Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
evey339

JUST LOST MY PRECIOUS ROTTIE

evey339   

Hi, I know there are so many other pressing issues out there - so many people suffering for so many reasons.  But I'm really hurting right now.  We just put down our precious Onyx - picked her (or rather she picked us!) out of the local shelter eight years ago.  I am going to miss her so VERY much.

Thank you

I am sorry for your loss of Onyx.  It is starting to get better by seeing Tuffy's grandchildren.  I see a little of him in each.  I know that talking about Tuffy has helped me and it may help you too.  Kittylady

Evey,

I'm soo sorry to hear about the loss of your Rottie. I lost Hundtie a little over 4 years ago. She was a full blooded German Rotty and the BEST dog I have EVER had !!!! I had to put her down 2 weeks before her 13th b-day. I mourned the loss of Hundtie for 2 years (I had 2 other breeds of dogs when she passed) and swore off getting another Rottweiler ever. However, after a year of grieving for her I started looking a Rottweiller rescue sites for about a year. Then 2 years ago, I found a breeder stateside(Hundtie came from Germany) who claimed to breed German Rotty's. Well, my hubby & I drove several states away to look @ the parents of our current Rotty(Snoopy). The puppies were only 8 weeks old & my heart melted.Needless to say, I have 2 year old Snoopy. She is NOTHING like Hundtie. Snoopy's personality is waaaaaaaay different than my other Rotty(Snoop's a Belgium Rotty,not German). She is her own dog and she gets along grat w/ my other dog(an older Brittney spaniel ; our 3rd dog,an Aussie, has since died ). Snoopy was ALOT of work that first year(I forgot how stubborn Rott's are). I have since learned never to say Never and I love my current Rotty :-)

Also, I was sent a beautiful passage called the Rainbow bridge(on the loss of pet thread), after Marbles(the aussie) passed a year & 1/2 ago. It made my heart feel a little better and I knew she would be fine in heaven w/ Hundtie & my Brother(I also lost a brother w/ in a month of Marbles passing). So I hope my beloved Hundtie & Marble's can meet up w/ your beloved Rotty on the Rainbow Bridge :-)

Blessings,Diane

evey339   

Thank you for your input. I appreciate so much you taking the time.  I expect my baby to be coming back home to me tomorrow (she leaves my house in a blanket, returns to be in a little box).  Each day, I know they say will get better.  I hope so.

Thanks again

Evey, Here's the Rainbow bridge from when my other dog passed last year:

The Rainbow Bridge (in Honor of Marbles our Aussie '94 - 2/9/07)

Just this side of heaven is a place called; The Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been very close to someone here,that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.There are meadows,trees & hills for ALL of our pets to run & play togehter. There's plenty of food,water & sunshine. Our loving pets are warm & comfortable.

All the pets who've been ill & old are restored to health & vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made Whole & Strong again; They are as we remember them in our dreams of days & times gone by.

Our pets are happy & content,except for one SMALL thing; they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind.

The pets run & play w/ each other; but the day comes when only one pet suddenly stops & looks into the distance. Their Brite eyes are intent; Their eager body quivers. Suddenly the pet begins to run from the group they were playing with,flying over the green grass, their legs running faster & faster.

YOU have been spotted. Then, when you & your special pet finally meet again; you cling together in joyous reunion. Never to be parted again. The Happy kisses rain upon your face;your hands pet your beloved's head & you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet; this beloved pet who's been soo long gone from your life but NEVER absent from your HEART.

Then you both....

CROSS THE RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER............

Author Unknown

evey339   

Thank you so much for your poem.  I found if very comforting.  We picked up our Pup's ashes yesterday.  I feel peace now that she's home.  We're looking into breeders and local shelter to find another dear friend.  Thank you again

Hi,,, wanted to send special thoughts your way, may you be comforted

during this difficult time.

We have not yet come to the 1 yr. anniversary of our pet's sudden departure,

been 10 months, and I and our now 4 yr. old grand-daughter still get quite

teary eyed over our loss.   We continue to find ways to celebrate her life with

us... browsing thru photos of our Autumn Sunlight, lighting candles atop a

cake,  and our grandkid selects one of her toys to wrap and take outdoors

to our beloved pet.  We make a whole day of it. 

Sometimes, we print a photo of her, write her a note, or just stop to

hug and kiss the photo of Autumn that sits at the entrance of our home.

She loves pretending that Autumn is hiding from us, so while at the dining table,

she asks:  "Grammy, go see, go see, I think she is hiding  behind the couch or

under the table, etc.  I play along with her,,, as our pretend games seem to help

when missing our doggie girl. 

Wishing you embraces from wonderful memories with your absent pet.  : )

Lord bless you.  Thank the Lord, that we are finally feeling better, tho I still

miss our Autumn Sunlight greatly.  In memory of my faithful friend Autumn.

evey339   

Thank you so much for you story.  What is saving me as each day goes by - I have emails to so many rescues/shelters for Rotties all over the country.  We are looking for a new girl, but are also looking to save a life/give a home to.  Each day I pray we are closer to adopting a new member for our family.

Thanks again

carrot1   

I had a Rottie too. Her name was Baby. She was the most beautiful gentle loving dog I have ever seen.  So smart and lady like- just really a part of our family. Its been 5 years since we had to put her down, I still miss her. 

Evey,

I'm glad you honored your Rotty w/ this thread & by seeking out girl thru a rescue. They are such a misunderstood breed. I have always loved & admired Rotties and @ the bottom I'll put this Halloween's picture of my teen age Rotty Snoopy as Princess Leia of Star Wars fame. I tried dressing her as Yoda too, but she preferred the other outfit(I know..I'm making her a sissy,but she loves it..LOL). Here's my new Baby Girl Snoopy

post-16306-128153887604_thumb.jpg

mamabets   

For All~ My son Danny, who passed away in June of 2004, had a Rottweiler named Dorian. I remember when I had a trip planned to go see my kids when they were living in Florida, my family members were so scared that I was going to be with this dog...The dog climbed IN MY LAP, put his sweet paws around my neck, and his head on my shoulder...SNUGGLED with me when I slept!!

He was one of the most amazing creatures, ever...

A miracle animal... We LOVED him so much~ He, from what I have heard, is now with my Danny, across the RAINBOW BRIDGE~

We have 4 doxies, ages 10-15, all still acting like wild puppies!!! LOL~ I tell them, "DO NOT YOU DARE leave this Earth before me"

LOVE

mamabets