Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 & A Half Months Later

wickedlilpixie

• Members
wickedlilpixie

It's been 3 and a half months since I lost my mother to a sudden heart attack on our living room couch. She was almost 71, I was 31 at the time (32 now).

It has gotten a bit easier, I can actually sleep alone in the apartment and be here alone, we lived together. I can enjoy silence again, which I missed. I started working again, thankfully I work from home but I took 2 months off to grieve. I've gotten out and got a better control on my anxiety then I did prior to her death. But with the holidays coming up, I'm scared. I hear Christmas music and mute the TV, people talk about Christmas and I zone out. I find myself missing her more and more the further into November we get.

Since she died, I've had one of her favourite songs stuck on repeat in my head, yesterday morning as I was making coffee the song went off again and there I was crying making coffee. I told her to quit it and send me some happy music, cause I can't take hearing this song anymore.

While it's gotten easier, it still hurts so damn much. Sometimes I just want my mom.

• Members

It has been 13 LONG months for me. I am happy for you that it has gotten easier. I understand how you feel as the holiday season approaches; other people are gearing up with family and friends and what do we do. My Momma lived with me too, but since then I have moved and it is no better. The void is and will always be there and I don't know of anything or anyone who can fill it. I ALWAYS want my Momma. God's Blessings....

• Members
ForeverRemembered

Oh Natasha, I am feeling your pain. I lost my mom on September 11th. She suddenly went into respiratory distress and it was so awful to watch her pass away. Like you, I often am asking my mom to help me get through this pain. For me, it is also getting easier but it still hurts so much. I was going through some already bought Christmas gifts that were hidden away and I came across a #1Grandmother coffee cup that I had purchased for my mom as a gift from my kids. I just lost it. I have to get through Christmas for my kids but I feel the same way as you are feeling. My mom's Birthday is on December 14th and I feel like I won't be able to make it through the day.

One day at a time. One hour at a time when it get's to hurting too much. Keep in touch. I am sorry for the loss of your mom.

• Members

It is so normal to feel this way, it is good to feel the pain and to work through it I lost my Mum 2 years 11 months ago and my Dad 11 weeks ago. I cry at the drop of a hat. A song on the radio an advert for christmas on the tv an elderly man walking down the street, I am a mess but this is a process that we must go through, otherwise it will fester inside us, so you see it is good to feel that way we will eventually feel normal, in what ever form that takes. Be good to yourself and cry because three and a half months is no time compared to how long you had your Mum with you.

Archived