Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Help! I found 2 old voicemails from my husband on my iphone today.

clerky96

• Members

They were from last April, before the brain tumor got really bad, and when he was still feeling good. They were both short messages to me, but he wasn't a man of many words. He sounded so happy in the first one, almost like he was laughing, and okay in the second one. It has only been 18 days since I lost him, and he hadn't really talked for a couple of weeks before that. Even before then, he wasn't saying much. I feel happy to have them, but I think it is making me even sadder (if that is possible). I have felt kind of sick ever since I heard them, but I can't help listening to them time and time again. I am going to try to download them onto my computer, and then onto a cd or a zip drive so they are never lost. How would you feel about this?

• Members
mavericks_goose

They were from last April, before the brain tumor got really bad, and when he was still feeling good. They were both short messages to me, but he wasn't a man of many words. He sounded so happy in the first one, almost like he was laughing, and okay in the second one. It has only been 18 days since I lost him, and he hadn't really talked for a couple of weeks before that. Even before then, he wasn't saying much. I feel happy to have them, but I think it is making me even sadder (if that is possible). I have felt kind of sick ever since I heard them, but I can't help listening to them time and time again. I am going to try to download them onto my computer, and then onto a cd or a zip drive so they are never lost. How would you feel about this?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a few voicemails of Kyle's and while I've only been able to listen to one of them and couldn't even listen to the full length of it without losing it completely and having to hang up I want to keep them. I have hundreds of letters written to me from him that I read often and save them in his fireproof/waterproof safe box. This pain does get sickening or at least it feels that way and in a way listening to their voice, reading emails/texts or letters, is a sense of healing and helping because it's their own personal words....not the words we remember them voicing in casual every day conversation but something that is save worthy of their choice of words they chose to put into a saving way.

I have been trying to figure out how to download the 3 voicemails I have from Kyle (my fiance'). I know of others that have done this same thing, but I can't figure out how to get it from my cell phone to the computer.....if you have any ideas (it's not a smartphone) let me know.

• Members
stargazer5510

Hi. I saved Gene's incoming voicemail message and I have three other messages to me. I wish I would have saved more. I found an on-line service called RecordiaPro. You can call a number and it will start recording. You dial the voicemail and listen to the messages and they'll be digitally recorded in a file. It is stored on their server and you can download it. I only know about it because I searched frantically in a daze one night for some way to save these messages. He always ended his messages with I love you. In two of them he uses our pet name for each other. He's bright and funny in the oldest one and sick and struggling in the last.

There have been a few times when I have just really NEEDED to hear his voice. Hearing him say, "I love you" sometimes pierces my heart and sometimes soothes it.

• Moderators

If nothing else, simply have your computer mic (laptops nowdays often have them built in, but you can buy one at wal-mart for about $8 if needed) set up, use the Windows sound recorder, and put your phone on speakerphone while the recorded message is playing and save it that way.........

Archived