Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Projected Wedding Date...How Do I Cope?!

mavericks_goose

• Members
mavericks_goose

Kyle passed away on July 3rd 2012, we were due to be married on December 1st, 2012 (the day before my birthday which is December 2). I have that whole ugly weekend to go through now knowing that our plans we had made are never going to happen and that December 1st will now represent an anniversary that was not allowed to be. I don't know what to do that weekend, I know I'm going to be a horrible wreck with it being that of our wedding weekend and my first birthday without him.....I don't know what to do but I know that if I don't come up with something to turn that weekend from what will be a projected ugly weekend into a weekend that I'll be able to honor in his memory somehow for the rest of my life, I know that I'll continue through this life looking at it in a negative way and I don't want to do that. Are there any thoughts or ideas of what I could potentially do to help make that weekend better to bear and easier to survive as well as marking it as close to as memorable as it was originally meant to be?

post-300553-0-05270000-1351604511_thumb.

post-300553-0-64063000-1351604546_thumb.

post-300553-0-25205400-1351604560_thumb.

post-300553-0-84458400-1351604582_thumb.

post-300553-0-17223000-1351604597_thumb.

post-300553-0-22614500-1351604615_thumb.

• Members

Lacy-

I found this post, and i will honestly give some thought to ideas for you. You are right, you could make it a memorable weekend, and a positive one, with some planning. Talk to you soon. Silver

• Members
stargazer5510

Gorgeous shoes!!!

Wow. It would be my inclination, I think, to want to put those shoes on and go out and try to build a positive memory for the day. Kind of in the vein of "fake it till you make it".

Your idea of marking the day in a special way is a good one. It's something my nurse practitioner, Vanessa, suggested. She lost her brother and she and her mother mark his birthday, etc., by getting together for lunch and remembering.

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

We'll be here if you need us.

• Members
mavericks_goose

I was thinking of just getting all dolled up in my wedding dress and things but where would i go or what would i do in such an outfit on a day that would be projected as a normal day to the normal average person but would be a day that was suppose to be significant for me and him? I'm not sure what to do....I live in a small town not like we have clubs or anything here....I'm in the middle of the boondocks in the middle of nowhere......I'm just not sure what to do.

• Members
stargazer5510

Can you get out of town for a couple of days?

I know this is tough. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

• Members

Dear Laci: I understand this will be probably the toughest of weekends for you. I'll and we'll be here for you...for me, and this is just for me, i'd try to get out of town, do anything but sit in it and dwell. stay on the phone, skype, do anything but focus on your gorgeous dress. i don't know. I do know that you are coming at it with the right attitude , to make it memorable and honor Kyle. I just don't know what to say. Jerry and I were going to get married on my birthday in January, did I ever tell you that? I don't think I did. So I can relate entirely. God Bless You and let me think about this some more. I just saw your post dear one... with hugs and love, val

Archived