Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

One year ann coming up

beth9206

• Members
sad.gifIt is going to be a year on August 9th since I lost my Dad. I don't know how I am going to handle it. If I will be an emotional mess or just shed a tear here and there. I am definitely going to the cemetery and bring him flowers and a balloon for his bday,which is the 12 th. how did everyone handle the one year ann of your parent's passing?

• Members
BreathofAngel

sad.gifIt is going to be a year on August 9th since I lost my Dad. I don't know how I am going to handle it. If I will be an emotional mess or just shed a tear here and there. I am definitely going to the cemetery and bring him flowers and a balloon for his bday,which is the 12 th. how did everyone handle the one year ann of your parent's passing?

My Dearest (((((((Beth))))))), The first year anniversary of a dear beloved one's passing can be the hardest as it brings back those wonderful memories of times gone by when you were physically together. But it is about his life and all of the wonderful happenings that must be concentrated upon. And Love definitely continues even after a person's passing! That is forever and it is yours always to keep close to your heart! By all means take him flowers and a balloon! Our loved ones, it is said, do arrive for special days such as birthdays since they know their cherished ones left behind are celebrating that special day for them. Therefore, they are there in spirit.

Even though it may be hard to face the day, a bright light will shine, dearest Beth. That light will be the fine memories of your Dad and all that you did together! That is what will prompt his spirit to be there with you on that special day. It is part of the non-ending Love that continues and will always be there between the two of you. Cherish the moment and that day, as having a loved one remember us once we are gone is such a special happening that even though the tears may flow, as is natural because your heart weeps for one who helped bring you into the world and who continues to love you, the joy of that reunion is indeed something special to behold.

So, go and be with your Dad who continues to Love you in spirit and make his special day even more special with your delightful presence!

May God Bless You and your Dad Always, dearheart, and may a cool breeze blow your way as a way of showing you that he is right there with you during your special moments with him.

• Members

Thank you BreathofAngel.

It's been a really bad day. I have been crying non-stop. Just missing my Dad like crazy. I called my Mom and she said I have to think of it like this-he is no longer in pain and is in a better place.But I guess I am being selfish because I want him here with me! My brother is lucky-he has Dad back and me and Mom don't :( If anyone would like to text me and talk my # is 513-356-5004. My phone is always on.huh.gif

• Members
BreathofAngel

Thank you BreathofAngel.

It's been a really bad day. I have been crying non-stop. Just missing my Dad like crazy. I called my Mom and she said I have to think of it like this-he is no longer in pain and is in a better place.But I guess I am being selfish because I want him here with me! My brother is lucky-he has Dad back and me and Mom don't :( If anyone would like to text me and talk my # is 513-356-5004. My phone is always on.huh.gif

My dearest (((((((Beth))))))), I am very sorry to hear that you have had a bad day. I know it takes quite some time to begin to feel a little better after the passing of a loved one and the time it takes all depends on the persons grieving themselves as each case is different. Yes, your Mom is very correct in that your Dad is no longer in pain and is residing in a better place but we must all know and understand that that "better place" will be our final destination as well at our appointed time to transition there. Some of our beloveds leave sooner than others. We have no control over that anymore than we can control the wind, when it comes and when it goes.

And you are not being selfish, my dear. To want a person who helped bring you into this world to be there with you is never a selfish thought! It is, in effect, a thought filled with Love! And if there was a way that we could all live forever in harmony together in this world, then everyone would be enjoying the fruits of that gift. But the reality of the situation is that even Jesus had to die before He resurrected on the third day. He, being the Son of God, did not remain on Earth incarnate for eternity though He now resides both here and in Heaven in Spirit! Therefore, what can help to heal our pain over losing a loved one is the thought that since Jesus lives on, so will our loved ones, and so will we, eternally in spirit!

It is good to fellowship with others and to speak about what you are going through as one simply has to "air out" what one is inwardly feeling and be with those who truly understand. Since you indicate you wish to speak to someone about this matter, you might wish to possibly consider the following website that has great folks willing to speak to others in their time of need while they are grieving.

http://woundedhealers.com/

I pray that your life will be surrounded by many copious blessings from the LORD! With His help, we CAN make it through our darkest hour and arise to see the Light the very next day! We are never alone with Jesus by our side and remember that He sees us, hears us, and feels our emotions and our desires and wants for us to reach out to Him in prayer so that He can bring us His gifts of comfort, compassion, and peace!

May God Bless You, dearest Beth! Please know that your dear Dad lives on and would want for you also to live on at your optimum capacity without any worry or pain. Remember that We Love You!!

• Members

Hi Beth. I just want to tell you, you are not alone. I lost my Dad in September, so it's a year for me too soon. A whole year without Dad. There are no words to describe how hard it is to lose someone you love. Especially someone you look up to, like a Father.

I also want to tell you that you are entitled to feel whatever you want to feel. You are not selfish for wanting your Dad here with you, because at the end of the day our dads should never have been taken away in the first place.

I lost my Dad to stomach Cancer, we knew he was ill because he lost alot of weight. He never said it but I think he was scared for a long time to go to the doctors, because deep down he knew he was ill. He finally went to see the doctor in May 2011, to be told he had a tumour. On 13th june he was told it was terminal and he passed away in our family home 2nd September. Me and my family barely had a chance to come to terms with the fact he was going to die, it all happened and he was taken away.

The thing that hurts me so much is that we will never ever know why he had to go. Why a good man had to leave us forever. The only thing that gets me through the day is the hope that one day I will see my beautiful Dad again, and this hurt will end. But for now, I try to make him proud of me, by trying to move forward and be happy. I imagine how he would feel if he could see me sitting in my room crying all the time. It would break his heart.

Beth be strong, if I can do it, you can too, and I want you to know I am here for you whenever you need someone to talk to. My thoughts are with you.

Archived