Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing David

lost and numb

• Members

I'm sorry you have to go through this too, the same month as my daughter. I will never be whole again. I pray that the

father carry us through the real hard days when we just can't seem to do for ourselves.

• Members
lost and numb

I am so sorry about your daughter. dsmurph.

I am sorry we all have to go through this. I am still just going through the motions. 4 months in, and I can't stop crying.

The well wishers are all gone now. Everyone has gone on with their own lives. Here I sit all alone, crying and lost. I think I am going insane.

• Members

I have 1 good friend but she lives in another state. 1 family gets me out here and there. But I don't talk about it with them. I can tell they are not real comfortable. Do you have a hospice in your area? They offer a free support group. It is hard for me to go. But I make myself. I usually feel alittle better after. I suggest reading about our life after this life. This will probably help you some. Anything just to help yourself. I went through a a time a couple of times where I got real angry at those people. But you know, do I really want them around if they don't care to be? It's hard, I know. I hope you can find things to do just to give you some sense of clarity. We all understand your pain. Blessings

• Moderators

Sorry to both of you. LN you're nowhere near crazy, trust me; frankly you sound quite right on track. It varies for everyone of course, but I'm quite confident few have done much if any real "regrouping" just 4 months in. Hang in there.

• Members
lost and numb

Thank-you W2 for your kind words. It is always good to hear from you.

I am having a hard time of it. Today is especially hard. It was always special.

I know it must be for all of us.

• Members
lost and numb

dsmurph,

Thank-you for the advice. I will think about it. I am really not ready to be around people.

My sons have been great, but as time goes by, life is catching up to them and they can't be around as much as they want to be.

I try to take it one hour at a time.

• Members

Dear LN,

Try to go easy on yourself, the feelings you describe sound more normal than not. I'm coming on 6 months now and have also felt that I'm on my own now and that others have gone on with their own lives, family included. Take care of yourself eat well, drink lots of water ( to replace all we lose from the tears ) and try to get outside if only to sit in the sunshine for a few minutes, it really does help sometimes. Most of all be easy on yourself, there's no rulebook that I know of for this journey we've been forced to take. It sucks big time especially on days like today. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Marti

• Members
lost and numb

Thank-you Marti. I will try . I know I need to., but there is just no motlvation.

God Bless

Archived