Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ole Yeller

kendi

• Members

Well Kenny's dog went to be with Kenny tonight. Kenny loved that dog he was a lab but Kenny always thought of him as a lap dog. Every time you would look Kenny had yeller in his lap. We got yeller because some fool threw him out of a truck and I mean threw him out without stopping. Ole yeller was in the woods beside our house when we caught a glimpse of him. So we started feeding him but he never came to us til about 2 weeks. He finally got to the point he would come up closer and closer each day. He was so skinny and full of sores where he was thrown out, so we doctored him up and got him better. Every since then he has bee one of the best dogs you could ever ask for. Kenny and him would sit out in the yard and if we drove up he would jump well at least try because he had gotten so fat he could hardly roll over much less jump. When Kenny died poor yeller was there but you could tell he was hurting and missing Kenny so much. After Kenny passed away he started having seizures and the weird part was Kenny had them before he died. Tonight he had a big one that we all knew he would not get passed it. So all I could do was just sit there and love him and tell him it was okay Kenny was waiting for him so they could be together. He looked so pitiful but I knew he was not coming out of this one he just missed Kenny to much. I know Kenny was happy to see him so we buried him out by Kenny;s shed where they spent alot of time together. Just seems like piece by piece I am still loosing Kenny slowly. I love Kenny but glad he has his favorite pet now and can play. May Kenny and ole yeller rest in peace.post-299979-0-64491100-1358315201_thumb.post-299979-0-15928500-1358315268_thumb.post-299979-0-36894400-1358315474_thumb.post-299979-0-97466100-1358315569_thumb.post-299979-0-56609700-1358315744_thumb.

• Moderators

I'm very sorry kendi. I have my beloved's dog too and I dread the day he goes - he is the ONLY one who has been there for me every step of the way. He has seen me at my lowest and gave me a reason to get up in the morning and keep going when I had no desire to. Sounds like you both gave him some great years he wouldn't have otherwise had though, and I hope you can take comfort in that.

• Members

Thanks W2, I do find comfort and I am glad Kenny got his dog! Kenny treated that dog like a kid, Kenny and I have a habit of taking in unwanted and found animals. I still have his pot belly pig, miniature goat, chickens and dogs and cats, that we have taken in. But ole Yeller was his baby. It is weird how things turn out but I know they are happy together and Kenny has company,

Archived