Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

We have lost one of our own

cant move on

• Members

I became friends with mandala off the boards some time ago, and learned there was much more to Paula than an anonymous screen name. She was a wonderfully caring person, and as a retired mental health councillor she tried so hard to help herself by trying to help others to overcome the same challenges she was trying to overcome.

Paula passed away at her home in Boston on the evening of 29 Nov 2012

Paula will be sadly missed by all who knew her.

Rest in peace mandala you were and are a good friend.

John (screen name) cant move on

• Members

She had kind words to share with many of us, my condolences go out to family and friends.

Mike

• Moderators

This is horrible news, in fact such words are ridiculously inadequate. I'm so sorry for those who knew her best and most of all for her. May she RIP

• Members
Yadairaisabel

May she rest in peace and be led into eternal peace with all those she loved.

• Members

She was a wonderful member of the community. May she rest in peace, and may her family and friends find comfort and support for their loss.

ModKonnie

• Members

If anyone does know, could someone please tell me? I was worried, because she hadn't called me back, but just thought she must be busy. I am so sad to hear this- we laughed on Thanksgiving about how much we had in common. She was a warm and caring person.

I'm going to miss her, and my sympathy goes to her family and other friends.

They are together now, so she isn't missing him any more. Love you, Paula. - Silver

• Members

When I talked to her son on sat. 1 Dec he told me she past away in her sleep. I became good friends with Paula, and although her son knew about me, I'm still not comfortable with pushing for more information. As I told Widower by PM, her family has my phone number and if I hear any more I will inform ModKonnie.

• Members
stargazer5510

I am so very saddened by this news. She went out of her way to send me a personal message at a very low time. I'm not surprised to hear from others here how kind and caring she was. May she rest in peace.

• Members

Thank you. I appreciate it, and I don't know her family at all, so I wouldn't ask for any more info than that, either. I still have a couple of voice mails, where we were playing phone tag that week, and only had one short conversation with her after Thanksgiving Day.

She was a wonderful person, and I loved to hear her laugh. I'll miss her.

• Members

oh my God. i had mandala's phone number and she consoled me so many times regarding Jerry. I simply cannot believe it. we have lost one of our own now. what next? what next dear God? i, valerie, can't take anymore losses. she was my phone friend. i am crying as i write this.... dear mandala, paula, RIP, you helped me so much.

what do i do now? it is unfair, i can't take anymore....

val

• Members

So sorry to hear this terribly sad news. I exchanged a couple of emails with Mandala and had a glimpse of her humor. She was a caring, kind individual and I will miss her. RIP dear lady.

Linda

• Members
mavericks_goose

I am devastated to hear of this sad news. She too, emailed me privately and we had very good discussions, I will miss her kind, caring, and thoughtful words. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more struggling, just peace and smiles as she's joined with her loved ones above. Rest in peace Paula! Always remembered, NEVER forgotten!

Archived