Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Her birthday

JimboRick

• Members

Today would have been my wife's 42nd birthday. She was always so good about making birthdays and holidays feel special. And today feels empty. I wish she was here so I could tell her "happy birthday". I wish I could give her a hug. I wish our son Ben would wake up, and I'd of course have to remind him that it's her birthday and make sure he tells her he loves her (he loved her so much). I wish....

• Members

i am so sorry. His Bday is coming up and i am worried about it. i just had mine, they were 3 weeks a part on the same day. Mine november 4th His November 25.

• Members

JimboRick, I'm sorry for the pain you are having. I had my Birthday in July and felt quite empty. Mary's Birthday is in January and I'm not looking forward to all the firsts. I have been trying to meet pain with prayer and the support of my friends and family. It is hard for me because it is all long distance support. I say surround yourself with family and loved ones and just take it 1 hour at a time. This is the advise that keeps being given to me, I plan to do my best with it. Just know we are here to help support you. Keep your chin up and know she is watching out for you.

Mike

• Members

Dear JImboRick, My heart aches for you and your son today as these times are so tough. Hold each other tightly and know good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I know things must get better for us someday,but I know all the first really hurt and can only hope it gets easier as time goes on. Peace to you, Marti

• Moderators

Also sorry JR - dealt with my first in July and was hard, though not as hard as other "special" days somehow - maybe because I was further along in the process. I tried to stay upbeat (as I knew she'd want) by doing or enjoying things we liked together, even simple things like watching some of our fav shows. Hope you fare as well as can be expected.

• Members

Jimborick, I know how hard it can be for you and your son. My husband passed away 9 days before his birthday and it was so hard for me. Kenny had before me well I guess you could say not good luck with his ex, one that only thought of herself not even their kids. So when we got together, everyday was special to us. Kenny could not believe I remembered his birthday, the day we got together, our first kiss and he got to where he remembered things and made them special. He said I brought back memories that families should have. His face on those days was like a kid on Christmas morning. Our anniversary was last month and that is when I lost it. The kids still are having a hard time just the other day one of my girls was upset because he will not be there when she graduates, It breaks my heart. Now I have learned that just because he is not here in body he is in spirit. I will continue to celebrate these days to celebrate Kenny and tho we do not have him here he is in our memories and heart. I hope things get better for all of us, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

• Members

I feel for you also and I am so sorry for those painful memories. It's like you have to remind yourself to breath all the time. Maybe in time they will become happy memories.

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Well happy birthday to your lovely wife where ever she is. I have an understanding of how hard it is. My hubby died 20th July, his birthday Aug 15th and today our 25th Wedding anniversary. All the wishes I wish would come true but I know I have no choice on what has happened. I hope you are ok and you do something with your son to cherish your amazing wife. Take Care

Archived