Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loise Frost

• Members

It has been 9 months since my Love departed and though the I am not as broken as I was months ago...I still can't help but think, why and why me?

There are so many evil people is this life and yet they keep on living

There are so many man made diseases but yet no cure

Death is so final...when you're gone, you are gone. Since my loss I can't help but wonder if I will ever see him again. Is there truly an afterlife or heaven?

I can't help but feel that once we die...that is it.

• Members

Loise Frost,

I certainly can understand your doubts and fears, I have them too. I have convinced myself that faith has to help me through. I lost my wife last May 16th to lung cancer. Is it fair? No! Do I find anything good about it? No! How can I cope? That was my question. How can I live with myself and she is gone? The real question is what would Mary want me to do? I’m not sure but I think about it constantly and look for any signs that she could be giving me. I lived for her and would have done anything for her. She was my everything! I wish I could have one more moment, but I know that would turn into more and more. I don’t want to be apart from her. We were suppose to spend eternity together. I don’t want to give up on that. I get in the car and when I have the radio on I hear her song and break down crying. I feel so vulnerable without her. I have no doubt a part of me died with her. I changed when she died. I am not the same person. I’m lost!

Mike

• Members

I was sitting here a little while ago, and I was crying, and wondering about that very thing..is there really another chance? Is there something after this? Will I ever be with my love again?

Please don't take this wrong, or as an attack- it is only a thought that came to me, and it stopped my tears, and I am not sure where it came from, or whose voice I heard. But a man's voice said clearly- "and if there is no afterlife, and this is the end, what then?"

And my mind instantly answered, then that's when all this pain will end, forever. And I will never know, any of the answers to these questions, but it won't matter anymore, then, either.

Strangely enough, I am ok with that. If this is all there is, and there is nothing after this, and I die, and it's all over... I will no longer worry about these things.

Then the voice asked " So why are you worrying about them now?"

And my mind didn't have an answer to that one.

But if I choose to believe, that this is not the end, that he will be waiting for me on the other side, and that we won't ever have to leave each other again? And if my heart pictures him happy, and well, and waiting patiently for me to catch up? If it whispers to me, that there is no fear to death, but only a transition, and a loved one to take my hand on the other side of the journey, and welcome me back? I feel peace, and hope.

I can also live with that. So I guess that I have to decide which I choose to believe..and either way, there is nothing to fear.

Just one way of looking at things...but I feel like a weight lifted off my chest.

I think I'd rather look forward to the time when goodbye is just a word from another lifetime, and let that worry go for awhile. If it comes back.. I can come read this again, and maybe it will give me peace one more time. Who knows?

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

I definately believe in this but it is not for everyone.My husband died 3 months ago and I cannot begin to tell you the peace he is bringing me though signs or just hearing his guidance. A lot of people will go "phh" but it is comforting and guiding me each day. I am so calm and yes I still cry a lot but I have this feeling of Ray still with me most of the time. It is odd but I believe we go somewhere else and whatever and where ever that takes us I am not sure. As why they take people so precious - no one knows but all we can do is hang onto those wonderful memories and cherish what we had with lots of love and smiles.

• Members

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this since my Stevie died in March. I've wished good and hard for things that I felt were contacts from him, but they have been rare, the feeling of a blanket being drawn over me in the middle of that first night when I was crying my heart out, a phone call that came in the first day after that never completely connected and included sounds like very distant phone calls used to make, ideas that came to me and made me feel better at times when I was feeling very bad. My Stevie's life included so much bad luck and suffering (mean drunk dad, schizophrenic mom, group home at 15, on his own at 18, waiting on Okinawa to go into VN when the war ended, 7 years of homelessness, and a bunch more) that it seems beyond simply unfair that he should die at 57 after going through two hip replacements and working so hard to stay in this world having found happiness with me. 14 years seems like not nearly enough. Surely he should have another shot, another better life. We found each other too late to have children, and have always promised each other that we we would come back together to do that and to have younger times together. I used to be a scientist, and am aware that there really is specific scientific evidence of afterlife, though certainly not conclusive. There used to be a professor at UVA who researched instances of Indian (India Indian) children who exhibited great knowledge of someone who had recently died that they shouldn't have known anything at all about, right down to claiming to lived at a house other than their own and claiming the woman at that house was their wife. I know about the light at the end of the tunnel experience with the people that you love at the other end. It also seems to me very wasteful to create souls and then cut them off just when they're getting a handle on how to live. I am Jewish, and the belief of one soul split that comes back together in a marriage resonates with me. Since I find it hard to imagine maybe 30 more years without the kind of love I had finally found with Steve, I consider whether maybe I would marry again, and then I ponder how the powers that be sort that out in an afterlife, and for that matter in the kind of reincarnation Steve and I envisioned. If you are greeted by your loved ones when you die, does that indicate against reincarnation? Or if you wait around for your loved ones to die, do you wait until each and every one who knew and loves you die before you're reincarnated? And what if that waiting time is vastly different for your soulmate? My latest version is two halves of a soul living happily together in afterlife, and every once in a while, taking a reincarnation holiday. (Where shall we go this time? Japan? Africa? or shall we take separate reincarnations this time and see how the powers sort out bringing us together?) I'm rather fond of that one at the moment. Maybe we get a choice. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm an optimist. I do believe in what I call "the powers that be" without specifying anything about them. I go back to the story of the five blind men examining the elephant and each one having his own (incomplete, and thus wrong) opinion of what the elephant was like. I sort of think of humans "examining" God as the same sort of thing, and very much trust my powers to sort it all out better than I can.

• Members

No Loise, you have to believe there's life after death, when my daughter died Sept. 11, 2012 I was mad at God, and yes I'm still don't understand why our God took my Michelle, she was so good loved life, Michelle couldn't wait for her birthday party that was Sept. 24,2012 plus so much more she was ready to do...She was an anazing beautiful soul... I believe God has a plan for all of us before our birth, Michelle choose me to be her parent as I choose her to be my daughter, we had a bond of love and spiritually and was connected...I know my Michelle went straight to heaven and that one day we will be together again, that would be so special.. Yes believe, you have to have faith and know that God has a plan for all of us..and yes,. I ask why God, did you do this to me.. was I a good mother, a good provider ,did I love Michelle enough, did I hug her enough, did I spend time quility time with my Michelle , did you take her away from me because I wasn't good enough for my Michelle, Why God!!!! I was beating myself, and I still do. But I know my Michelle would not want me to suffer this way, but to remember the good times, her beautiful smile, laughter, how she loved sports specially NBA Spurs, her animals her brother her life, and thank God for the blessing in having such an angel for 30 years, thank you God.. Oh I miss my Michelle so much, the pain is unbearable, but I believe and I have faith, my Michelle said to me, mommy don't cry so much I haven't left you, I'm right beside you always, I love you mommy, we will be together again.. Please pray and believe that our God is loving God who loves you and all..

• Members
BreathofAngel

It has been 9 months since my Love departed and though the I am not as broken as I was months ago...I still can't help but think, why and why me?

There are so many evil people is this life and yet they keep on living

There are so many man made diseases but yet no cure

Death is so final...when you're gone, you are gone. Since my loss I can't help but wonder if I will ever see him again. Is there truly an afterlife or heaven?

I can't help but feel that once we die...that is it.

Dear Loise,

Very warm greetings to you! First of all, I want to let you know that I am very sorry for the physical loss of your boyfriend. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Since the subject of your posting is "Afterlife", and I speak extensively on that very subject matter, I wanted to offer my thoughts to you. You are right in that there are many evil people in this life and many dis-eases have no cure. However, that goes back to a time when dis-obedience was committed by one Adam and Eve. Since that time the world has turned into utter chaos with the introduction of dis-eases into our life. But that is the product of our own doing. You see, without a pattern of adhering to the laws of God, people become broken and when they are broken the real problems start for the world.

I will strongly but respectfully disagree with you when you say that "death" is so final. Actually, it is not final at all (other than we will no longer be incarnate in a physical body) but rather it is a stepping stone into a new life called the Afterlife as your topic reads. Today, there is more than ever overwhelming evidence of the existence of the Afterlife! To date, many learned people with doctorates have written and spoken about this matter with great knowledge and confidence that is unexcelled. How can they be so sure you may ask? Because some of those very doctors have had what is called a NDE (or Near-Death Experience) where they were either in a coma or were pronounced "dead" before they were revived. During that time of 'absence' they went on to experience many things that this world has not had much knowledge of. And when they 'returned' they came back to inform us, with great qualification, that there indeed is an Afterlife as well as a Heaven!

Currently, there is a great article in NEWSWEEK that is the talk of not only this country but internationally about a neurosurgeon who experienced the Afterlife after his comatose state, and being a doctor, he was naturally skeptical about such things but decided to reveal what actually happened to him in the Afterlife dimension that he was in before his return. Others, and they number in the MILLIONS, have written similar pieces including members of the general public who are not doctors but who nevertheless experienced the Afterlife after a close encounter with "death". Notice I always use quotations when writing the word 'death' simply because there is no death. We simply leave our physical body and step right into our Spiritual body at that very moment of transition from one life form to the next. It is akin to a butterfly being in a cocoon and then emerging as a new creature completely independent of the cocoon. Likewise, will we shed our 'cocoon', that is our physical body, and then reemerge as a beautiful 'butterfly', as it were, with our new Spiritual Body. This is a promise that God has made to us that is in the Holy Bible.

But for those who are non-Christians or non-Believers, there is also information for you! It is based on empirical evidence of the Afterlife! As a devout Christian I may not always embrace everything said but it is nevertheless well worth reading! Each Friday an Australian lawyer by the name of Dr. Victor Zammit, sends out his "Friday Afterlife Report." It can be obtained simply by requesting it of him by e-mail. It contains items that leading skeptics have been unable to refute concerning the existence of the Afterlife! Dr. Zammit is a learned lawyer, author, and teacher who has devoted much of his time and life to reveal what he knows about the Afterlife through his research, attendance on Afterlife functions, and interviews of world leading experts in that field. That is why he is able to bring us 'empirical evidence' of the Afterlife. He also has a wonderful book that is entitled "A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife - Irrefutable Objective Evidence" It goes on to give an account in it's "Special feature: What happens when you die."

I cannot too strongly urge all of you to get this book from Dr. Zammit. It is thorough, well-researched and replete and is making great headway in the world with evidence for the Afterlife. I could of course, go on and on about this wonderful and fascinating subject that I have studied for many years and write about. In fact, this forum has its own special section on the Afterlife because it's just that important to know about!

You can find it at the main page by scrolling downward a little until you find this:

SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS (as the main topic)

(and the subtopic) ADCs, Visions & Dreams

That section contains much more information and comforting words from those who have experienced similar things, and I often write on Afterlife matters there as well.

http://forums.grievi...visions-dreams/

But now, for those who wish to take advantage of the 'Friday Afterlife Report', here's how you can get on Victor's list: Go to the following website and if you are interested in receiving his weekly Excellent report, you can subscribe from within that webpage!

VICTOR J. ZAMMIT

A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife: http://victorzammit.com/week6bless/

Here's my prayer for many blessings in your life, Loise, and that you find the peace that you are truly deserving of! I know that with God's help and guidance you can and you will find that peace! May God bless you always!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Those in spirit still wish to communicate with us as we do with them.

Watch for the signs that are ever subtle but nevertheless present! -- BreathofAngel

• Members

I truly, with all my heart and especially my soul believe that there is an afterlife. I know we don't have all the details, but dependent on your religion, you have an idea.

I personally believe that this life on earth is the shortest part of our journey. A place where we grown, where our destiny or our "hour" is already written. And when we pass, we go home... when we get there we will know that we were there once before and back with our father.

I know that not everyone will feel the same way as I do, but for me it gives me hope, a little bit of peace.

I can only attribute it to all the things in my life I thought I wanted or needed and God had a different plan for me that ended up so much better than even I could have dreamed up.

Why wouldn't that be the same now? Does it hurt? More than anything I have ever experienced in my life. But I will tell you this, I have grown from this, I have changed the person I was and I have renewed my faith.

Maybe some of you will think I am silly, but I believe. It gets me through everyday, without it I wouldn't make it.

Archived