Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Walmart has a change of heart in lawsuit

holleigh

• Members

(KTVI - myFOXstl.com)  --  After much public scrutiny that included a protest in downtown St. Louis 2 years ago, Wal-Mart has ended the effort to collect more than $400,000 in health care costs from a former employee. Eight years ago Deborah Shank suffered brain damage in a traffic accident. Today her attorney Maurice Graham joined FOX 2 News in the Morning to react to Wal-Mart's decision to drop the lawsuit.

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6207840&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

• Members
4everjoeysmom

This is good news considering that Walmart is also known to stiff its employees on insurance by policing hours worked and providing only basic coverage to the point that an unbelievable amount of Walmart workers find it necessary to be supplemented by Medicare.  And who suffers the brunt of that?  The taxpayers--us!  So in a sense, Walmart, by pursuing this woman's money was acting as a thief.

This is a very good picture of GREED!

Thanks for sharing the news.  -Claudia

• Members

I have mixed feelings over Walmart because I know they don't pay high wages with great benifits but after my boy died, they donated a trailblazer to us from the pharmacy department. :D 

On our way to the river when we found out Joshua was lost, we were in a car wreck and our vehicle was totaled.  So a man from our church who is a pharmacy regional manager at Walmart was able to get them to donate his vehicle that was due to be exchanged (they get new fleet vehicles after a certain amount of time).  I was so suprised and it helped us out tremendously.  I shop at Walmart now. :)

Sal

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Sal, I shop at Walmart too when I am in the States, because reality is I can get decent quality for less cost, and I am frugal with spending these days.  I think it's a wonderful blessing that you received the donated vehicle.  Even in the case of a corporation that has much greed, there are God's people (in the world but not of it) that He uses to bless His children as a testimony of His goodness.

Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.

Archived