Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here

LouQ

• Members

Silver,

I'm going to try the advice you gave and focus on good memories that may comfort me. I've been so overwhelmed with memories of the last two years which were like fighting in a war. We had few moments of good quality time together. It seemed like I was always tired from working, researching, and trying to take care of him that I feel like I was a zombie and I missed out on precious time. There were good memories during those times too, I just have to try to let those memories in....

Thanks for the positive input.

• Members

Lou-

In a way, we are all alone in the way we feel. it's an intensely personal loss, this losing our "other halves". No-one else knew our soulmates as well, or can miss them as intensely. I hope hat came out right...sometimes this is a difficult way to communicate. We all share some common ground, but we are all so different, that what works for one of us, doesn't always work for everyone else..but sometimes, someone here will say something, and I will think..why didn't I think of that...or I wonder if that will help?

So we talk to each other about the feelings we are having , and what we try, and somehow, we keep stumbling along this trail through hell, together.

I'm sorry for your loss. I wish none of us were here, really, but I'm glad we all found each other. It really does help, to be able to talk to people who understand.

I'm glad you're going to your son's. I didn't want to go to anyone's on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad I did. Being alone would have been worse, I think. And the tree? Well, that was a Dennis thing. He ALWAYS put the tree up, because he said even if he really didn't feel like Christmas, if he looked at the tree and the lights enough, the spirit always found him. So, I gave it a try...and although sometimes, I admit, I cry because he isn't here to see it, at times, it makes me feel like he still is part of my life, now.

I don't always make sense, do I ? But that's ok, too. Things stopped making sense a few months ago, so I may as well follow the trend.

As for leaving the job? It wasn't all that great a job, anyway. In the great scheme of things, I doubt anyone will really notice I've gone. I'd like to find something to do that matters, for a change. We'll see- if not, there's always fast food, or something else that I don't have to think so hard about. That too, could be a plus, at this point.

Hope some lightness of spirit comes to all of us here, for at least a few hours. We could all use the relief, don't you think? Nite, all.

Archived