Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Dad

emmamarie

• Members

My Dad died from a heart attack almost 3 weeks ago. He was only 44. I feel robbed. He was too young. I'm only 23, I thought he'd be there when i got married and had children.

I don't think its properly sunk in yet.

• Members
stargazer5510

I'm so, so sorry. I hope when you're ready, you'll share more. Please be gentle and kind with yourself.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. It is so difficult but it does get easier. I hope you are doing okay.

• Members
Helpheartsheal

I am in a very similar situation...It was only 8 days before my 19th birthday when I lost my Dad. That was 2 years ago now. Since he passed I have completed college, got into University and got engaged. It is really hard to think he wont be there in person on those special days but I know he is there in spirit. Its really important you still think and talk about your Dad...My Dad was only 48 when he died and I experienced alot of strange feelings after his passing.

I was jealous of children that I saw with their parents...I thought that if they had their Dad then I should have them too...its wierd to explain unless you have been through it too.

I also got really angry with older people who lost their parent who was like 100 years old! They had all their lives with their Dad, and I only had 18 years. I totally understand how hard it is...I have been through the same thing.

I think we should talk more about it if you want to :)

Nice to talk to someone else in my position x

• Members

Dear helpheartsheal

Im so very sorry for your loss. May you be blessed with all the strength you need.

I lost my dad a yr ago. He was 69. A good age I suppose. Healthy and no one expected it. He just never woke up one morning. I did CPR for 30 mins until the Ambulance came and called it. I remember feeling a sense of calm knowing that I need to be strong for my family. I have been strong. And a yr later I find myself stuck. I feel like I have been robbed too. I am turning 26 on Sunday and since my dad has gone my mom has started seeing someone else. My brother has moved away and I am now left on my own in a big house. The emptiness and the loneliness is one of a measure indescribable. Although Ive accepted that he is no longer around, I know that he is with me. The days that I look forward to getting married and having children all seems so irrelevant when you have no family to share it with. I read books on how to deal with how I'm feeling and I suppose like they say it takes time. But until the time passes, you're left with that emptiness and somehow we find ways to fill that void. I've thought about seeing someone about it, but I am afraid my story will become knowledge to the wrong people. Hence, Ive found comfort in being an anonymous writer. I am sorry that all of you have had to go through this and I suppose it makes us stronger people but its doesn't come easy.

Love and Peace

z

• Members
ajlounyinjurylaw

I loved my daddy -- Im so sorry for your loss. It is a painful experience. I dont think there is a day where i dont think about my dad -- Im so silly i look for signs that he'll reach out to me from beyond.I still feel his presence. Stay strong.

• Members

My Dad also died 3 weeks ago on 11.11.2012 which was also my sister's birthday. He was only 68 and healthy and he died of an unknown virus which caused respiratory failure and kidney failure. I am 41 and I too feel robbed. I feel like a limb has been cut off... you still feel it but it's not there anymore... I'm so angry, sad, devastated... how do you get over something like this??? I don't know but I feel your pain...

Archived