Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just want my dad back!!!!

moomoo

• Members

Hi all from Sydney, Australia.

Yesterday was my 1st grief counselling appointment with a psychologist and do you what?. I dont think I have ever said so many things so fast to get it all out finally to a professional that understands what I was saying and how I was feeling and in the midst of me talking and letting it all out, cried and cried and cried and cried so much that i thought by the end of it all I should of had shares in the Kleenex company. I cant seem to get it out of my head that I just want my dad back so I can say goodbye to him as I didnt get that chance, I missed out by 10 hours. I dont know about any one else but the pain I feel emotionaly is so overwhelming, I sometimes think, "stop the world, I want off from it". I have been calling my mum every day and she seems like she is ok but I know deep down in her heart that it has simply broken in two from 55 years of marriage being no more.

I am so so so looking forward to my next counselling session again but I know that until then I can get on here and just type away and just say how im feeling and knowing that at least I am not the only one who is on this journey called grief and loss.

So thanks for checkin in, please takecare all until my next exerpt.

Love from Duffadoo. xx

• Members
BreathofAngel

Hi all from Sydney, Australia.

Yesterday was my 1st grief counselling appointment with a psychologist and do you what?. I dont think I have ever said so many things so fast to get it all out finally to a professional that understands what I was saying and how I was feeling and in the midst of me talking and letting it all out, cried and cried and cried and cried so much that i thought by the end of it all I should of had shares in the Kleenex company. I cant seem to get it out of my head that I just want my dad back so I can say goodbye to him as I didnt get that chance, I missed out by 10 hours. I dont know about any one else but the pain I feel emotionaly is so overwhelming, I sometimes think, "stop the world, I want off from it". I have been calling my mum every day and she seems like she is ok but I know deep down in her heart that it has simply broken in two from 55 years of marriage being no more.

I am so so so looking forward to my next counselling session again but I know that until then I can get on here and just type away and just say how im feeling and knowing that at least I am not the only one who is on this journey called grief and loss.

So thanks for checkin in, please takecare all until my next exerpt.

Love from Duffadoo. xx

My Dearest (((((((Duffadoo))))))), It is when I hear of pain like you're currently undergoing that my heart wants to reach out to you even more and although I can't be with you physically, please know that I am with you in spirit!

You cried as much as you did because of your loving heart and soul that misses your Dad so much and there can be no doubt that the psychologist completely understood that. Your Dad must have obviously been Very Proud of you while he was still here with you! Of that, there can not be any doubt! And yes, it is good to speak to someone who is a professional who understands things in the way you need to have another understand them. When you speak to others about this matter, they should always give you their full and undivided attention. This is a very serious matter to you but not everyone knows about compassion and how to respond to those who are hurting. I am therefore, so glad that you have found one who does and that you are looking so forward to going back to see them!

Be strengthened in knowing that your Dad is still very much with you in spirit! After all, that is what we all are and what we will return to when it is our time. And there is a way to get things off your chest with things you may have wanted to say to your Dad. But know that his love for you continues in a very special way as yours does for him. That is a treasure that is YOURS to keep forever because no one can take that from you, ever!

May God surround you with His Love, His Blessings, and His Light and please know that I offer my prayers to the LORD on your behalf and also for your dear Mom that he be with her also during this time and always. Stay strong, dearheart, that's how your Dad wants to see you and I know you can do it!

I am sending you much Love also!

• Members
kristaleighbird

I missed my dad by 30 minutes. talk about heart wrenching. I keep thinking that everyday, that I just want my dad back, and it's not fair. I call my mom constantly as well. She and my dad were married for 33 years in November. My mom has always been the strong stoic one, and I can only count on one hand how many times I have seen her cry. I tend to be the same way. I don't think either of us cried at my dad's funeral. But every now and then when I call, I can hear that sound in her voice that lets me know that she has been crying. That rips my heart out everytime. When I hang up the phone, I turn into a blubbering mess. Type away, because I'm with you. It's nice to have somewhere to go to type away and everyone will still be able to understand you through your stuffy nose and tears!

• Members
stargazer5510

So sorry for your losses. I agree that it's so helpful to just be able to pour your heart out here. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))

• Members

So glad that your counseling went well - that's why grief counselors exist. I agree that this is a great place to pour it all out when you need to. No judgement - just understanding. So very sorry for the loss of your dad!

Archived