Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

8 days ago now, Leukemia took my dad away

moomoo

• Members

My dearest dad of all aged 77 lost his battle with Leukemia on 27th June 2012 at 11pm. I was due to get a plane up to see him in hospital the following morning but I never got that chance to see my dad and to tell him stuff and to give him a kiss goodbye. I feel so ripped off, my other 2 siblings got that chance but i didnt. I feel just awful that my dad did not get to see me before he passed, I really do hope and pray that at some stage he did think of me. My mum and dad were married for 55 years, wow!!!, I hope my hubby and I get that chance. My mum's heart and soul has been broken in two and she would be absolutely crushed to the max about her best friend, her husband, her confidant' etc. To be without dad around her anymore just gives me goose bumps and I am phoning her everyday to say hello and to quietly make sure she is eating and not skipping meals etc, my mum sounds good on the phone but I know underneath it all she is broken in two. It will take a long while mummy, hold on I am here for you and I am sending big hugs to you my mummy. Love me. xx

• Members
Daffodilfun

I know how hard it is to lose a parent. The sadness you have for yourself and the concern for your mom are very nornal.

Your dad thought of you. You were/are his loving daughter and that is not an easy thing to forget. Your mom sounds like she is doing well and she is lucky to have you.

55 years is wonderful. They had that time together so it will take a long time for things to ease.

Every emotion you, your mom, and family, are going through are things that we all face, but in different ways. It is part of the grieving process. Please don't forget that.

Let us know how you and your mom are doing. We really do care.

Sally

• Members

My dearest dad of all aged 77 lost his battle with Leukemia on 27th June 2012 at 11pm. I was due to get a plane up to see him in hospital the following morning but I never got that chance to see my dad and to tell him stuff and to give him a kiss goodbye. I feel so ripped off, my other 2 siblings got that chance but i didnt. I feel just awful that my dad did not get to see me before he passed, I really do hope and pray that at some stage he did think of me. My mum and dad were married for 55 years, wow!!!, I hope my hubby and I get that chance. My mum's heart and soul has been broken in two and she would be absolutely crushed to the max about her best friend, her husband, her confidant' etc. To be without dad around her anymore just gives me goose bumps and I am phoning her everyday to say hello and to quietly make sure she is eating and not skipping meals etc, my mum sounds good on the phone but I know underneath it all she is broken in two. It will take a long while mummy, hold on I am here for you and I am sending big hugs to you my mummy. Love me. xx

Dear Duffado,

I am so sorry for your loss. My twin was the one in our family who could not be there when my mom passed, so I sympathize greatly at your feeling of not being able to be there. But as I suspect strongly that just as my mom knew my brother who couldn't be there loved her with all his heart, so did your dad about you. I hope that doesn't sound like a cheesy consolation, but a heartfelt belief. A thought had occured to me shortly after my mom passed that love shared between family is a bond that transends time and space and cannot be erased by death. You are a good daughter to your parents. They are lucky to have you. Condolences to you and your family....

Archived