Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling lost without him

Yadairaisabel

• Members
Yadairaisabel

November 5th, 2012 my life took a complete turn towards the worse. Just three weeks earlier we saw our daughter Sophia's birth. I still replay that night on my mind and I just can't understand why he's gone. Chuck suffered from epilepsy and I had never seen him go thru a seizure before. He was completely fine that night till 1am when he got up and asked me to let him sleep by the wall the last words I heard from him were watch out he dropped as he shook I held him thru it and then he was gone :( he was only 24 and we have two beautiful kids our now 5 wk old Sophie and our 3 yr old Alex. I know it's selfish of me to not want to celebrate but how can I when the love of my life is gone our plans faded away:( my heart is broken and I don't know how to cope with this he taught me so much but he didn't teach me how to live without him. Tomorrow is thanksgiving my first without my baby and I don't know what to do with myself.post-305426-0-28502100-1353552729_thumb.

• Members

Yadairaisabel,

I am so sorry for your loss and I am glad you found this site. I do not think you are selfish for not wanting to celebrate Thanksgiving, I feel the same way. I lost my husband to cancer on October 26th, he was diagnosed in September. It all happened so fast, a lot of people did not even know he was sick. I could never relate to people who suffered a loss because I had never been in their position. Now I understand the pain and suffering, even though the circumstance may not be the same. You can never prepare for the pain that follows such a loss, and I wish I could give some words of wisdom to help with your healing. The hardest part for me was seeing my sisters and brother with their families all happy and whole. I was jealous and I did not want to be around them. I hope you keep posting and find some comfort here.

Andrea

• Members
Yadairaisabel

Thank you Andrea. I'm sorry for your loss :( I also wish I had comforting words but unfortunately I have none. I know that time will help but a loss like this is one you never truly recover from. I'm glad I found this site because there's so many people here that understand how I feel and I can understand them. Most of my friends have never gone thru a loss and my family is too yurt to even comfort. I just hope to see his smile once again once my time comes.

Archived