Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
metalman

Hello

metalman   

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a message board like this for a while.  I have been reading and crying to some of the stories & posts on this board this evening.   My mother died last December on my 28th birthday as I sat with her and held her hand in Hospice unit.  She was completely emaciated and unresponsive due to complications of cancer so it was a very tragic death.  I could go on a tirade about all of the different emotions but what is most disturbing to me, even more than not having her, is knowing all of the things that she wanted to do or liked to do that she will never get to do (she was only 59).  I often feel like I am alone, as she died when I was at such a young age.  However, I see several posts on this board from others who are young also.  Anyway, I'm sure I will be viewing this board often as it does help to hear about others' similar experiences.

carrot1   

Yes, my father died of cancer in aug. he was only 46. I'm not sure if the cancer makes it harder or easier. Knowing and maybe hoping they just won't be in pain for much longer? I am having a very hard time with this too. I went to a wedding for a weekend...and when i came back he was not responsive in the hospital. I feel so guilty about leaving him. And i miss him everyday. It happened so quick.