Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still missing my best friend...

HollyHL

• Members

I just found this group and already feel comforted. It's coming up on 3 yrs since I lost my best friend, Sandra, and I still feel such an enormous hole in my heart and absence in my life. Life without your best friend is lonely - how does one go about finding a new best friend? I have other loved ones in my life - husband, children, new granddaughter, parents, siblings, cousins, uncles - but none of them are my "go to person" like Sandra was. I'm reading a book/memoir entitled "Let's Take the Long Way Home" and just came across a line that captured the beauty of our friendship: "The dailiness of our alliance was both muted and essential: We were the lattice that made room for the rose".

• Members

Sweetums,

I am so sorry about the loss of your best friend. It is hard to find true close friends, but they just somehow have a way of finding us, just when we need them the most. Someone will come along, but in the meantime, hopefully you can cherish the memories of what true friendship means. It also great that you have others when you need them.

We are glad you feel comfortable here. We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
emilylovesall

Oh my gosh I am SO SORRY!!! The PAIN I am feeling for you.... I lost my best friend to suicide so I can TOTALLY relate.... How did you lose yours? ((hugs))) :(

• Members

I am sorry to hear that.Especially when a best friend is missing.We don't know where to find him/her.Has your best friend ever told you where he/she want to go?:S

Archived