Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's almost been a year...

skipper74

• Members

Hey everyone,

I lost my Mom April 28th of last year. The "anniversary" of her passing is quickly approaching and I am dreading it. My Mom was my best friend and her loss has been nothing short of traumatic to me. I watched her suffer for several days in the hospital from Lung Cancer.

I am 33 years old and have now lost both of my parents. My Dad passed about 7 years ago.

The hard part for me has been my inability to actually grieve for her. I have 3 kids under the age of 6 and my husband is has been in the middle east since Christmas. I have had to try and be both parents for my kids and try to cope with my Mom's death alone. I have no family here and today I am facing yet another holiday by myself. I hate crying in front of my kids, but I just have days when I feel like I just can't cope anymore.

Any other time my husband has been gone I have had my mom to talk to on the phone everyday and I always felt better. Now I just feel alone.

I have been doing ok, but for the past week or so I am falling apart at the seams. So many things are reminding me of her. I keep smelling her perfume everywhere, and I feel like I am having "flashbacks" of her death. I can't figure out how to cope, and I have noone to talk to.

Has anyone else had a similar experience close to the 1 year mark??

• Members

It's almost a year since my Mom passed away too - April 26th. She was my best friend too and her passing has been the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. I miss her so much. Lately I feel kind of numb, but I know one year is coming up and I don't know how I'll manage the closer it gets. I'm not married so I don't have a husband to lean on, although I've learned that my grief is my own to deal with, to feel, to learn to live with, even though I have the rest of my family - who are all going through the same thing. It's a very lonely lonely world without my Mom. I feel for you. Nothing prepares us for this kind of loss or her death. My Mom was sick for a long time but when the time came, it floored me completely. I carry on with things because I have no choice, but there are days when I just stay home and keep to myself. Please take care and know that there are others of us who go through this too.

• Members

i am in the same boat mine died last year june 6th. its coming up as well and i am hurting very much too.. i dont have any family to lean its a long story. i hurt every day and am very alone and lonely with no friends other than online...

• Members
stephysteph13

Sheela i really feel for you. i read alot of what you write and my heart aches for you. im hoping u can find peace in some people on here to make it through this tough time. i know what your feeling missing your mom even though im young i have been through so much not only my mom and it sucks.

Hang in there!

Steph im always here if u need 2 talk

• Members

ty Steph i had some family contact me recently and so at least i have that ..

i have a cousin who i have missed for years reach out me and that helps a lot .. if money just wasnt so tight i would move out of where i am at - i have lived here since 1996 with my mom in a down town ghetto and i hate it so much i am on the 11th floor and i feel so cut off from the rest of the world ... i cant wait to move but have to wait for some property to sell first ... and then i am so out of here !! my mom hated it here too we both did but could never move bc of her health and $$ etc ... hugs and ty

i feel for you too i see your anguish as well i dont always post a lot somedays its just too hard to write much ...

• Members

every one here has been so kind  thank you every one for your kindness i appreciate it a lot even if i dont always say much .. i dont know what i would have done with out this support group !!!  Steph i hope things get better for both of us and every one here

Archived