Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do you explain to a 3 yr old his daddy is gone

Yadairaisabel

• Members
Yadairaisabel

Last night I was holding my 6week old baby girl and my 3 yr old son was playing with his cars on the floor. He looked up for a minute got up gave his sister a kiss and gave me a kiss and a hug I said thank you and he replied daddy told me to now I have to go to bed :( and he went on normally to his bed. I have already sat down with him and told him that daddy is with God but I know he misses him and he doesn't know how to cope and honestly I don't know what to do.

• Moderators

As far as explaining, I don't think you need to do much of anything. The silver lining is he's too young to understand and won't remember this time at all when he's older........let him grasp it in his own way :)

• Members

Hello Y. I have a three year old girl too. Her daddy passed away on 5 september and she turned three on november tenth. She speaks of him often and she reminds everyone that he is in heaven with God. As painful as it is I just acknowledge anything she says of him. Whether its how he bathed her to how he fed her. She will remind me that her daddy did it this way or that way. I pray that you find comfort in the days ahead. I am real sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs and kisses from me and my girl Meecah.

• Members
Yadairaisabel

Hello Y. I have a three year old girl too. Her daddy passed away on 5 september and she turned three on november tenth. She speaks of him often and she reminds everyone that he is in heaven with God. As painful as it is I just acknowledge anything she says of him. Whether its how he bathed her to how he fed her. She will remind me that her daddy did it this way or that way. I pray that you find comfort in the days ahead. I am real sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs and kisses from me and my girl Meecah.

Thank you my son talks a lot about his daddy sometime he even acts like he's here it hurts but I know time will help us all. I'm very sorry for your loss! Many hugs and kisses from my son Alex, my daughter Sophia and I. Wish you the best in this difficult journey.

Archived