Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don't feel anything

Daffodilfun

• Members

My mom died 7 months ago. My cousin died suddenly yesterday. What if funny is that I feel anything. No sadness, no grief, no anger, nothing. I am not even grieving for my mom, which has consumed me for 7 months.

I was working as a volunteer at a no kill animal shelter. I was lined up for an interview for a great job of which I was told I was VERY qualified (I have been out of work almost 3 years). I was going to start volunteering at the local hospital. I was walking 2 miles a day. I have lost over 40 pounds. And then BAM...I tore my rotator cuff and am looking at a few weeks of therapy followed by surgery. It has put my life on hold again.

Just when I think everything is going to be OK the rug is pulled out from under me and I don't feel anything. Funny isn't it?

• Members
BreathofAngel

Hello Daffodilfun!

What you are describing, Spirit says, could be due to the propensity of the moment. You could subconsciously be trying to block that which you prefer not to face now and have, in effect, brought that thought to the forefront of your mind to act as the catalyst for your present experience.

May God bless you and help you on your path!

------------------------------------------

Life truly becomes what YOU make of it!

Whatever your experience is exists because

it was or is In Your Mind! -- BreathofAngel

• Members
kristaleighbird

I don't really know that you're trying to block anything. I think you're just going through the motions. I think that, sometimes, life overwhelms us, and it gets to be too much, so we get to a point where we don't feel any of it. We finally get to a point where "It is what it is". I felt that way the first week after my dad passed. Everyone was blubbering around me, and I just felt nothing. And I don't think there's anything wrong with it or anything funny about it. You can't control you're feelings. They'll come when they come. And when they do, we're all here to talk.

Archived