Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here - lost my wife

JimboRick

• Members

My wife of almost 17 years, Julie, passed away on Sept. 11, 2012 (yes, that damn date). She'd been diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2010, and we found out it had already spread to her neck vertebrae and liver. She had the usual chemo and radiation and surgery. Brain mets showed up in January 2012. More radiation. And finally in late August she crashed from liver failure. She was one tough lady. We have one son (who just turned 12 and started 6th grade). I still can't believe it happened. She was only 41 and should be here for all the milestones of our son's life. We miss her so much.

post-301817-0-86718600-1351990211_thumb.

• Members

JimboRick,

I am so sorry for your loss! I know your pain. The people here have all experienced similar losses. I lost my wife of 32 years to lung cancer that spread to lymphoma to liver. It is a horrible disease and really hurts to go through what you are feeling. All I can tell you is that it is a great bunch of people here that truly care and I consider my second family. They all have helped me, cried with me, picked me up when I was down and helped me do my best with encouragement. I hope you can find some comfort here as well. I will pray for you and your family. Welcome and if you need someone to talk to message me or go to the chat room most of the time people are in and out of there.

Mike

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Hi Jimborick

Firstly your on the right site to get support. We are all feeling so much pain and missing our loved one. Mine is my hubby Ray of 31 years. Ray was a transplant patient so always complicated but we thought we were normal.

Your photo is beautiful. Its so good to have lovely photos to look at.

All I can say is hang in there, come onto chat room and utilise this wonderful site as we all do to get what we individually need out of it.

Take care

KD

• Members

Glad you're here. Like they say, this is a good place to come. I lost my husband to sudden heart failure in August, and without this place, not sure what i would do.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you can find some help here, too.

• Members

I lost my husband to a massive heart attack while we were on vacation with our 14 year old. We watched him suffer and pass right before our eyes. The anger and pain sometimes feel overwhelming and I do my best to take a step back so I don't hurt anyone with my feelings. It's hard. Then we need to be strong for our kids, I can't do that all the time. I think in a way it helps my son by seeing I miss him as well.

He was 46 and passed Aug 22, 2012.

The hardest part is that life goes on, you so want it to stop till your ready to hop back on.

• Members
stargazer5510

So sorry for your tremendous loss. I'm glad you found your way here.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

• Moderators

JR, very sorry about your loss, my thoughts and prayers to you and your son in this impossible time. Your son makes it harder in some ways obviously but yet he will be your saving grace at the same time. tc and this place is here for whatever help it and we can give.....

• Members

My prayer and thoughts are with you and your son!!! As everyone has stated you came to the right site, everyone here has been so helpful and understanding here, I lost my husband August the 7th he was only 49, way too young. His illness was short and we never expected anything like this. He was having a procedure to see if he had lung cancer and ended up having a cardiac arrest. Kenny fought hard after, but he was down for 45 minutes before they brought him back so he had no brain activity. The hardest thing to do was to sit there and watch him knowing he was going to die but just not know when. He was the love of my life and even tho he was not the biological father to my children he was their father since their real one never had anything to do with them, He was there for nightmares, school functions, playing around well you know all the parenting stuff. Kenny gave so much of his self and time to others just seems so unfair. I hope and pray you find peace as we are all trying to find!!

• Members

JimboRick,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 32 years to brain cancer and i know the devastation and pain you feel. Coming here helps me a lot and I believe you will find it helpful too. My prayers are with you and your son.

Linda

Archived