Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing her to a stroke

CajunQueenMichelle

• Members
CajunQueenMichelle

Hello

I am posting this in concern for my boyfriend. He has had a rough past couple of months and he is hurting badly. A few months ago, he lost his 8 year old cousin to somone hitting him with a car and now his grandmother of 83 is dying from a sudden stroke that happened earlier this week. She was in great health until this and they said her health is declining so I am assuming she won't be with us too much longer. His grandmother is on his mothers side which is dealing with even more than just her upcoming death. His step father basically hinted at us that they may possibly homeless soon because of her unemployment. She was laid off months ago and still has yet to find a job. His step father can't get a job because of seizures as well. She also lives 6 hours away from where we live (which is where all of her family is located as well).

His family means just as much as my family means to me. I know all I can do is be there for him, comfort him when he needs it, and not to bother him unless he asks for comfort. I just feel so bad for his family and him. He has had a rough life which I am still learning a lot about. Weve only been dating for around a year now but I have known him for about 6 to 7 years now. I'm 23 and he is 25. We are college students.

My main thing is if there is anything ELSE I can do to help him out. He already deals with anxiety problems and this kind of stuff is going to be hurting him even more. I just wish I had a magic wand to make him feel better, move his mother back up here, and could employ his mother. There is literally SOOO much going on in his life that I haven't even posted everything. He's been very blessed all of his life with money (his father is extremely wealthy) but his parents divorced when he was 4, has had his fair share of abuse (seeing it and having it happen to him), and several other problems. He is such a fantastic man who has gone through so much and deserves the best and I want to do whatever I can to support him in such terrible times. He loves his grandmother so much and was very close with her. Shed some light with helpful advice and share your stories of encoruragement if you have any. Thank you

Also sorry for any grammatical errors, I don't feel like re-reading this and editing simple mistakes.

Archived