Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

he became an angel January 17, 2012

yalvarado

• Members

post-300115-0-91081400-1348528760_thumb.I miss my daddy, a lot. It's been 8 months since he left & I feel numb. Before I felt his death was just a dream, but now I feel as if he were just a dream, an illusion. It seems as though he never really existed. My doctor had me on anti-depressants, the worst thing you can be put on, & I felt horrible but then I guess you can say a bit better. My mom even noticed a difference in me. A few days ago I quit taking them, I hate them so much. I've noticed I've gotten way more emotional, I think the pills made me store away my sadness & now that I'm off them, I have released them & it's not pretty. Anyways, my dad was trying to thwart a robbery around the corner from a store where he worked part time and he ended up getting shot in the head. I saw him, on the floor lying in his blood. It was the most horrible thing anyone could ever see. Their parent, lying on the floor trying to get up because he hears you screaming his name. The police wouldn't let me go to him, because he was freaking out and that was bad for him.My little sister saw him too, matter of fact, she was the one who discovered he had been shot. He was rushed to the hospital and fell into a coma right away. Right away the doctor's gave us no hope for him, but we never gave up & neither did my dad, not until a few days later. January 16, at night, doctors informed us that my dad had made some movement on his own & that when we talked to him, his heart would beat faster. We were all overjoyed because we thought my dad was going to make it. We went home, rested, & showered to go give him company the next day. January 17, morning, I walk down the hospital corridor and everyone was crying. "What's going on?" I thought to myself. Then I saw that my mom was crying really hard. I asked her what was wrong & she said that my dad didn't make it. My dad was dead. I really don't remember what I did at that moment but I remember being on the floor hysterically crying. I couldn't help it. My dad was gone and there was nothing I could do about it nor anyone else.

post-300115-0-67458000-1348528739_thumb.

Rest In Peace Jorge Alvarado

April 12, 1968~January 17, 2012

<3

• Members

post-300115-0-91081400-1348528760_thumb.I miss my daddy, a lot. It's been 8 months since he left & I feel numb. Before I felt his death was just a dream, but now I feel as if he were just a dream, an illusion. It seems as though he never really existed. My doctor had me on anti-depressants, the worst thing you can be put on, & I felt horrible but then I guess you can say a bit better. My mom even noticed a difference in me. A few days ago I quit taking them, I hate them so much. I've noticed I've gotten way more emotional, I think the pills made me store away my sadness & now that I'm off them, I have released them & it's not pretty. Anyways, my dad was trying to thwart a robbery around the corner from a store where he worked part time and he ended up getting shot in the head. I saw him, on the floor lying in his blood. It was the most horrible thing anyone could ever see. Their parent, lying on the floor trying to get up because he hears you screaming his name. The police wouldn't let me go to him, because he was freaking out and that was bad for him.My little sister saw him too, matter of fact, she was the one who discovered he had been shot. He was rushed to the hospital and fell into a coma right away. Right away the doctor's gave us no hope for him, but we never gave up & neither did my dad, not until a few days later. January 16, at night, doctors informed us that my dad had made some movement on his own & that when we talked to him, his heart would beat faster. We were all overjoyed because we thought my dad was going to make it. We went home, rested, & showered to go give him company the next day. January 17, morning, I walk down the hospital corridor and everyone was crying. "What's going on?" I thought to myself. Then I saw that my mom was crying really hard. I asked her what was wrong & she said that my dad didn't make it. My dad was dead. I really don't remember what I did at that moment but I remember being on the floor hysterically crying. I couldn't help it. My dad was gone and there was nothing I could do about it nor anyone else.

post-300115-0-67458000-1348528739_thumb.

My Dearest (((((((YAlvarado))))))),

It is with great compassion that I reach out to you at this time to offer my condolences on the physical passing of your beloved Dad.

What you have said has touched me in a very special way. Obviously your Dad loved/loves you and the rest of the family very much. I know it is difficult for you to be going through this matter at present as it is for many of us with our own loved ones. But one thing you must remember, dearheart, is that your dear Dad passed away in a heroic manner. As you say, he was trying to stop the crime that was being committed. At this time you need to remember the good times you had with him and reflect on nothing but goodness and the love that continues between you two because that does not ever stop.

You need to be strong to continue on your own personal path and to show the rest of your family that even though you feel very strongly about what has happened you can rise above it in the face of this great adversity. Look to God as your crutch while you walk your path. If you stumble, know that He is right there by your side ready to lift you up and help you continue your walk with His ever-loving embrace and presence.

http://dying.lovetoknow.com/grieving-loss-parent

May God bless you and your family, my dearest, and see you through this. I will offer prayers for all of you.

-------------------------------------------

Feeling empty, sad and fearful?

Turn to God who can make you cheerful! †

BreathofAngel

Rest In Peace Jorge Alvarado

April 12, 1968~January 17, 2012

<3

• Members

Thank you for you kind words. I really didn't expect someone to reach out to me but it really means a lot. I just feel really lonely sometimes & just wanted to let it out. & since I don't know anyone here I thought why not share it with people who have gone through what I am going through. Anyways, thank you very much. <3

smile.gif

• Members

My mother passed away in 2006. The last two years I've been working on a website so that I could honor her. I came up with www.deiningthedash.com which is a free online community where people can post tributes, memories, photos, videos and write the biography for our loved ones who have passed on. I hope this can help you as it has me.

Archived