Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

tombstone

gunnerswife

• Members

My wonderful brother and son helped me get the tombstone today we got a picture of a lab put it on as he loved our two dogs Ben and Janet. We got wedding rings with our date on it and our names and birthday and his date of death. it cost close to 3000. it was a hard job to do but needed done.

• Members

My wonderful brother and son helped me get the tombstone today we got a picture of a lab put it on as he loved our two dogs Ben and Janet. We got wedding rings with our date on it and our names and birthday and his date of death. it cost close to 3000. it was a hard job to do but needed done.

It sounds very nice, and I'm glad you had someone to help you. Do you want to share a picture? (Some people like to take pictures, some don't and it's okay if you don't).

ModKonnie

• Members

Good for you! It took me a year to pick out the stone - ended up designing it myself. On the stone is the quote "for those who love, time is eternity." It was a tough job.

Mandala

• Members

Gunnerswife,

I was thinking about bringing this subject up. I have been looking at gravestones but I haven't been able to do this yet. I know it is something

that I really want to get done. But I just haven't had the courage to take care of it even though I know it will do be good to get what I want

and it will be a step forward not backward. Good for you and glad you had help. It sounds really nice. I have looked at several stones and want to bring it up

to my daughter soon. Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Shay

• Members

Gunnerswife,

I was thinking about bringing this subject up. I have been looking at gravestones but I haven't been able to do this yet. I know it is something

that I really want to get done. But I just haven't had the courage to take care of it even though I know it will do be good to get what I want

and it will be a step forward not backward. Good for you and glad you had help. It sounds really nice. I have looked at several stones and want to bring it up

to my daughter soon. Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Shay

most people must put it off, because she asked me when he died she said oh thats just very new. i am so glad its coming went to the grave yard yesterday and it really needs the stone.

• Members

THE TOOMSTONE SOUNDS. REAL NICE AND IT TELLS.THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE AS BEING HAPPILY MARRIED AND LOVING ANIMALS I VISIT A LITTLE GRAVEYARD DOWN FROM MY HOUSE AND I CALL IT MY LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRE PLACE BECAUSE YHE CHURCH AND THE GRAVE YARD IS OVER A HUNDRED YEARS OLD AND TOOMBSTONE DO REFLECT THE KIND OF PERSON AND LIFE THEY LIVED I LIKE TO VISIT BECAUSE I KNOW THE PEOPLE THERE RESTING PROBABLY DONT HAVE MANY THAT VISIT SINCE IT IS SO OLD I MYSELF CREMATED MY HUSBAND DUE TO HIS WISHES SO NOW HE REST ON OUR HEADBOARD AND I HAVE SOME OF HIS ASHES IN A HEART NECKLACE THAT IS WITH ME AT ALL TIMES HE WAS MY LOVE AND I THANK YALL FOR BEING HERE AND SHARING YIUR STORIES

• Members

OH it sounds beautiful. I didn't even know they could do such individual design work. Good for you and I am glad you had help in accomplishing that. I know it's been on your mind.

I was so grateful you called me last night too. I really needed to talk. Thank you. Talk soon, hugs, Val

• Members

THE TOOMSTONE SOUNDS. REAL NICE AND IT TELLS.THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE AS BEING HAPPILY MARRIED AND LOVING ANIMALS I VISIT A LITTLE GRAVEYARD DOWN FROM MY HOUSE AND I CALL IT MY LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRE PLACE BECAUSE YHE CHURCH AND THE GRAVE YARD IS OVER A HUNDRED YEARS OLD AND TOOMBSTONE DO REFLECT THE KIND OF PERSON AND LIFE THEY LIVED I LIKE TO VISIT BECAUSE I KNOW THE PEOPLE THERE RESTING PROBABLY DONT HAVE MANY THAT VISIT SINCE IT IS SO OLD I MYSELF CREMATED MY HUSBAND DUE TO HIS WISHES SO NOW HE REST ON OUR HEADBOARD AND I HAVE SOME OF HIS ASHES IN A HEART NECKLACE THAT IS WITH ME AT ALL TIMES HE WAS MY LOVE AND I THANK YALL FOR BEING HERE AND SHARING YIUR STORIES

He did not want cremated or that would probablly been the way i went. I don't think i would want the ashes though. the grave yard he is buried at is also the church we vote at. the plot i got is up by the woods and i had him put in the one closest to the woods i bought 4 plots. He would love that as he loved the country loved our land and use to hunt.

• Members

OH it sounds beautiful. I didn't even know they could do such individual design work. Good for you and I am glad you had help in accomplishing that. I know it's been on your mind.

I was so grateful you called me last night too. I really needed to talk. Thank you. Talk soon, hugs, Val

Hi, Yes they can do anything to a tombstone you want done.we could had even had bens real pic but this is just a pic of a lab they had no design cause extra unless you wanted something special she said we could had even had our picture put on it that did not interest me. You can call me anytime you wish, i don't know what to say or do for you but i will be glad to listen

Archived