Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of a BEST FRIEND....

ModKonnie

• Members
kandicepamforeverfriends

I lost my dearest best friend 7-14-12 in a car wreck. I do not know how to go on. I have no other friends like her. She and I were like soul mates. We knew each others secrets and fears etc. Its so bad at times. I have to stay medicated allday to work and many sleeping pills to just knock me out at night or I will NOT sleep. I hate nite time. Its the worse.

• Members

Kandicepam,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend. You've taken a good step forward in reaching out for help. Would you consider looking for a grief and loss self help group in your area? Many spiritual centers and/or community centers have them. Or, perhaps you may want to consider a counselor that can help you sort through some feelings?

Talking about how you feel, writing down how you feel, writing letters to your lost loved one, are all ways you can help yourself to deal with this horrible tragedy.

If you'd like to tell us what happened during the accident, we'd be more than willing to listen. How long were you friends? Does she have a family you can reach out to? Got any pics of you together?

We are thinking about you,

ModKonnie

Archived