Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i don't think they are gone; i've had signs

val

• Members

i hadn't seen this forum before but now that i have i need to share what happened to me after praying for a sign that my deceased husband Jerry and God were still with me. jer died july 5 2012. shortly thereafter i went to a stream were i could meditate and pray and sob. i did so . i dropped three flowers into the water (we always called ourselves "the group of three", me him and the cat. silly i know but every part of this has significance. i was doing this during my work day. i sat by the stream for i don't know how long. i got up and had to wipe the mud from my shoes. on way back to office i realized i was out of cigarettes so went to small store to get some. upon leaving i got stuck at the light so waited till i could make my turn. when i did i looked up and the car in front of me had a vanity plate that stated 'HERE I AM'. i lost it. there was the sign i'd been praying for. since that day, i continue on with my ritual of meditating, dropping flowers in stream and crying and praying for a sign. about a week later, after leaving work (and i work in a congested area ; lots of traffic) i was at a particularly dangerous intersection. i had prayed that day as usual -i looked up at the car in front of me. there it was again, twice now' 'HERE I AM'. these experiences have left me feeling my husband and God are reinforcing that i am not alone. that they are here with me. in PA where i live, only one vanity plate is assigned to any one vehicle registration. the odds of this happening once, let alone twice, tell me they are not gone. val

• Members

I completely agree with you Val. The signs are all around us each and every day. I am so happy that you were given support from Jerry at that time. I'm sure it helped to ease the sadness just a little.

I have had many things happen in my lifetime. Far too many to take up this post mentioning. I can say however that because of it I have strong faith and am assured that I will see my son again. Perhaps that is why I am able to handle this better then some thought I would. It is important to open yourself up to it. How many of you have had somebody lift the sheets at the foot of your bed at night? A touch on the feet? Just yesterday the scent of his cologne as I walked into the bathroom. It was so strong that I had to walk back out to see if I had imagined it. And dreams that bring him back to me where I can actually hold him and give him a hug again. I always waken feeling so good. Who has ever gone through the motions of something and for a flash instant thought you had been there and done it before? I have a recurring dream of standing on a hilly grassy field. I am looking down on a small quaint church. The time is somewhere in the 1800's. There are carriages and horses at one side of the church. People are standing in the graveyard around a grave. There are a respectable number but not a huge amount of people. All dressed in long black dresses and bonnets, etc. As I stand watching them I am intrigued and fascinated. It dons on me that they are there to bury me. I am fairly young and in my late teens. I try to call out to them that it is alright and I have not died but I am still very much alive. I am actually feeling darned good to be honest. The sun feels warm on my face and the grasses are swaying in the breeze. Again, I look and realize that it is me. I always wake up after that. And the time is always 3:33 a.m.

God allows us signs to give us hope and support to carry us through this difficult time. It is meant to encourage us to take faith that we are separated for only a short time. I do not mean to preach...as I know we all have our own ideas. The most important thing is to live this life as best as we can.

• Members
BreathofAngel

i hadn't seen this forum before but now that i have i need to share what happened to me after praying for a sign that my deceased husband Jerry and God were still with me. jer died july 5 2012. shortly thereafter i went to a stream were i could meditate and pray and sob. i did so . i dropped three flowers into the water (we always called ourselves "the group of three", me him and the cat. silly i know but every part of this has significance. i was doing this during my work day. i sat by the stream for i don't know how long. i got up and had to wipe the mud from my shoes. on way back to office i realized i was out of cigarettes so went to small store to get some. upon leaving i got stuck at the light so waited till i could make my turn. when i did i looked up and the car in front of me had a vanity plate that stated 'HERE I AM'. i lost it. there was the sign i'd been praying for. since that day, i continue on with my ritual of meditating, dropping flowers in stream and crying and praying for a sign. about a week later, after leaving work (and i work in a congested area ; lots of traffic) i was at a particularly dangerous intersection. i had prayed that day as usual -i looked up at the car in front of me. there it was again, twice now' 'HERE I AM'. these experiences have left me feeling my husband and God are reinforcing that i am not alone. that they are here with me. in PA where i live, only one vanity plate is assigned to any one vehicle registration. the odds of this happening once, let alone twice, tell me they are not gone. val

Hi dear Val!

Thank you for sharing with us! It is greatly appreciated!

What happened to you cannot be attributed to anything else but God hearing your plea and responding in the way this happened! Your Jerry was there with you in spirit TWICE! That is wonderful. I often think that so many other people have received such signs but have simply not been "with it" enough to understand the signs and instead choose to voluntarily ignore them when they happen. This because they feel that is the 'right' thing to do, imagine that! Our loved ones continue to be with us always in their new spirit form and they are very much aware of what we do, when we do it and what goes on in our daily life. God is so good to allow us to have these experiences that have brought so much comfort and understanding to so many across the world.

Thank you again and please continue to share as you feel led! Such episodes need to have a good venue for discussion and this is just such a place.

It may interest you to know that there is a great site where good Christian people and others gather to discuss ways in which their loved ones continue to communicate with them from spirit. Everyone is very nice and cordial with one another and fully understands the reality of this phenomenon.

http://members2.boar...com/adcfriends/

May you continue to be blessed by God and that your Jerry will continue to send you signs that he is still around you and that he continues to love you!

• Members
Silvergirl61

Ok..since you shared that, Val..I will share this story with everyone too. My husband had a massive heart attack, and due to the time it took to get him resucitated, he suffered irreversible brain injury, and was on a respirator, and other life support. There wasn't any hope he could ever recover, not even regain conciousness,probably. I understood that, but I was really struggling with it, hoping for a miracle, up until the last possible minute. He had already made his wishes known, but I wasn't ready to let go. I felt like the higher power hated me, and that I was not going to accept it, and that I couldn't give him up. I went outside, into the stormy weather, and I was so angry! I shouted at the dark sky, asking why do you hate me? What did I do wrong? My sister was there, and she held me, telling me to look up, tht a rainbow had appeared, a sign that I was loved, not hated. I cried, and told her that it was light through water, not a sign, and that I couldn't do what I had to do, not unless I had something better than that to hold onto! SHe shook her head sadly, and told me that God didn't work like that, and that if I would just stop and listen, I would feel the love and the sorrow that he shared with me, and that I was not alone, but loved.

As she walked away from me, I cried, and said that I knew what I had to do, and asked that I could have a sign, just anything that would make me feel that Dennis understood, that I had to try and save him, that I hadn't meant to cause him more pain, and that we were ok. And maybe something that would let me know that this wasn't forever, that I would see him again, someday, and that he would be ok, whereever he was going to be. Large black clouds rolled in, and lightning was flashing, and a strange smoky looking fog boiled up covering the rainbow, while I watched. Then in the middle of all those black clouds, a split opened up, and inside was a huge white cloud, which started to unfold. As it did, it seemed like a large pair of wings came up outof the ball, then a long neck, with a very dragonlike head appeared, and it seemed it looked straight at me for a few seconds, then the wings lifted higher, the neck stretched upward, and a hole opened in the dark clouds above it. The smoky fog was sucked up around it, and through the hole, and then the dragon sailed up and through, the hole disappeared, and it began to rain. We had been so dry all summer, and here was a beautiful rain falling! I took the dragon cloud for the exact sign that I had been asking for- a sign that I could not mistake, that Dennis was going to be fine, that he would be waiting for me, on the other side, and that he understood, and still loved me...and so did that higher power. Dennis always called me his Silvergirl, the color of that beautiful silver-white cloud.....and he was Draco, my dragon. Who needs a knight in shining armor if you have a dragon of your very own? When things get very bad, if I remember that we will see each other again someday, it makes it a litle easier. I no longer doubt that I will. It just will take some time, and I miss him so very much. But love never dies, and we never really lose the ones we love- they are with us still, if only in our hearts and memories for a time. But I really think it is more than that, that they are always with us, as long as we need them to be, even if it is hard to see them, or feel them, and we can't help missing them. I know now that this isn't forever, but we will have forever someday. I can feel it now, so I will try to go on, and wait. Some days, it is easier than others. And some days, it's just not.

• Members

Dear Silvergirl - I am so glad you shared that with me this morning. We were on chat for quite a while and when i mentioned i was a recoverying alcoholic , you went away. i wasn't sure why. Continue to look for signs that reinforce the connection b etween you, Dennis and Higher Power. You will see them. I do, everyday it is something. I must go out the door for work now but you can always email me at valerielandis@rocketmail.com . I am so glad you joined this site. I hope to be in touch with you soon again. God Bless, Higher Power, bless you today and always. val

• Members
Silvergirl61

Just in case you have doubts about this, I wasn't the only one who witnessed this cloud formation. Several other people saw it, and they agreed the cloud looked like a dragon flying away. When I told them about asking for a sign, they agreed it could only be what I had asked for, and two of the ladies prayed for me, and agreed it was a sign. I hope this helps someone else , who is struggling with the same kind of feelings that I was feeling.

Yes, there is someone out there, who always loves us, and who really does care. We just don't always get the message.

• Members
Silvergirl61

Val- I am so sorry! The server kicked me out, and when I came back, you didn't answer! I am glad you are recovering, and I wish you the best. Please chat with me again. I loved talking with you, and you helped me more than you know. Thank you!

• Members

Dear Silvergirl:

So glad to receive your return posts. I have no doubt you saw what you saw. I am at work right now so this has to be kept short. I'll be in touch again very soon. God Bless, Val

Archived