Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is there more to life then crying?

gunnerswife

• Members

I'm so sorry. Yes, there are days like that for me. I just started some group counseling. It's heart breaking to hear other's stories, but good to hear how other people are feeling or dealing with it. Have you talked to your doctor about any of this?

• Members

I am sorry you continue to struggle; I believe we all have many days like this. I just had a session with my councilor and she said some of my problem is self-induced. I need to try to find something to keep me busy. Since I attend classes and try to keep up with my studies, I go to Widow and Widower too soon group twice a month, I try not to miss Sunday church. Not sure what else I can do to keep busy. When I mentioned that to my councilor she agreed that it is a lot. And she also pointed out it is important to keep busy. I am not saying it is easy but I do feel it is important to keep your mind off of your problems even if it is only a few hours a day. I will pray for you to find comfort and heal from this tragic time. I wish for you all my best.

Mike

• Moderators

I'm very sorry GW. It's a harsh road we have to travel, but I think eventually we can work our way to better days. Hope to see you again soon in chat sometime -

• Members

Dear GW: I can totally relate. I woke up this morning crying, tired and weak. I don't want to go to work; I feel a lack of purpose in my life today; it is getting colder here and that doesn't help. I know you miss Scottie badly. I pray for all of us for a respite from our pain. This is the most ardurous journey i've been on in my life too. On days i don't work, i sleep so i don't have to think about it. Get busy? with what i ask? my whole life was about, in, of and for my love for Jerry. I am not anyway ready for widow and widowers meetings. i don't care if i ever find another. i feel severely depressed at the moment and i apologize am probably writing this more to vent myself out than anything. i am sorry.

intellectually, i know there is more to life than crying, but right , in this moment, i don't know what it is. we will find a path again, that i do know. i just don't know when. My miind knows W2 and Mike are right though: we can work our way to better days. I just don't know how to today. I give up. I surrender to the fact that Jerry is gone. I must move forward. I just don't know how.

No one is ever in Chat anymore.

Too tired to share a phone call with anyone sometimes.

Sorry , I am just very depressed too today.

I pray you find some relief, I'll pray for you too, I pray for all of us.

Hugs, Val

• Members

I am so sorry for the pain everyone is going through, I wish I had the answers and solutions to all of the hurt. It is the most trying times I have ever lived through. I would have never imagined that times could be this hard. I will pray for you all.

Mike

• Members
lost and numb

GW, ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry..

For the past 5 weeks I have done nothing but cry, this pain is unreal.I don't understand how we take another breath.

Coming here and reading and sometimes posting helps. I don't think suffering in silence does any of us any good. I do miss the chat room. Everyone here is great and you all help so much.

Together we will get through this.

• Members

Y'all, I can't ever seem to find anyone in chat, either. Maybe we need to try and set a time to meet up there, or something? We could you know.

• Members

Tears and sobbing are healthier ways of responding to our losses than holding back our emotions. When my husband first died I barely cried but I was so shocked and felt numb. I find myself sobbing sometimes but actually feel somewhat better afterwards from relieving some of my tension. Don't be so hard on yourselves after all we are sad and we need to release our emotions in someway. I miss my husband so much right now! Hope everyone has a peaceful night. Marti

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I cry almost every day. I had to sneak out of church on Sunday because I couldn't stop the tears. I hope I'm not this sad the rest of my life.

• Members

I asked the Dr. today is the rest of my life full of medications and sadness. She said I don’t know. “Not what I wanted to hear!” Not sure what to think of that.

Mike

• Members

Went to the Dr today. They put me on antidepresents. I don't know how I feel about this.

Me too. Started me on meds that would put a horse in coma

• Members

I am not sure of the crying, I have not done much of it!! I get to the point were I think I am fixing to then poof it goes away. I went to the Dr. she asked if I was depressed, I said no I am stressed in the last 1 1/2 I lost my job of 10 years due to lay offs, I lost my mom, I have 4 kids and then lost my husband, Well she told me since I could not sleep she was going to give me a mild antidepressant to help me sleep and see if that would help so I tried a mild antidepressant. Well that didn't help because all I did was sleep eat and I gained 20lbs in a couple of weeks. I woke up in bed with a sandwich and lord knows what else I have been doing. I don't like medication because for me they mask the real problem, not saying that they don't help and fully help some. This is my personal preference. I want to cry and scream and let it all out, I feel like it would help. But it just will not come. I do talk to my friends and they listen but it is a new job and to me they don't understand 1st because they never seen me and Kenny together to know how our love was and second they never been through what I am going through, They are a great and supportive group of people and could not have asked for a better set of coworkers/friends. I know I will never be the person I was without Kenny and I know he would not want me to give up, So I don't!!! But it is hard this grieving process is so different but yet the same. Coming here helps so much to read and hear everyone's story, just to know we are all going through the same but yet different. Kenny just brought so much love, joy and happiness in my life. He was my souldmate saying and doing things for each other without telling the others we wanted it done. I know it will get calmer as time goes by just not sure easier. My heart and soul goes out to each and everyone of us and May God be with us through this time, Thank you all for being here for each other,

• Members
UnderHis Wings

If you're taking an antidepressant and you don't like the side effects or if you still feel depressed, talk to your doctor. Some antidepressants make people sleepy, some don't, some cause weight gain and some don't. Another factor to consider is the dosage. If you don't tell the doctor what is going on, he/she can't help you.

• Moderators

Good points UH. And some can have the opposite effect. You are the best doctor you'll ever have, really. :)

• Members

today was the first day I was suppose to take them. Screwed that all up. then ended up taking the wrong pill and that isn't good either. Things are not looking good for me. :(

• Members
UnderHis Wings

today was the first day I was suppose to take them. Screwed that all up. then ended up taking the wrong pill and that isn't good either. Things are not looking good for me. :(

Hang in there, Mike. I've forgotten to take meds, forgotten to call in for refills, etc. I hope you have a better day on November 22! Don't eat too much turkey. ;)

Archived