Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First year without mom.

Daffodilfun

• Members

I miss her so much. I will be at my brother's. There will be very little or no talk about mom. They all think I should be over it by now. How can I be over mom when she was my best friend and she will not be here. I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in Janaury or not at all. I WANT HER BACK!

• Members

I understand what you are saying completely. Hang in there! The first couple of years are the hardest at holiday time. Perhaps you will be able to perhaps have a toast to your Mom at the dinner, or when you all gather to reflect on the meaning of Thanksgiving. As hard as it is for me to try to get through the holidays... I still would not have given up one second of the time spent with my son. I am completely and totally grateful for the life I had the honour to share. I will think of you tomorrow.

Kate

• Members

I feel the same way. This'll be my first christmas without my Mom and my in-laws act like nothing has happened. It makes it really difficult.

• Members
heartaches4mom

I miss my mom so much. She died unexpectedly on veterans day this year. I just want the holidays to be over. No one understands my pain and just gets quiet when I mention how I feel. I lost my father 22 years ago and still think about him. I feel like an orphaned child even though i am an adult. I do not think you get over losing a parent. This is a sad time, I am so sick of hearing about Christmas.

Archived