Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing Lance

Guest grievingperson

• Guests
Guest grievingperson

I'm new to this site.  I have been reading some of the messages posted looking for answers on coping with the loss of my husband 10 weeks ago.  We would have celebrated our 23rd anniversary on Feb. 16th.  He was involved in a fatal auto accident 3 days before christmas.  We have to wonderful children a daughter 19 and a son who just turned 16 three weeks before the accident.  This has been so difficult for all three of us.  My son is finally talking to me a little about his feelings, my daughter is very open with me.  As for myself I'm just trying to get through the day and be strong for the kids.  I have never felt such pain in my life before, I feel like someone just ripped part of my heart and sole out of my body.  Lance and I met when I was 19 and I'm now 46. I have come to except that he is not coming home, but now I just miss him so so very much.  I just feel somedays there is nothing to look forward to, so many of our plans and dreams for when the kids were grown and it was just the two of us again, they're all gone in an instant.  I am thankful that I have my kids and because of them I'm able to keep moving.

Archived