Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Do I post too much or say the wrong things?

Mdanielson4

• Members

Feeling scared I post too much

It has been brought to my attention I may say too much on these boards. I could offend or make someone’s life worse. I don’t want to do that. I would like some feedback on this because it really is bothering me that I could have hurt someone’s feelings. I never want to hurt anyone or say the wrong thing so I am considering leaving the boards. I love you all and would feel terrible if I offended anyone.

Mike

• Members

Mike,

Please do not leave. I just joined and I have received much comfort from your posts. I would miss you.

Andrea

• Members

Dear Mike,

In my opinion you do not post too much. This site is suppose to be where you come to express you feelings. Whether it be to express how you are feeling or to comfort those who are in need. I enjoy reading your post, you have helped me alot by expressing you thoughts and letting me know I am not the only one going through them. I thank you and sometimes we all say things that are meant to helpful but come out wrong, but hey that makes us human. Please take care and don't go!!!! :wub: Thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!

• Members

Mike, I don't think you post too much nor have I ever seen anything you posted that seemed offensive. Hope you will stay.

Linda

• Members
mavericks_goose

Mike-----

I, for one, definitely do NOT think you post too much. I enjoy reading your posts, comments, and chatting with you in the chat room. I've gained so much comfort in the things you have spoken. There's times where it's like what you have written is coming from my very own heart and struggle over my losing Kyle. You bring much comfort, encouragement, and even a slight bit of joy in others' lives. Please stay!

• Members

Dear Mike, i can hardly believe you posted that. YOU STAY RIGHT HERE; WE NEED YOU! your shares, chats, comments, insights are helping many. you stay right here; like kackle said we need you; you need us.... hugs, val

• Members

well i guess we won, we get to keep you. whoever told you that wasn't man or woman enough to post here. I have been talking with you for a while and i know what a caring person you are,your a very smart man and like to help others, tthe person that wrote you does not know you.

• Members
stargazer5510

Wow. This is the last thing I expected to hear.

I am SO sorry anyone said such a wrong thing to you. Obviously, you are beloved here. Thank you for letting us know someone said that so we could tell you how we feel.

• Members

I truly love you all. I will continue to post and try to be more careful so I don't come off pushy. I think a few of you hit the nail on the head. I need all of you, in my opinion more than you probably need me.

Thank you so much for the kind words it made me feel much better.

Mike

• Members

MIke,

I am so sorry someone said something so wrong to you. You have never offended anyone, and in fact, you are a strong source of support for everyone. If you feel you've been attacked personally, please Private Message me and tell me about it.

We do not allow personal attacks in any shape or form here, but unfortunately, it does happen occasionally. Usually, a gentle reminder allows a person to correct their mistake and see how what they've said has perhaps unintentionally hurt someone else.

You've been great to have here, and I hope you continue to be a heavy poster!

ModKonnie

• Members

Thank you all,

I feel I owe you a little more clarification on what happened. It was not anyone from the forums here it was someone that saw me typing. She asked what this was so I told her. She then told me I had a lot of posts and that I should be careful because the people I was typing to are in a very delicate state of mind. I agreed, and told her I only wanted to help them and I feel it helps me too. She was just telling me to be cautious but it scared me that I could give some bad advice or hurt someone. I never want to do that, ever!!! I have felt so much self-satisfaction from the feedback you all have given me. I only ever wanted to share my own experiences to possibly help even one of you. I will continue on and appreciate all of the kind words you have given me. I love you all for sharing your most precious heart aching stories, while looking for peaceful and healing responses.

Mike

• Members

I think sometimes we all go off on our own tangents. So long as we listen just as much as we speak and respect that we are part of the pack that exists on here and not just here to keep attention on ourselves I think everything should be a-ok.

• Moderators

Thank you all,

I feel I owe you a little more clarification on what happened. It was not anyone from the forums here it was someone that saw me typing. She asked what this was so I told her. She then told me I had a lot of posts and that I should be careful because the people I was typing to are in a very delicate state of mind.

How could she not consider that you might be one of "those people?"

I'm sure she meant well but as you can see, no worries. I think people who have not been through something like this should be VERY cautious about their "advice." Not aimed at this person FYI, general observation...

• Members

I am proud to be associated with great people here. The support you give me and encouraging words mean a great deal to me at the hardest most difficult time in my life. The impact that has in my life is more than most can imagine. I truly appreciate every one of you. I sit here each night with a heavy heart and know I’m not alone with these emotions. When I felt overwhelmed in the past I would sit down and read your posts. They would touch my heart, I would cry and write. I want to only give encouragement and love. We all need it desperately and it is such a delicate time. When I can feel that I may have made a difference, even just a little it gives me some way to smile. In some way I want to take this tragedy in my life and make something positive to help someone. I want to make a difference; Mary would expect it from me. I’m sure this may sound corny but it is from the heart. You all mean the world to me!!!

Mike

Archived