ModKonnie

Does everybody know our Facebook link?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We see many of you on our Facebook site, but some of you are missing. Come post your pics and join in the conversations at www.facebook.com/mygriefsupport . Our Facebook page is just another great way to connect people together who need support and encouragement.

We look forward to hearing from you,

ModKonnie

Thanks, Konnie.

Just a comment here, I was rather active on a FB grief group that is a "closed group", and a member of 2 others as well.(also both closed) I found very much support among the people I met there especially in one of the groups. It was very helpful and some nights I felt that the people there literally saved me from falling into a deep dark hole of complete despair, as I have no one to talk to about my grief. BUT then an‎ acquaintence  of mine  somehow sought me out in the grief related groups I was members of and joined the groups. I felt very violated. Although I KNOW anything that I put on the internet can be read by others, there are some people I did not want to share with, this is why I made it a point to join CLOSED groups.  It was easier to share my raw and personal feelings with others who were going through the same thing as I was... So be very careful when sharing on FB, even with closed groups, as anyone can request to join a group. I was at least lucky enough to notice that this person started joining the groups I was in, basically stalking me,  so I deleted all my posts, and left the groups I was in. But it is very disheartening, as I lost my support network as well. Now I am left alone, with out anyone to talk to about what I am going through and feeling. Afraid to share even though sharing, and offering support to others was healing for me...

I did try one on one therapy, but that is NOT for me. Went to several sessions, and it made things worse. Now I am on a huge back slide. crawling back into my shell.... 

Rant over. Just wanted to warn those thinking abough FB.... 

Much love to all suffering a loss. May happy memories bring you peace and comfort.  <3  

Only Me Now,

I hope you find this site and our community helpful in your healing. There are thousands of people here, and we try very hard to make sure everyone is welcome and safe to bear their darkest thoughts and feelings about their loss.

ModKonnie

why not make another fb account that none of your friends can be on and use it only for your group sessions? I am thinking the same thing because I would not want certain people in my conversation but at the same time we need to talk to people who understand what we are going thru

Hi everyone,

I just 'liked" the page-but I was unsure as to how to go about posting on it, how to talk to others. The chat room is empty asnd I really need someone who can maybe understand to talk to, just for mutual support and the like. Can someone tell me what I need to do? Thank you.

Facebook page: Michelle Jackal (In Logan, Utah USA).

Hi drisana,

You can simply respond to any of the topics on the Facebook page, or you can start one yourself by "posting" to the page. Keep trying back on the chat room here; people come here at night much of the time.

Also, feel free to post on any forum here that you find interesting. You can start your own topic by clicking on the "start topic" tab or just respond to anything that interests you by clicking "reply to this topic."

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

P.S. What did you want to talk about?