Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
kelly

Today I Am...

Also pray for the King family. For they lost a great man. He was a soilder battling cancer. He was gentle and pleasent through it all. He cried in the end because he knew that his time had come. He went peacefully. Help the family to understand that he is resting now and he do not have to fear anymore.

Today I am sad.

Just dealing with last night's news about my dad's cancer.

Tomorrow I have to start back dealing with my life here, in the present. 

Today, life stopped for awhile to let me feel and cry and sleep and cry some more.

Today I am trying to reach out to some friends around here, let them know what is up to not allow myself to hide in my feelings and disconnect from everything.

My friends are wonderful at keeping me going, letting me talk when I need to.

Tomorrow is work and I need to concentrate on it and be there completely.

Today I am trying to find out if there is any way to get to go and see my dad.  He saw his oncologist and found out that the cancer's moving fast.

Have emailed the immigration attorney... hopefully she'll answer.  I'm in immigration limbo with paperwork filed almost a year ago (a Canadian living in the US).

Nobody knows how long he's got.  Now they're saying that even if he wanted chemo, he's too sick to get it with all of his other problems.  They aren't sure which of them he'll actually end up dying from... his heart problems or his cancer.

Just makes me sad, to think that I might not get to see him.  I know that I can't mess up the paperwork that's been filed or I may have to move yet again or pay yet another round of fees.

I have to remember that life has to go on... it's been a long 10 years that he's been sick, and if I dropped everything everytime he got sick there would be nothing left.  The first year he was in the hospital about once a month.

Life is fragile, I know but this is hard.

Justnicki, I know how you feel.  I am a N American living in S America.  My son died unexpectedly 2 months after I arrived here, and there was that trip home.  It was hard saying goodbye again and returning here, because after something like that, ugh, you just want to be near your family--but as you said life keeps going and you could give up your life to sit and wait, but then what kind of life would that be?  Since then my mom is encountering hard times with losing her husband mentally to Alzheimers.  He's now in a care facilty full time since 2 months ago.  I would love to be able to be near here and comfort here, but I can't pick up and go, and it costs a fortune to travel back and forth--which I do not have.  My dad also is aging and I expect medical issues to arise from time to time...  My only ammunition is to pray and hope God will lead me to know when is the right time to go, and then open a clear path from obstacles so that I can get there.  I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I hope an dpray that you get to see your dad again...  ~Claudia

Finally got somebody to answer at the attorney's office.  It's ok for me to go.  Plus I found a sweet deal on a flight (<$300 for an international flight that's normally over $1000?)... guess that this was meant to be.  It's approx 2 hours drive to the airport that had the good price (it's in another state).  Almost didn't believe it when I saw it.

I'm going to be able to spend 2.5 days (approximately) with him.  My mom said that it's something that he wanted to have happen (I think that the unspoken part is before he dies).  I know that they'd like more time... I'm not sure that I can handle more right now.  Not sure that I want to see all of the other relatives... just want to spend time with my dad.

Today I am sad, scared, confused and a whole pile more feelings.

Today I am scared of what the future will bring, I am sad and broken because probably my dad won't make it to meet my first child.  I feel like crying and just going far away....Toda is not a good day

Today on the way home from the airport I started to cry.  I was hoping somehow that he'd make it... but I know that he won't.

He starts radiation tomorrow and sees the radiologist for the bone scan results.

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family