Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Newbie with Questions

laura1fox

• Members

I lost a dear friend July 10th 2011. She was the best friend a girl could ask for. when we were younger I lived with her and her husband for a while well eventually an affair was going on between her husband and I she found out i moved we dint speak for years, we recently reconnected when i called her up and apoligized. She was a lot different than the lady i knew before our "breakup" taking lots of meds and suffering from fibromyalgia. stayed out of it most of times but we had some laughs seems like we were never apart then unexpectingly she passed it was a total shock to her friends and family no one would have ever guessed that this would happen. 2 weeks after her death her late husband phoned me wanted to get together ok we did and ended up intimate again, and dont get me wrong this has never felt like "just SEx", i honestly believe he has feelings for me as I do him. we stopped seeing each other again his request, his kids, 1 stepdaughter 36 and daughter 30, they told him they felt it was to fast. december 2011 until august 2012 we have not talked. then he contacts me again wants to get together and since this last time we have "gotten" together everyweek, go out to dinner watch movies enjoy each other alot. Got email today having a difficult times with the holidays, needs to see his therapist says he feels quilty for seeing me just stuff he wants to talk about with therapist to get thru holidays. He's 54 i'm 46 i have real strong feelings for this man soo my question is should i just back off permantly or do i wait ever how long it takes for him to move on i have i grieved alone but i'm ok. I miss her and would give anything to have her back

• Members

Hi Laura1fox,

What do you really want to do? Perhaps you should honor his wishes about needing to see his therapist, but hey, if you don't want to back of permanently then don't.

Do you want to wait? This is completely up to you, but why would you back off permanently? Do you feel guilty? Do you think you are doing wrong? Are you both happy together?

ModKonnie

• Members

I dont have any guilt feelings, im scared to push to hard...i realize he needs this time so i def do not push and thinking now I will wait and see i am in love with him, just cant help that it hurts my feelings when he wants to back off again....

Archived