Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

unexpected loss of my mom

TaraJ83

• Members

I'm new to this. The worst thing I ever thought could happen to me happened last Thursday, February 28th. My mom passed away unexpectedly. She had dental surgery, they pulled some teeth and put a couple temporary teeth. They sedated her. When she came home she was shaking so bad. Like she had Parkinson's disease. She was still real loopy that night. The next morning I got up before everyone else and around 7am I thought I should wake her. So I checked on her and she was still breathing, so I decided to let her sleep. Well around 8am I heard my dad freaking out. My little sister goes in their room and I hear MOM IS DEAD! Long story short I feel so lost. I feel my whole world is gone. She was the glue that held this family together. I would love advice from anyone that maybe went through something similar. Or just advice from anyone. Thank you all. :(

• Members

I cant say I went through the same thing but I just lost my mom on the 20th of feb due to cancer and tho I knew she was sick she left soOo suddenly that I feel the same way...LOST...I am still trying to figure out how to deal with this but wanted t share soomething that has helped me to say the things I felt I didnt get a chance to say to my mom. I started a journal online and wrote to her. I was theraputic for me...My thoughts are with u and ur family...take care

• Members

Thank you. I'm gonna start journaling too:-) I wrote my brother letters after he died, and that did help. Thank you for your advice:-)

• Members

also lost my mom on the 2nd of feb.Also feeling lost and confused,hurt and angry! She died of heart and breathing problems,she had been sick but didnt think she would go this soon.thought she would be on oxygen the rest of her life but never died before that chance :-(

gosh i know what your going through thoughts are with you

• Members
BreathofAngel

Dearest (((((((Tara))))))),

Please accept my deepest condolences on the physical passing of your dear Mother. I know few words can ameliorate the pain of your loss at this time but I want for you to know that we are here for you and with you. Please feel free to post whatever you feel like sharing. Please know that we Love you and are with you at this time. May God bless you and give you strength during these trying times and after.

http://www.losingyourparents.org/

• Members

Hi Tara

What a shocking experience for you and your family. You have been hit by a double shock. Anyone reading those circumstances would feel that it is a shocking thing to happen but not only that it is your Mum. I am so sorry for your loss Tara. I can understand how alone you feel Tara and like you say Mum,s do tend to be the glue of the family. Right now everything is raw for you and will be for a some time. Just take one day at a time and try to be good to yourself. Sending you hugs.

• Members

I lost my mom suddenly, years ago. She was fine and then she just collapsed. I hate that she died suddenly like that. She had congestive heart failure caused by a medication.

My dad's death, on February 4, was similar to what you describe. Except he had probably the flu and complications of it. It was me and him living at the house, and I was nearby, fortunately, or I would have just found him dead later, I needed to know when something was wrong, and I happened to be nearby to catch it, I was alerted by a sound he made. During his sickness he slept most of the time. When he died he was on his bed appearing to be sleeping and then made a breathing sound that alerted me. He then did several of these, about ten seconds apart, and each one made his body jump. He seemed not to breathe in-between and after the last one. During that I tried calling to him. Then, after the breathing sounds stopped, I did a lot of hard nudging. He was unresponsive, and his eyes were open. I had paramedics try to save him, in his bedroom where he was, but on the floor. I'm glad at least my dad's death wasn't sudden, was probably from a sickness that lasted two weeks.

When my dad died, I lost my remaining parent. My dad and I had been so close.

• Members

Thank you everyone. It's funny, my mom's name was Denise. It's signs like that, that makes me feel a little better. Knowing my mom is sending me signs like that. It's amazing! Thank you all!!

• Members

Thank you everyone. It's funny, my mom's name was Denise. It's signs like that, that makes me feel a little better. Knowing my mom is sending me signs like that. It's amazing! Thank you all!!

That's interesting.

Archived