Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

just jound out the hospital prolonged dad's death by ignoring his do not resusitate order

karebear

• Members

I started an inquiry after my dad died because of the bad experience we had with the hospital. The preliminary results came back this week and I ended up having a breakdown. I was told by the person investigating that my dad had died 3 days prior to what we knew as his death and that despite everyone on staff being aware of his Do not resuscitate order 4 nurses resuscitated him. He ended up having one of the hardest deaths the palitive staff had witnessed and my sister and I continue to have nightmares and think about what we saw him go through in those last few days each day since his death. It was all for nothing. He died quickly the first time and they flogged him back to life and prolonged his death. I am so angry that I can't stop crying. I want them to be fired or for someone to pay for what they put him through and the rest of us. I can't seem to make it through my grief and finding out things like this make me feel like I will never make it through this. I feel hopeless.

• Members

I am so sorry to hear that. That is just awful. I hope that you get things taken care of because that was just wrong of them when he was DNR. I would be as upset as you and yes i can understand how it is still painful when you find out that this happened. My heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers as you deal with everything going on.

• Members

I don't blame you for being angry. I would be as well. Easy to say 'things happen' but when you are dealing with someone's life and their wishes, that excuse doesn't fly. I am so sorry for what you and your sister are going through!

• Members

You have a right to be angry. The only thing I can say is that he might have not known what was going on. Please keep that as a hope. Continue with your investigation/compensation, but still think that your dad never knew.

Blessings.

Archived