Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thanksgiving

widower2

• Moderators

Hope you all are able to weather this and perhaps even find some enjoyment/relief from whatever problems you're having and despite the reasons to feel otherwise, are somehow able to focus at least a bit on what you have/have had in your life to be thankful for. And have some turkey too. tc

• Members

I am thankful for the 32 years I had with my wife. I miss her so, but I am thankful for the children we have and Grandchildren. I just wish she was here with me to enjoy them. Thankful for the love we had over the years.

I miss you and Love you Mary!!!

• Members

I don't feel very thankful. I do have a wonderful son and my family have been great to me during this total devastation (so I guess I'm thankful for them) but I'm bitter and angry that my wonderful husband died and there are too many terrible people who are going to eat turkey tomorrow. Sorry but that's how I feel. I just don't understand why.....I prayed and prayed for his cancer to stay under control like so many other men with prostate cancer but no, he had to have the aggressive kind and all the praying in the world didn't help.

I researched his disease every night trying to stay on top of it and make sure he was getting the best treatments, encouraged him to eat food that was supposed to fight cancer such as broccoli, kale and all the stuff he hated, looked up clinical trials and the whole nine yards. He should be here with me. He fought so hard and I fought hard trying to save him but I just couldn't. I tried so hard! He didn't want to die....the image of him taking his last breaths will haunt me forever...

Sorry but I'm having a terrible night. I just can't believe I have to go on without him. It just keeps getting harder!

• Moderators

Sorry lost, I can relate to all of what you said. Hoping/praying for better days for you, and all.....

• Moderators

PS I will give thanks to those who built and run this site - I know it's helped many!

• Members

I don't feel very thankful. I do have a wonderful son and my family have been great to me during this total devastation (so I guess I'm thankful for them) but I'm bitter and angry that my wonderful husband died and there are too many terrible people who are going to eat turkey tomorrow. Sorry but that's how I feel. I just don't understand why.....I prayed and prayed for his cancer to stay under control like so many other men with prostate cancer but no, he had to have the aggressive kind and all the praying in the world didn't help.

I researched his disease every night trying to stay on top of it and make sure he was getting the best treatments, encouraged him to eat food that was supposed to fight cancer such as broccoli, kale and all the stuff he hated, looked up clinical trials and the whole nine yards. He should be here with me. He fought so hard and I fought hard trying to save him but I just couldn't. I tried so hard! He didn't want to die....the image of him taking his last breaths will haunt me forever...

Sorry but I'm having a terrible night. I just can't believe I have to go on without him. It just keeps getting harder!

I feel your pain. I feel very lost, too. The holidays....Christmas will be harder than Thanksgiving....for sure....

• Members

So sorry Fitgal. Christmas is going to be awful and my Russ' birthday is coming up too. ARGH!! I'm hating life right now.....

Archived