Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just something that made me feel better....

Silvergirl61

• Members

I've been spending quite a bit of time with my 'baby" sister, since all this started. (She met the ambulance in Omaha, when Dennis was taken there, and stayed right beside me, all the way through) and she's been so good to me! I have been trying to find a way to do something special for her- and her birthday is coming up in a couple days. She had her heart set on a puppy that she saw, and we went last weekend to see about getting it, just to watch it leaving with a couple! (The place will allow payments, but it will only add to an account, they won't hold a specific puppy for you.) Needless to say, she was very sad, since this particular kind of puppy is hard to find- the place hasn't had any for two years, and that was the last one. I came home, feeling blue, and found an e-mail from a place about a litter of the type of puppy I had been thinking about, if I move where I can have one. They also had some of the puppies my sister wanted!

I won't be getting a puppy right now, but my sister will be picking up one from that litter of puppies, in a couple weeks, when it's old enough to leave mom. She is so cute! Guess I can play with my sister's puppy when I go to visit. Her name is Gypsy...my favorite Fleetwood Mac song.

Sometimes, making someone else happy makes you feel a lot better, too.

• Members

It always makes me feel better to make someone else happy. That was a nice thing to do for your sister. If you get a sense of happiness in doing for others and making them smile, then I encourage you to continue doing so in any way that you can. I truly believe that is why we are here.

• Members

Mary's puppy name is Gypsy Rose she is a Miniture poodle. She is 10 years old and keeps me company every day. Good name you have chosen.

Mike

• Members

My children took matters into their hands, and brought me a young terrier collie mixed breed puppy. Her name is Tinker, and she's been with me for a week now. I am so glad they did it! Tink is smart, she learns fast, and she keeps me from sitting here feeling sad all the time. She has a clown' way of making me smile, even when i don't feel like it. I missed having a dog..and now i have one!

• Members

silver, so glad you got Tinker. I've toyed with the idea of getting a second cat, but this one is a hand full; glad you found something that made you feel better. Wishing i could. Seven months have passed, people and life move on, and i feel stuck. like right now, i've been up since 2.15 with bad dreams and on this computer for hours. time to get off my arse and do something. have a good day babe. val

• Members
BreathofAngel

silver, so glad you got Tinker. I've toyed with the idea of getting a second cat, but this one is a hand full; glad you found something that made you feel better. Wishing i could. Seven months have passed, people and life move on, and i feel stuck. like right now, i've been up since 2.15 with bad dreams and on this computer for hours. time to get off my arse and do something. have a good day babe. val

Warmest greetings, dear Val!

It is good to see your posting and I wish everyone had the miraculous panacea that would eliminate their strife in life but just like Silver received her new pet, from her wonderful children, that can now help her better in many ways, you too while not perhaps considering another pet might consider new books for reading! I know it continues to be hard missing your husband but one such book that may be worth reading is:

ALONE and ALIVE "A practical guide for dealing with the death of your husband" by Janet Boyanton.

Janet is a lawyer with a J.D., M.B.A., and M. Div.

The ISBN: 9780974772028

Publisher is: Shafer Publishing (ShaferPublishing.com) (908)432-1206

I think you and others will find some great comforting words in this great book!

Many blessings to you, dearheart, and remember that bad dreams are usually a signal of conflicts in your life but know that your husband lives on with you not only in your heart but beside you most of the time in spirit! May God Bless You Always!

Archived