old gal. What a trooper she is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will give us the green light. In my heart I realize that she can't last forever but it will be heart wrenching to have to let her go. I've had words with Jeff to be there for her when the time comes. Thinking of everyone today. Kate