Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dear mom

braz54

• Members

I am not sure where I should start because this all seems like a dream to me and I will wake up and everything will be like it was.

2 weeks ago we found out my mom has Liver Cancer. Her right lobe is full. My Mom is 79 years old and was living alone.

She is now living with me and I am enjoying it so much. She is eating and drinking great now. So far there is no pain and she has her humor back.

I have to make funeral arrangements and am having a hard time with this.  My brothers came down from Fl. and LA. and spent a few days with us. But they did have to go home so it is up to me and my sister. My oldest son will be there if I need him to go with us.

How do you get through doing something that is so final? 

I just lost my long time friend of 46 years to cancer 8 months ago.  My mom was her second mom and where close also. So wish I had her here with me now. 

Well I need to stop now, starting to tear up

I hope this wa sok to post. I am really just rambling on and on..

Take Care everyone and God Bless

Gail

• Members

hun treasure every second with her get a video tape or record her voice you will always wish you had, take some pictures of her and you together... i lost my mom last year and i hurt all the time as well. i would give anything for her voice to still be here on a tape etc..  hugs

• Members

Gail, my dad is also suffering from secondary liver cancer, his skin and eyes are all yellow already :(:(:( I hope you are doing ok and I will keep your mom in my thoughts

• Members

Hi

Just got the e-mail that you all wrote me .. I wanted to say thanks and [user=19839]karolynca[/user] I will have you and your dad in my prays also. It is such a treblie thing. So hard tohandle.

I wish I had video taped when my brothers where here and all the grand kids when we found out, but I did not think of it.  I am enjoying every minute I hace.

Prayers

Gail

• Members

Yes Gail is such a terrible thing! tonight Dad has been saying things that kind of involve good byes :(, I am so sad...feel so lost.  I think a videotape sounds great, I did one of dad when he was hospitalized last November which I keep on my cellphone

• Members

Good Morning

I feel your pain feeling lost and just having to sit and watch,

Is your Dad in pain? My mom has been lucky so far not to much, once in awhile she will grab her side. 

Hospice have been great they are all great people.  It is still in my eyes a dream, Everytime I think of not being able to call, visit or whatever I start crying, I had to go see my doctor because I almost thought I was losing it.

I don't want her to be in pain..   I now have to have someone here at night with me. My sister has been staying sometimes my mom can't stand up, very weak in the legs..

Thinking of youI am in NH where are you?

Gail

• Members

Gail, right now my dad has developed jaundice along with constant peeing, no pain yet.  He has lost a lot of weight though and sometimes I see him hold his side as well but it doesn't seem like it is too much of a pain.  I don't want my dad to suffer either, in my case what really brings me down is to think that due to my pregnancy I had to look for someone to stay with them and go with him to Dr's appt so I feel guilty that I am not "there" although I call one million times, etc.  My husband in my case has been a tremendous support to me but I just don't know how I am going to handle things when he goes into a more difficult situation.

I am currently living outside US in an island in the caribbean, Dominican Republic which makes it harder as my only sister is in North Dakota and the rest of the family either in New York or in Miami, so I feel kind of alone in all these.  I only have a couple of cousins here with me but they have their own lives, I just cannot be a hassle and then my husband's family but as you know that not necessary means like a real family.

Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts....

Karolyn

• Members

Nice to hear from you..

My mom breathing has changed and my sister and I had a very bad day yesterday. It is scary. Her liver has not shut down yet and she is not jaundice. The doctor took her off her heart med and coumdin..

I keep you in my prayers and I know it mush be hard for you. Do not feel bad about having someone else helping you and your dad, you need that help. As everyone says to me, you need to take care of yourself, but I know that is hard to do, but you need to. You are lucky that you have a supportive hubby

Keep in touch

Gail

• Members

Gail, I am so sorry about your mom's  breathing.  My dad went thru an Enphisema a while ago due to his smoking habits, so he has smoker asthma on top of everything else, it is indeed scaring situation.  Why was she taken off her medication for the heart?

Sending many many hugs

Karolyn

• Members

Hi

My passed yesterday and I am just numb. I have alot to do in the next few days and I don't want to do it.

I will paray for you and your dad

Love gail

• Members

Dear Gail, I am so sorry about your mom's passing, I hold you near my heart in prayers asking for strengh and courage to surf during this days.  Please keep in contact these following months and weeks will be difficult, if you ever need to talk to someone just know I am here for you.

Many cyber hugs my friend

Karolyn

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived