Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here today

nancy7282

• Members

Hello all,

I was sitting here feeling so isolated I decided to look for a support group, and here I am. I lost my husband 8/6/12 to lung cancer after a 10 month battle, and I seem to be feeling worse instead of better each day. We

were together since we were 14yrs old, married for 46 years, just a great relationship. He was just everything to me, and I miss him beyond description. I know it has nothing to do with what he had, but he was such a

big rugged strong guy, it's sometimes hard to believe he had this and died. I am just so lost without him. I am hoping to find some support here, maybe just some ways to lessen the pain, someone to listen.

Thanks so much,

Nancy7282

• Members

HI Nancy

Lost my man one month ago today killed himself. It is hard to deal with the loss I know last 6 days have been really hard for me. There is not anything in this world to fix our broken hearts. You will get through

this in time. I will be praying for you. I know God's grace will carry us through. When it gets really hard remember the foot prints in the sand. We have our beautiful memories and we are never alone.

God Bless you and your family

Shirley

• Members

Nancy, We are all on here for the same reason..the loss of a loved one. I lost my son on Aug.15th and it has been a nightmare. I have some pictures in my gallary and you are welcome to look at them. I keep thinking why me!!!! I was suppose to go before any of my children and now my oldest daughter has cancer and has been going for treatments. God forbid if I should lose her, I don't know what I would do. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard for me to know that my 30 yr. old son is gone..he was my best friend. He went so suddenly that I never got the chance to say i love you son and him kissing me on the cheek and saying I love you mom. This has almost destroyed me, but I have my 2 other girls and grandchildren to think about. Please keep posting on here, it does help. Even if you just read the posts, you may not feel like it helps, but it does. This site has saved my life! I will end this now as i am crying!!!!

• Members

Dear Nancy,

I was with you in chat this morning. You are easy to talk to and have come to the right place. My husband died on July 5 2012, almost four months now. I feel different every day. The load will get a little lighter for you. You have certainly found an excellent site to share your thoughts and get good caring feedback, if that's what you want. We're also all good listeners. You say it seems to be 'getting worse'. What I found was that , initially, i was in such a state of shock, the doctor explained our bodies have natural pain killers, when something traumatic happens. i know i slept almost round the clock the first nine days. After that, things are a blur of two months. Now, with the proper antidepressants I'm getting where I can work through a full day. I know it's hard, but try and, get enough rest and eat healthy. See your doctor if you feel you need to. I did.

I will keep you iin my thoughts and prayers, God Bless You, Val

• Members
UnderHis Wings

Hello all,

I was sitting here feeling so isolated I decided to look for a support group, and here I am. I lost my husband 8/6/12 to lung cancer after a 10 month battle, and I seem to be feeling worse instead of better each day. We

were together since we were 14yrs old, married for 46 years, just a great relationship. He was just everything to me, and I miss him beyond description. I know it has nothing to do with what he had, but he was such a

big rugged strong guy, it's sometimes hard to believe he had this and died. I am just so lost without him. I am hoping to find some support here, maybe just some ways to lessen the pain, someone to listen.

Thanks so much,

Nancy7282

Nancy, I'm sorry you, too, have to go through this. In 2000, my husband's brother died of lung cancer in Norton, MA. He was a big, rugged guy. My husband was there to watch him take his last breath.Then in May, my husband was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma. He passed away in September. I was so distressed that I hunted for and found this site before he died.

I've lost 2 sister's to cancer, and I don't think my younger, alchoholic sister will be around much longer. She only weighs 90 pounds. It's heartbreaking.

God bless you.

UnderHisWings

• Members

Nancy,

I am so sorry for you loss, I can relate to how you are feeling. I lost my loving wife of 32 years on May 16th of this year. I also lost my Mother March 24th of this year. It leaves you feeling numb. In many ways it is so hard to describe the pain. Millions of needles to a throbbing pain in my chest, I hate that I am alone now. Unfortunately I have no family close to me. I count on this site more than most people realize. My wife and I went to see the Dr. last December 9th 2011, the tests were back and the results were so hard to hear. I have no doubt that I blocked it out and just held her. She looked right at the Dr. and said; “I’m not ready to quit, what can we do to fight this?” She went into the Hospital that day and we started our fight. We were led to believe we had and average of 19 months to fight this battle. It was a very short 5 months. There is no way you can tell someone you love so much everything in 5 months. If I only had some more time!!! I miss her so! I cannot control my emotions even now. I just continue to try and heal. I think this wound is too out of control some days. I wish I had answers, all I can tell you is everyone is different. This site I have found everyone wants to help and they all are great listeners. Sometimes I get selfish and forget that others need my help too. I feel bad when I realize that I am being that way and try to help others. I love the people here and want to make a difference. If there is anything I can do please let me know?

Mike

Archived