Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This is so wrong.

Mdanielson4

• Members

We were supposed to grow old together. We were supposed to raise our kids together. She is missing out on what was supposed to be the best parts of our lives. The little boys should have a mommy. She should be here for the big boys to lean on. Our first grandson was born a few weeks ago. She should be here to see him. He will never know her.

I've had a great weekend with the boys, trying to do what is best for them, making sure they are getting the most out of life. Yet, the whole time i keep wishing she was here to share it with us.

I feel blessed to have my boys. I have so much more than some others. So I am embarassed to even write this. I know I should be greatful, but I just feel like everyone has been robbed. The kids, her, our grandson, the future that we were supposed to have together.

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I don't think you should be embarrassed. Jesus wept. We're all blessed, but we also feel pain. Life feels very strange to me right now. I couldn't go out to dinner with our daughter on our wedding anniversary because I knew I would cry thinking that he was supposed to be there with me.

I was reading a book(fiction) and some of the characters in the story are dealing with the loss of a brother and friend who was murdered. Sometimes we don't know the reasons that we experience the trials that we do.

God bless you. And God bless us --- everyone.

• Members
stargazer5510

Please don't be embarrassed. I don't think anyone has it any easier than anyone else. All of our circumstances are different, but the loss is always profound.

(((((((big hugs))))))))))) Take care.

• Moderators

Very sorry 5, I can only imagine...as the others said, you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, of course. There's no "good way" about this or "better" situation to be in this kind of loss per se. Yes, you are blessed with your kids which others (eg, me) don't have, but you also suffer pains I never will as far as her not being around to see the younger ones grow up, etc. Both have their "better" and "worse" aspects, for lack of a better way to put it. And I admit sometimes that I selfishly feel like people like you are so much luckier because you have your kids, but really in moments of less self-pity and more objectivity, I know that, again, your pains aren't less or more per se, just different. Basically we're all in the same kind of horrible choppy sea, even if the waves look a little different (if I thought about it more I could probably come up with a better analogy...). Hang in there, you and all.

• Members

Don’t be embarrassed that is why we write in these forums, none of us judge. We all have common ground when it comes to the grief of our loved ones. Sharing our feelings and stories helps each of us heal. By showing understanding and giving encouragement is what we are all about. I for one am very appreciative for the wise words I have found here. I too have been angry that my wife is not here to share the experiences with our family. I try to think of the things she would want me to do. It is hard to keep my mind in a good place at times but the people here help me. Contact me if I can help.

Mike

Archived