Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has anyone gone to a widow-widower meet up?

gunnerswife

• Members

I am to go Tuesday. I just was curious what they were like. i wanted to do something like this and the counseler said they were nice.but i am a little scared so juust wondering.

• Members

I go twice a month, it is kind of like a round table discussion. I'm sure they are all different. I think it is like this website but face to face. We discuss what we deal with in the community and how we handle our feelings. It gives us the opportunity to meet others going through the same thing we are. Don't be scared they don't make you do anything you are not comfortable with. It will be good for you.

Mike

• Moderators

Not sure what you mean by "meetup" but where I am there is actually a group via "meetup.com" for widows/widowers and it was nice, people a little older overall but very nice. It's really more a social group ie we didn't sit around talking about our loss etc, but others may vary........certainly nothing to be scared of, I think, esp w/these people of all types, as they have an understanding of this.......best of luck!

• Members

No Mike it is not like that the group don't start until november here. this is a once a month thing to meet others thats in the same shoes as you are. we meet and get breakfast and talk.

• Members

they were so much older then me like in there 70 and 80. it was nice but not one was my age. the youngest ones was me and my 2 friends and they are pushing 60. my one friend went with me for comfort and my other friend she was a widow came after she found out where we were going.

Archived