Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
widower2

Music, movies or other such things that are relevant/helpful/etc

Thisishard, on the bus home from work and just checked out the Springsteen tunes - love them! How have I missed those before? I'll have to check out the Train. And Ern, I've always loved Gerry Rafferty's stuff. That's a good one. Such a clear, mellow tone to his voice.

And catz, the guitar work on your post is amazing. You really don't hear that kind of intricate playing much now. Believe I've heard another ELP song that has some similar sound. Truly beautiful!

missingdaniel - glad you liked them. The Boss has a way with words :) I heard another one the other day called Ashes Like Snow by Lily Kershaw.

Lot of great stuff all - some of these I never would have probably known about either, thx :)

I thought I mentioned this one here but didn't see it, so for what it's worth (warning, this definitely fits in the sad/let it out category!) - Shaun Colvin's "I Don't Know Why"

PS we seem to be on a music tear..........any movies, shows, or books you found helpful? I tried a "Chicken Soup" book geared to grieving with people's stories, etc but frankly didn't do much for me and browsed through a few others at the bookstores that didn't grab me either.

People recommended The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion to me. It's sitting on my dresser but have not felt in a magical enough mood to start it. That being said it is supposed to be very good

Lot of great stuff all - some of these I never would have probably known about either, thx :)

I thought I mentioned this one here but didn't see it, so for what it's worth (warning, this definitely fits in the sad/let it out category!) - Shaun Colvin's "I Don't Know Why"

This is one of the best songs! Thank you for introducing it to me!

This is one of the best songs! Thank you for introducing it to me!

For all, but AK since you liked that one, thought you might like this one by the same person - warning also sad :)

Thought this was due for a bump :)   I'm sure others have some suggestions - again it can be something which is uplifting, or something which although sad can be "good" in that way, ie help to just let it out

For all those who do not know one of England's greatest singer/songwriters, Richard Thompson, check this out.

Warning is a little sad.

Or this classic, Vincent Black Lightning.

This song wasn't originally written about death, but having seen my wife suffer those years until she decided to leave this world by herself the lyrics got an entirely new meaning for me.

Falling slowly