Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My husband my best friend!!

BreathofAngel

• Members

I just recently lost my husband of 12 years we have an 11 year old and 2 year old and life without him just doesn't make sense any more. I have no desire to do anything. I woke up and found him next to me he died in his sleep. We had to bury him the day before our daughter's 11th birthday and only a few weeks after our son's 2nd. I cry all the time and find it hard to smile any more. I have no family here to help or support me. My mother died when i was 23 my brother was killed in a car wreck when i was 14. I feel so lost and lonely. I married Alan when i was 18 and he is all I have ever known. I am currently in College for nursing and was starting what was becoming a successful cake business on the side and the day he died my world fell apart. I will never love like that again. My heart is truly shattered in a million pieces and I can't mend them. I have always been the optimistic one, but now i just don't get life anymore!! Alan was my rock and he was the best man I could have ever known. I was truly lucky to have in my life.If any one out there can offer any kind of advice or understanding that would be great. I have stopped making cakes and i don't even want to go back to school.

• Members
BreathofAngel

I just recently lost my husband of 12 years we have an 11 year old and 2 year old and life without him just doesn't make sense any more. I have no desire to do anything. I woke up and found him next to me he died in his sleep. We had to bury him the day before our daughter's 11th birthday and only a few weeks after our son's 2nd. I cry all the time and find it hard to smile any more. I have no family here to help or support me. My mother died when i was 23 my brother was killed in a car wreck when i was 14. I feel so lost and lonely. I married Alan when i was 18 and he is all I have ever known. I am currently in College for nursing and was starting what was becoming a successful cake business on the side and the day he died my world fell apart. I will never love like that again. My heart is truly shattered in a million pieces and I can't mend them. I have always been the optimistic one, but now i just don't get life anymore!! Alan was my rock and he was the best man I could have ever known. I was truly lucky to have in my life.If any one out there can offer any kind of advice or understanding that would be great. I have stopped making cakes and i don't even want to go back to school.

Dearest (((((TolinFrick))))),

My heart goes out to you, dearest, for the physical loss of your dear husband and I offer you my sincere condolences.

I know things are hitting you pretty hard right now, but please know that you are not alone! That is why this fine forum was established for wonderful people like yourself to come and speak about that which is so near and dear to your heart. I know it is easy to feel like you can't go on under the circumstances, yet in your grief, you must stop for a moment and ask yourself what would your husband want for you to do right now? I believe because of his love for you, he would want for you to be the strongest ever because of your children as well as for yourself who have no one else at this time! He would surely want for you to go on with your studies and rise above the fray in order to move forward towards a great career so that you can support your children who I'm sure have a need for that support especially now during their formative years.

My heart goes out to you in a very special way, dearheart, the more I read about your dear husband, Alan. But again, since a husband is a big part of the family, he is one of the main partners who helped bring your children into the world therefore, there can be no doubt that he would be very concerned for his children being able to have a roof over their head, good daily meals and an education. I know there are state agencies that can help especially since your children are still under age, but you had planned a career and another business that you need to reconsider continuing with. They both cannot just fall by the wayside. Again, I know it is extremely hard for you right now, dear, but there are others involved here (your children) who must act as your strength and the impetus to go forward and accomplish that which Alan would have wanted for you to achieve!

You are certainly entitled to a grieving period and no one can tell you how long that should be. But you are also entitled to continue your studies and business so that both things will not hit you suddenly like a lead balloon should you not continue. There must be someone in your area who can speak with you and offer further suggestions on how you can successfully return to school. Please know that life is so uncertain that at any given time we can be called back home by God, our Creator. He never makes any mistakes. He knows and realizes why your husband had to join Him when he did. He also would not leave you all alone without the means to continue with your life and forge ahead in the face of this adversity. You need only look to Him for added Strength and Perseverance. Your future as well as that of your children must be of prime concern to you surely thus, when you are able, it would be good to revisit that thought and decide how you are going to help yourself and your children who are surely looking up to you at this time.

The following website may be of added comfort to you, dearheart.

http://ezinearticles...band&id=6180730

May God bless you and your children and surround you with His Love and His Light and bring you Great Comfort and much Hope.

----------------------------------------------------

Are you breathing right now and alive?

Then there's real HOPE for you! Don't

give up! Instead, give yourself a Chance! -- BoA

Archived