Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my wife...now her cat is going down hill fast

lawnranger

• Members

I just lost my wife, and her cat also lost his partner. I'm still going thru the guilt of turning the ventalator off for my wife. She had perment brain damage. Now I'm faced with the delema of putting him down. He's not eating and getting very thin. He can bearly meow. I can see him getting weaker.He always used his litter box now I smell pee in the basement. I can't go thru this again, having another family member go so soon. He slept with her thru her 5 years of illnesses and comforted her when I was at work. I feel that I failed to kept my wife safe and didn't. Now I have to decide, do I let him pass on his own or take him in and have him put down. I hate death so much!!! Alone and confused.........

• Members

maybe give the pet to a older child would help it to eat can give it the will to live and some one to live for again

• Members

maybe give the pet to a older child would help it to eat can give it the will to live and some one to live for again

I don't know, I think he's old and his time is coming. It's just so close to lousing my wife that makes it hard.

• Members

So sorry to hear about the death of your wife .i am sure you did all you could for your wife.my son too died and was on the ventilator his

Brain died and I had to decide to do what was best for him and what he wanted which was to donate his organs so others could live.sometimes doing what is so very hard for you but you know is the best thing to do for your loved one is heartbreaking.many pets seem to fail after their owners die especially older ones maybe they long to be near the one they loved and think they still need to stay near to them even after they are gone.if you think your cat is suffering take her to the vet and let him advise you.whatever you decide to do ,I am sure it will be out of love for your pet and wife.and they will be together on the other side.

Archived