Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

INSPIRATIONAL

Kelly

• Members

"Our sadness is an energy we discharge in order to heal. …Sadness is painful. We try to avoid it. Actually discharging sadness releases the energy involved in our emotional pain. To hold it in is to freeze the pain within us. The therapeutic slogan is that grieving is the ‘healing feeling.’"

John Bradshaw

"To weep is to make less the depth of grief."

William Shakespeare

"There is no despair so absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sorrow, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and be healed, to have despaired and recovered hope."

George Eliot 

"Seek not happiness too greedily, and be not fearful of unhappiness."

Lao-tzu

"When the heart grieves over what it has lost, the spirit rejoices over what it has left."

Sufi epigram 

"Grief is neither a sign of weakness nor a lack of faith. It's the price we pay for love."

~ Darcie Sims

• Members

I AM HOME by Mike Dooley at tut.com

"And now,

I am HOME;

And I am supremely happy, in a "place" of profound and unspeakable beauty. A place where all are bathed in showers of unconditional LOVE. I am home, and before long, you will be too, and we will be together always. But until we embrace again, let me also share this with you... so that you can better understand those things that may trouble you the most:

I now know that the love I feel here was at all times on earth too, and all one must do in order to feel it, is to KNOW it is there. This love that shines on you now is there to comfort and console, to heal and restore, and to bring laughter and joy. You have set lofty goals for yourself and the challenges you've chosen are admirable, but with this love and the faith that you can do all things, even these noble callings will one day soon be little more than baby steps in your march to gaining dominion over every time-space illusion. You will prevail. Your dreams, as well as the obstacles placed on your path, are gifts given you so that you might sooner see this Light that now surrounds you.

Of these gifts, my parting was one. You need not be sad, for even now I am with you - though you must close your eyes to see me. The illusion of death presses one on to greater understandings, for only when faced with darkness can you begin to properly seek the light. A light that will reveal that there can be no endings, goodbyes, or sadness, without beginnings, reunions, and happiness, and that you and I are unlimited Beings of Light adventuring throughout creation so that we may rediscover the magnificence of our own divinity. We are Gods rolling like thunder through the heavenly landscapes of eternity, where there are only miracles, there is only love, and Everything is holy.

Before you on earth there remain infinite possibilities for the most fulfilling time of your life, in a universe conspiring on your behalf. The world is indeed your oyster, though your "work" is not yet done, and you will be happiest if you cling not too tightly to the past. But if you must, take solace in your times of sorrow by knowing that I am always there, that I will be at your triumphant homecoming, and that I too have prepared a place for you in a blissful celebration that is only just beginning.

I love you so. I am happy. God speed. "

• Members

I carry your heart with me e.e.cummings

I carry your heart with me

(I carry it in my heart)

I am never without it

(anywhere I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate

(for you are my fate, my sweet)

I want no world

(for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows

higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

• Members

When my beloved husband of 37 years Crossed Over to the Spirit World, my brother from the Cherokee Tribe gifted me with this poem:

"Smoke and Prayers search the skies

For answers hiding behind our eyes.

This place is just a dusky trail,

We walk.......Then pass beyond the veil."

Peace and prayers,

Turquoise

• Members

Turquoise, you write so eloquently. Your inspirational quotes helped to heal my heart today.Thank you for posting such nice thoughts! ~A

• Members
crushedheart

Oh my dear Turquoise...reading ..and absolutely drinking all of this in .. *And Now I am  Home* ...how beautiful that description ...Gives me such a glorious feeling knowing our loved one's are experiencing this and leaving us with such specific directions..for our walk here .. .. wow just to have Unconditional love..pure and Holy ..also gives me a yearning to the very depths of my soul wanting to GO there..Thank you so very much for sharing !

If it's ok...I'll print this page and pass it on to some other widows that are searching for peace.

• Members

Aurora,

Thank you for some of these postings, they have really lifted me.  I can almost hear Tim saying them to me

Appreciate it!

Cheryl

• Members

(3-9-'08) On your birthday, how do you capture all the blessings of all we shared? Life turns on a dime taking many trips around the sun. We were given so much. I felt so blessed to have you in my life. May you find peace today and allow your soul to find freedom. You filled my life with joy. I am glad for all the days we spent together. I hold you in my heart always with love. I will treasure and hold you the rest of my life, your Aurora

• Members
mishelly561

That is so pretty... I had just been looking at your picture and realized you joined on my sons 21st birthday (would have been). Very beautiful~

• Members
mishelly561

"Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal"

I found this on a website and sat there and read it over and over one day and it stuck with me.

Michelle~

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived