Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

recieved Matthew's urn yesterday:

caitlyncolfels

• Members
caitlyncolfels

finally recieved matthew's urn yesterday...i think things are truly starting to set in, and i feel really devastated that someone i've loved and spent 6 years of my life with will be in this urn...it's sickening and i hate that...a human body, someone you love, cuddle with touch and everything is just in ashes, and that's all that im left with.

post-301557-0-88546500-1351866957_thumb.

• Members
stargazer5510

I remember that day. I couldn't stop sobbing from the time we left the house until we got home. And then I didn't know what to do with the ashes. It was a horrible day. I still get a hollow feeling when I look at the container. I want to take them to the Grand Canyon. But that trip may not happen. I don't want them in a container. It just doesn't sit well somehow.

I'm so sorry for this tough day. ((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for all the pain you are feeling. I wish I could say more, but right now, I just can't. I'm glad you came here, it helps to talk with people here, at least it does for me. I'll be thinking about you, and wishing you peace.

• Members
caitlyncolfels

stargazer5510 & silvergirl61 -

i know i do feel hollow, that's a really good word to describe how im feeling, i know i just keep staring at it really thinking is that really him? it blows my mind...

• Members

Dear Caitlyn, I am so sorry for your loss!! My heart and prayers are with you and all in our that has suffered a loss!! I had Kenny for almost 12 years before he was taking away from me. We had the puppy love and never lost it. I had the same feelings about Kenny because I had Kenny cremated to and decided not to get a traditional urn. I picked a real pretty simple black bix that has 3 places on top that I put his pictures in. Kenny had wanted to be cremated so I gave him his wish. I also got pretty heart necklace to put some of his ashes so I could keep him close to me at all times, I also found a website where they sold urn necklaces so that way the kids and his family could have a part of him to. I know how hard it is to look at the ashes and think is this really my love of my life but then I know that is his body not his spirit. He will always be in my thoughts and in my heart forever. I cleaned of the top of his dresser and put him in the middle of it with his prize possession around him. so everytime I walk by I can talk to him. He wanted some of his ashes spread over his grandma and grandpa grave, which hopefully one day I will have the money to get there to do. I will always have him here but it just feels funny not having a tombstone , so I decided I was going to get one and put it in our yard by his shop in his memory and spread some of his ashes there because he built it with his hands and spent so much time there. He loved working on his vehicles and everyone else's. Again my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Archived